All reviewstower roomgarden suitejoan jackconverted churchfresh berriesold churchwonderful hospitalityhot water bottleslarge tableon arrivalfull englishhome from homethe main housewarm welcomeno hesitation in recommendingcould not have been moregreat attention to detail
Reviewed 17 January 2014

St Mary's Hall is a gem of a B&B! I needed a place to stay near Chawton, as I was visiting Jane Austen's Cottage. It only took me 5 minutes to travel each day, and Joan and Jack let me take my luggage around early, before I went to visit Chawton in the morning. The room in the tower was remarkable with a lovely atmosphere. The bed was so comfortable that I didn't want to get up. Joan and Jack had thought of everything to include in the bedroom and bathroom, so I needn't of packed quite as many cosmetics. All the facilities were immaculate. Parking was easy, and Jack even scraped my car clear of ice. The breakfast was really tasty, and the choice was excellent. Joan and Jack are great hosts, and I will be visiting again when next in the area.

Room Tip: The Tower Room was great, and I am sure all rooms will be just as perfect.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
5  Thank REL3003
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Excellent 3 night stay in the ensuite room in the grounds. Super comfort with a bathroom which truly works. Breakfasts to die for and Jack even seen scraping the ice off my car.
100% positive recommendation.
Tom and Dee Seabrook 28-30 December 2013

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank seabrook2014
Reviewed 16 December 2013

We stayed here for one night in the Tower room. A very pretty and comfortable room with a really smart up to date bathroom. Breakfast was excellent - great quality ingredients perfectly cooked. Joan and Jack could not have been more hospitable or helpful. Strongly recommended.
We visited Jane Austen's house nearby which was very interesting.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alkaso
Reviewed 15 December 2013

I stayed here again last night. It was short notice. As usual Joan and Jack were the ideal hosts. Lovely smart room. Great facilities. The shower room is pure luxury, so trendy. Breakfast as usual is the highlight. Guests sit together round the table. Great way to meet new people
If you are staying in Alton and are fortunate enough to stay here you won't want to stay anywhere else in Alton. Thanks Joan and Jack. See you both soon!

Room Tip: All rooms lovely.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank IonaBeds
Reviewed 10 December 2013

We slept in the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in; better than our own! Real 5 star accommodation. Look no further if you need a B&B in Hampshire! However, you will not want to leave, so treat yourselves to more than one night.

Room Tip: Garden Suite was very peaceful, and had the stunning bed, though I believe all the beds are similar high quality.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends