“Past it's sell by date” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Potters International Hotel

Potters International Hotel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Aldershot
London, United Kingdom
“Past it's sell by date”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014

I've stayed at potters international on business several times over the years, but I'm afraid this will be the last. It has been going downhill for many years, with a lack of investment. I can say my room was clean and the staff were friendly enough, breakfast was adequate. Those that had dinner the night before tell me it was poor.

The lack of investment is shown in the general wear, to an unacceptable level. Thread bare carpets on the stairs, and general lack of maintenance. Check out my pictures for more information.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Leicester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

I booked a room believing this was a dog friendly hotel.
Driving down from Leicester I received a call telling me that they weren't a dog friendly hotel.
There was no mention of the dog policy on there website and I had stated I had a dog on the booking.
Why then after they cancelled the room do they still charge me?
Would never deal with this company again.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Martin T

Travellers are raving about these Aldershot hotels

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

We stayed sat 8th for one night, can't say anything bad about the hotel, staff was very polite and helpful, the hotel was lovely and quiet, the room was lovely and clean. We would defently go back again. Lovely hotel x

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Oxford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2014

We stayed at potters as part of a family group in January 2014

After reading reviews here we had a good idea of what to expect, however as the location of the event and deciding that it couldnt be that bad we decided to book.

James on reception was very welcoming and throughout the whole weekend had a smiley and happy attitude - unfortunately not all of the staff shared this warm personality.

The corridors do seem to have an old dusty kind of smell which really does make it feel as though its old!

The room was clean, very very hot. We seemed to be staying just about the breakfast room and possibly a kitchen and although the radiators were off the whole time it was unbelievably hot in the room (coming from a house where the heating is normally on 23 as well)

we spent the night with the window open and it was very quiet. The beds are nothing special and seemed to get harder the further away from the TV you are!
The bathroom also had a botched ceiling where there had probably been a leak before which doesnt look great with the prices they are charging!

Breakfast was disappointing - it was from 8 til 10 so we went at 9. There was nothing left and people queuing for fried eggs, and then they only served the queue and didnt bring more out after. Almost everything else had ran out and anyone after us would have had nothing at all, the staff didnt seem that bothered about it either!

overall disappointing but its the people and not the rooms that will make the stay here.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Sheffield, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2014

Do yourself a favour and leave well alone. The rooms are terribly decorated, outdated and filthy. I have stayed at potters for many years and spent many thousands of pounds here and have gradually seen the decline. I have finally been tipped over the edge by the room given to me on Tuesday the 28th january. It was supposed to be a double. It was a single room with a double bed squeezed in. The carpet was stained, the sheets smelled terrible and the bathroom wasnt usable. I forced the cancellation of the second night based on their terms as they had not supplied me with a suitable room and I threatened to just simply cancel all credit card payments. I couldnt claim the first night back but I didnt care and stayed in the car. If this hotel was say £25 to £30 per night inc breakfast then I would say yes, book it. But at £70-85, then go somewhere else. It will ruin your hotel stay.

One word - Disgusting.

Room Tip: Book another hotel.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Lakesidesales, Director of Sales at Potters International Hotel, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
Dear Guest,
Firstly please accept our apologies if you feel we fell short of your expectations. As you have mentioned you have stayed with us for several years, so I find it difficult to see that you have not seen the enhancements we have been adding such as a new Free Wireless System, LCD TV, New Menus without a price increase.

As a budget hotel we have a fine balance of rate against product, which judging by occupancy we have managed satisfy the majority of guests. Whilst I accept we are unable to please everyone, the one comment we get time and time again is that we may be an older property which is reflected in our rates, but the hotel is always very clean.

I understand from our reception team that the reason you were allocated this room on this occasion was it was the last double room available in the hotel. I also understand that as you a known long staying guest you are normally upgraded complimentary to one of our king rooms.

I do have to say I feel your comments harsh and unjust.
Exeter, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2013

On arrival i was greeted by a young girl very friendly and welcoming.
Went up to room, all seemed ok. Ordered food, Chap behind the bar kinda shouted that the chef wasnt in yet which wasnt a problem to me at all, all i wanted to no was what time food was being served from and wish i hadnt bothered. When i did get the food. it wasnt worth the value paid lets say that, there was more fat than gamon on my plate. Then the car dmachine didnt work, we had to go to reception to sort this out and she reminded the bar man that it hasnt worked for ages. Strange set up.. I go back to my room - and tv doesnt work - no channels stored, couldnt get hold of reception and to be honest there is nothing they could do - i checked the wires behind the tv and everything was plugged in fine. just no channels stored in the memory - I did even try to find channels and nothing was found. so a very quiet evening for me.

I did read the reviews before booking here but gave it the benefit of the doubt as everyone has there own opinions - go with the majority here, everything is farely dated but nothign seems to work.

forgot to mention the dripping shower head - firmly turned off, havent even had a shower and still dripping, going to be a long night with no tv and drippy showerhead.

Room Tip: Dont choose a room on 1st floor if given choice
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank L3MAR
Essex, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2013

This is one of the poorest hotels that I have ever had to stay at. I get the impression that due to several large companies simply having this hotel on their list of approved hotels, that the hotel is just sitting on its laurels and not spending any money on improving this hotel at all.
The room was large but it just felt old - everything in the hotel actually felt old from the worn carpets throughout the hotel to the old doors.
The worst part however had to be breakfast. I usually have a good appetite but it was a hot plate that consisted of hard, burnt bacon, fried eggs which had been on the hot plate too long, and even brown and red sauce which had congealed - the was one of the worst breakfasts that I have ever seen. It was so unappetising that I decided that the only safe things to eat were those that came in boxes, so simply had a bowl of Special K.

I don't believe that this hotel deserves to have any contracts with any companies, or be on any approved list. It is a rip off to charge £88 per room for such dire quality. Why would anyone stay here when they could book into one of the new hotels in Aldershot such as the Premier Inn?

The management of this hotel need to seriously review what they are offering guests. It seems to be a desperately old hotel in need of a complete refurbishment and a change of breakfast chef - no one should be served such dreadful food.

Room Tip: Anywhere near reception - some rooms are a very long walk from reception and the dining room
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aldershot
Premier Inn Aldershot Hotel
Village Hotel Farnborough
Village Hotel Farnborough
#4 of 8 in Farnborough
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,196 reviews

Been to Potters International Hotel? Share your experiences!