“New Rotary International (District 1140 ) meetings at Potters International Hotel”

Potters International Hotel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Aldershot
Aldershot, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 July 2012

We have just transferred to Potters International Hotel, 1 Fleet Road, Aldershot, GU11 2 ET for our weekly meetings. We are delighted, venue excellent, Management, reception and all staff extremely helpful and friendly, catering first class ! Our meeting room overlooks a beautiful cricket pitch.

We meet Tuesdays 1st, 3rd and 5th evenings 1830 for 1900hrs.....2nd and 4th, lunchtimes, 1230 for 1300hrs.

We would recommend this to other groups.

Betty McClure
Secretary
Rotary Club Aldershot

Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Beatrice1936

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Bromley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 July 2012

i stayed for one night, stay was aerage with common problems in a hotel. breakfast was awfull and yucky. mushrooms were undercooked, danish and pastries hard like a stone, fried eggs poured with oil on the serving dish; looked like they are being cooked in oil on the buffet, i would never have breakfast in this hotel. but might stay for one night if i had less options.

Room Tip: ground floor
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank tess t

Travellers are raving about these Aldershot hotels

Llandudno, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 July 2012

I have stayed here twice in the last fortnight for 1 night each time for business purposes. Each time I have arrived in the evening and left after breakfast, so my review is based on this length of time.

The building itself is pretty good, relatively easy to find, and loads of space in the public areas and the corridors - but a bit of a revamp wouldn't go amiss - particularly upstairs.

Check in was good - no problems, everything explained in detail

This is where it gets to be hit and miss

My first stay, the room was not great. My company books double rooms for sole occupancy - I was given a twin - which is not a huge problem, but a double would have been better. On my second stay I was given a room with a massive bed - much better. Not surprisingly my second night's sleep was better. The bathrooms could do with updating.

Wifi - complimentary is great - when it works. My first stay it was virtually non-existant on any wifi device, no matter where in the hotel I tried it. My second stay it was much better, with no major issues at all

Evening meal - I ate in the bar on both occasions - served by the same members of staff. During my 1st stay I ordered the sirloin steak which was delivered quicker than I expected, and was cooked, almost to perfection. So,on my second stay I thought I'd try the same, only this time I ordered soup to start. The steak arrived before the soup, as the member of staff had forgotten to put the order for the soup through to the kitchen. I did without the soup and just had the steak - this time it was overcooked, with quite a lot of gristle - not very good quality.

Breakfast was pretty poor on both mornings - I have far better breakfasts at the Holiday Inn.

So on the whole, I had 2 stays and if I had the choice to stay again, probably not, but if I have to stay for 1 night on business, I would cope.

Room Tip: twins roomed beds seem to be quite small - try to avoid if possible
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Ilfracombe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 July 2012

I stayed here for just one night with my elderly mother. The room was comfortable and clean and the staff were very helpful, especially the lady on reception when we arrived who changed our room to ground floor for us and even printed out directions to our next destination after I'd got terribly lost getting to the hotel and had to ring and get directed in! Had a great late supper and the best scrambled egg ever, for breakfast. We would definitely stay again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Huntly, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 June 2012

What a hotel, looked good, promised a lot, but delivered little. The room numbering is confusing, the WiFi is terrible and the electrics need dire attention. This hotel is in immediate need of updating and modernisation. I will not be staying here again, which is a pity as the staff are friendly and helpful. Good location but old and tired. Had three rooms at this hotel in 10 days and had two replacements irons, for the money look elsewhere.

• Stayed June 2012
Reviewed 22 June 2012

I've stayed at potters on 2 separate occasions over a 2 week period paid for by the company. The hotel is tired and could do with a serious overhaul. The beds in the rooms are excellent as is the tv; however I couldn't get the Internet in my room and the door in my second room would close properly unless it was locked. Breakfast was iffy and any more than 10 people attending ended in chaos for the (one) chef, I watch 1 bloke wait 20 mins for toast! During my second stay we had a fire alarm at 5 in the morning because someone had a shower with their bathroom door open. Not a drama, however the night receptionist didn't know how to turn it off, so we had to endure 30 mins of fire alarm whilst trying to get back to sleep. Overal an average hotel. Get the painters, decorators, tilers and plasters in, that way the hotel can charges its rates for a quality hotel. It isn't up to that standard now, but charges the rates. Glad I didn't have to pay!

• Stayed June 2012
Lincolnshire, England
Reviewed 13 June 2012

Stayed here for just one night but enjoyed the stay very much. Room was a good size and very clean. Slightly musty smell in corridors, suspect it hasn;t been refurbished since the smoking ban! Very nice large lounge areas. Staff all very helpful. Both restaurant and bar nmeals available, nice to have the choice to be a bit more relaxed when eating (had been eating in hotel restaurants all week). Breakfast was a bit iffy, a crowd from a coach all descended at the same time and only 2 members of staff to cope. But food was OK.
Swimming pool/Spa was very nice, one of the best I've come across in hotels.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back of the hotel as there is a very busy road to the front which can be heard...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aldershot
Premier Inn Aldershot Hotel
Premier Inn Farnborough West (Southwood) Hotel
Falcon Hotel
Falcon Hotel
#7 of 7 in Farnborough

Been to Potters International Hotel? Share your experiences!