“Exceeded expectations”

Travelodge Aldershot Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Aldershot
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Having stayed in numerous Travelodge hotels, we didnt really except much when we booked this hotel for a trip to the Farnborough Air Show. We were very pleasantly surprised. This is one of the 'new style' modern Travelodge hotels. The decor is simple, yet modern. Flat screen TV's in the rooms. Much more like a Premier Inn style room. Without being too fancy, the rooms are very nice and comfortable. The downsides are there's no air con (even with the fan from borrowed from reception it was way too hot for a good nights sleep) and there's no bed side plug sockets.
The location is fantastic. Situated right in the centre of Aldershot, across from a Wetherspoons, and loacted next to a variety of restaurants (Nandos, Prezzo, Harvester, Frankie & Bennys etc) and a Morrisons supermarket. Free parking is available at Morrisons, but you need to visit the customer services desk in the supermarket with a copy of your Travelodge invoice to obtain free parking.
If we were in the area again, we would absolutely stay here.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Tim E

Reviewed 14 August 2014

I have stayed here many times while I was attending cake decoration classes in Farnham.
this hotel is just opposite of the high street. On my trip sometime this year I forgot to bring my jeans as I got only one and washed it that other night so it was very wet. Luckily I got my shawl / scarf I used it as a skirt and I walked to the near by Mark & Spencer and bought some pants they open at 8 a.m so I was save as I need to go to my class in Farnham.

Nandos and many more restaurants are just at the back side of the hotel.

Room Tip: close to high street
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank EKtraveller2014
Reviewed 13 August 2014

We have just returned from a two night stay on Travelodge Aldershot, our first visit to the new style Travelodge .We booked a family room, myself and husband and two children ,my first impression on opening the door was I was surprised by how roomy it was, they really have thought of everything. a mirror over the dressing table, a full length mirror next to the small hanging wardrobe, massive comfy bed, (camp beds for the children) fresh cotton sheets and duvet and modern décor and nice colour scheme , even a smart picture on the wall, tea and coffee ,a 12 channel free view flat screen tv , an oscillating fan, nice fluffy towels and complimentary hair and body wash and antibacterial hand wash , nice little side lights on either side of the bed and extra lighting elsewhere, I am so impressed ! This particular Travelodge is fairly new so is lovely all over. We had paid for breakfast and it was really quite good , an eat as much as you like buffet , scrambled egg, bacon, sausage, tomatoes and baked beans, white and brown toast, croissants, (warmed if required ) jams and marmite and marmalade, copious breakfast cereal choices, also muesili, fruit , blueberry muffins, apple and orange juice, chilled water, tea and coffee, our only gripe was as pescetarians there was no veggie sausage option . All of the public areas are smart and modern, with two flat screen TV's in the restaraunt. The road it is on is a little noisy but with the window closed and the fan on , problem solved.
This hotel has no parking but has an agreement with Morrisons Supermarket just behind it that allows multil night stays to park there free. The hotel is ideally located, within a skip to Morrisons Supermarket, a nice walk through area with outside tables, pleasant planting and restaurants , Nando,s , Pizza Express, Toby Carvery , A Pan Asian called Mimosa, Frankie & Bennies to name but a few and a Cineworld Cinemas Complex all just around the corner from the Travelodge ! We were going to book at a Premier Inn but after staying here and comparing the value, there is no competition we would come back here every time. New look Travelodge have in my opinion got it spot on ! Well done !

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
1  Thank Bernadette E
Reviewed 11 August 2014

best Travelodge ever,, and have stayed in quite a few if you need a place in Aldershot this is it for value for money, staff really helpful, nothing to much trouble, breakfast good for a great start to the day highly recommended

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Overall, it was a good night's stay.
The room was rather warm, as mentioned by others, but i expect winter visitors would reap the benefits in the winter. A fan was provided and did manage to circulate the air quite well, at least they bothered.
The room was spotlessly clean. I know it's a new hotel but it only takes one lazy cleaner to make it poor.
The staff were friendly and polite, even at 1130 at night when we were the only ones in the bar.
Breakfast was impressive, only a small amount of food was cooked at a time to keep it fresh. It was a proper 'all you can eat' as well.
We'd have no hesitation in booking again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 August 2014

I booked a room for me and my partner for a night and we had to go back to the front desk 3 times to get a room key that worked. The room was far too hot and the toilet wasn't clean it was stained. And all I could hear was the fan outside the room. Overall I had the worst nights sleep wouldn't recommend it. Rather stay in the weatherspoons hotel

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 8 August 2014

We stayed here as a family group(10 of us in all) after a long day out in Legoland.
We booked 3 rooms in all. All 3 rooms were ready when we arrived. All of the rooms were spotlessly clean,very comfortable and a good size. Had a few issues with the door key in one of the rooms, which was dealt with satisfactorily. The only complaint I have about the rooms is that there is no air conditioning. After a hot day the rooms retain the heat and even though a fan is supplied, it makes the rooms stuffy and difficult to sleep in.
The breakfast the next day was excellent and well worth what we paid. Especially as the children ate for free. Great buffet breakfast.
The hotel is well situated in the town. Near to a number of restaurants to eat. The parking was a nightmare when we arrived. Due to it being shared with the shops, restaurants, cinema and supermarket, finding a space took nearly an hour.
Overall our stay was a good one. The staff were courteous and looked smart.
We would have no problem staying here again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aldershot
Premier Inn Aldershot Hotel
Travelodge Fleet Hotel
Holiday Inn Farnborough
Holiday Inn Farnborough
#6 of 7 in Farnborough

Been to Travelodge Aldershot Hotel? Share your experiences!