“Chaos”

Price range: US$13 - US$26
Cuisines: Nepalese
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Here at nameste Johney Gurkhas we try to provide you with excellent service as much as we can and fulfil your satisfaction with plenty of choices for all kinds of people. We like engage with our customers and get to know them more so we can always provide them with the service they want and need from us. So whenever you like , please do visit this family friendly restaurant suitable for bookings , birthday partys , just a eat out or a romantic and currylicious dinner for 2 and please let us know more about how you felt dining in our restaurant and share your experience with us.
Reviewed 8 April 2014

I went with a group of friends and we had pre-ordered. When the food came out, it was total chaos. They brought two of some dishes and forgotten others. I did not receive my meal and was asked what I had ordered. When I said chicken tikka masala, I was given chicken korma and told that it was tikka masala! I explained I knew the difference, he said he was cheating as they had a korma left. I ate it and whilst it was nice, it wasn't what I had ordered and I didn't like being treated as an idiot.
However I didn't want to make a fuss in front of my group.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

Great good; big menu - love the large bottle of Nepali beer. Relatively small place but we have been able to get seated every time; they have an upstairs that can be quieter for larger parties.

Love their chicken dishes because they are never dried out and quite succulent.

1  Thank Sunil-DC
Reviewed 5 February 2014 via mobile

Pine clad restaurant that hasn't changed since the 1970's. Anyway was told the food is great so went along for a company do. The starter lambs liver dish was actually chicken after clarifying with the waiters who were clueless. This dish was nothing special. The mains were dissapointing. One of the chicken dishes had very chewy chicken! Overhyped place. If you want to compare food, compare with Mekka Hut in Reading for example. You will taste the difference in quality and flavours

Reviewed 29 January 2014

We had the Lamb Pasada, Special Rice and Garlic Naan which was just fantastic and would absolutely recommend and will certainly be visiting again.
They provide complimentary snack whilst waiting for your dishes which we thought was lovely.
The service however was quite slow considering the restaurant wasn't at all full so you do need to take initiative and go to pay at the bar or you'll be waiting all night!
The decor is a bit outdated but they have some nice new tables in one side of the restaurant so perhaps they are starting to make some changes.
Please don't be put off by the exterior, the restaurant is downstairs and we will most definitely be visiting again.

Reviewed 6 January 2014

Looks a bit dingy from the outside, but the restaurant is downstairs. Food is excellent. Momo starter are very tasty pork parcels.

1  Thank Stuart W