“Fantastic food and service”
Review of Rose and Crown

Rose and Crown
Ranked #5 of 67 Restaurants in Alton
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Under new ownership and management from December 2017, this beautiful, historic 18th century pub in a quintessentially English village nestled in the South Downs National Park has under-gone months of sympathetic refurbishment. Whether you’re popping in for a pint after a long walk to sit by the fire or celebrating in our restaurant with a delicious three course meal, we look forward to welcoming you soon.
Reviewed 31 January 2018

We enjoyed a fantastic meal here with friends last Saturday. A lovely ambience, the refurbishment looks great, friendly staff and the food was plentiful, beautifully cooked and well presented. The service was excellent, we look forward to returning!

2  Thank Tracey M
Caroline P, Manager at Rose and Crown, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2018

Hi Tracey M

Many thanks for your lovely review. We are delighted that you and your friends enjoyed your meal here last Saturday and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 30 January 2018

I had the salmon which was cooked to perfection and my friend had the vegetarian option of a winter salad, which looked absolutely amazing. The revamped bar is incredible and the atmosphere was warm and welcoming. I’ve just read a review about Sunday lunches, so that will be our next foray!!

1  Thank Pollilop

Hi Pollilop

Thank you for your lovely review. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent visit and look forward to welcoming you on a Sunday for a roast dinner very soon!

Reviewed 29 January 2018

r
Roaring log fire on a miserable wet day. Cosy, friendly a real pub. Service excellent, and the food WOW... beautifully cooked and was delicious. Highly recommended . Good for walkers a perfect stop off to help you on your way. Dog friendly a bonus.

1  Thank JuneHampshire

Hi JuneHampshire

Thank you very much for your kind review.

We have worked hard to create a warm, cosy atmosphere after our lengthy refurbishment and are delighted you enjoyed a spot by our fire to have a meal after your walk. We hope to welcome you again soon.

Best wishes.

Reviewed 28 January 2018 via mobile

We have had several meals at the Rose & Crown now and all have been superb.
Lovely roast beef with proper Yorkshire pud and roast potatoes, a very nice steak with excellent chips.
Andy & Caroline and staff are making this pub into a firm favourite again after years in the darkness.
The whole building has had a sympathetic make over and it feels just right .
Good beers on tap too, well done all.

3  Thank lurcher
Caroline P, Manager at Rose and Crown, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2018

Hi Lurcher

Many thanks for your lovely review.

We are delighted to hear that The Rose & Crown has once again become a firm favourite of yours and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 27 January 2018 via mobile

My husband and I had such a special evening here last night. The pub was buzzing, and couldn’t have been more cosy with the fire burning, gorgeous decor and friendly staff. Food was sensational! We had scallops and wood pigeon to start. Delicious. My husband enjoyed the pork belly and I loved the duck with red cabbage. My highlight was the incredible lavender creme brûlée, I don’t think I’ve ever eaten something so delicious! My husband loved the generous cheese board. The staff couldn’t have done more to make us feel welcome. The wine was very reasonable and very good. I loved the gin bar! We will be back again very soon.

2  Thank AsiaTraveller3

Hi AsiaTraveller3

Many thanks for your wonderful review.

I am delighted to hear you loved the lavender creme brulee, we have had many compliments about it in the last two weeks since the kitchen opened.

We hope when you next get a baby sitter we will see you again very soon.