“Great time at The Swan”
Review of Swan Hotel

Swan Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Alton
Reviewed 23 May 2014

I had a great time at the swan, from the lovely reception staff, the friendly bar staff I could not find a fault.
Good food, good drink, good prices!
I would definitely reccomend the swan hotel as we stayed for several nights and every day was brilliant. The staff at The Swan looked after us well, especially Antony and Peter.
The check in was very efficient and very friendly, Michelle is a credit to the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank George F
OEIGK, Guest Relations Manager at Swan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Thank you for taking the opportunity to leave you thoughts regarding your recent stay. We're really glad to hear that you had a great time with us, Hopefully see you again soon.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Stayed for the weekend, in a lovely four poster room. The staff were friendly and helpful, especially Harriet.

Room was clean and tidy with a comfy bed.

Had dinner one evening and the food was lovely and waiting staff very efficient.

Location was central to Alton, and there are lots of things to do in the area.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
OEIGK, Guest Relations Manager at Swan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Thank you for taking the opportunity to leave you thoughts regarding your recent stay. We're really glad to hear that you had a great time with us.

Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

I visited the hotel for one night. The check in was good, the staff efficient and friendly. Unfortunately when I got in the room I found the bathroom unclean and the toilet so bad I could not use it. I went downstairs and the manager could not apologise enough and moved me to another room. Unfortunately the bathroom was also unclean. Later on in the evening I dined with a colleague, the manager again came and apologised and gave us a discount off our bill. Unfortunately an hour after going to sleep 2 drunk men returned to the room next door, making a lot of noise. After some time I called reception and they asked them to quieten down, unfortunately this made it worse with the banging on my wall and shouting abuse. This made my night extremely uncomfortable.

It is with a heavy heart that I mark this hotel down, mainly due to cleanliness and the thin walls. I would recommend the restaurant thought as this was great and all the staff were amazing.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
OEIGK, Guest Relations Manager at Swan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2014

Thanks very much for your review. We're sorry it was spoilt for you but it was lovely to hear your very kind comments about the team at The Swan

Reviewed 10 May 2014

I recently visited the restaurant for a meal with friends, and can only say that the service was diabolical. Although the restaurant was only 25% full and at least 2 waiting staff, once we had had our main meal we were never approached by the staff to see if we required more drinks, a dessert or coffee. We waited over 45 minutes to see if there was a response from the staff who were more interested in setting the empty tables for breakfast service than seeing to thier guests.
On many occassions we tried to attract the disappearing staff's attention but to no avail. So I say once again Why eat here?

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Diane W

We disappointed to read that you were not satisfied with the service you received in our restaurant. We have recently had a team meeting where your thoughts and observations were discussed and have worked hard to respond with a higher level of service.

Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

We come into the hotel tonight to have some dinner, after a few minutes of the staff in the restaurant standing with there backs to us we went and choose ourselves a seat, after getting comfortable we had to call someone over to get the menus, we ordered our starters and mains and a meal for my daughter and asked for it to come out at same time as the starters, me and my partner received ours and after the staff asking 'can I get anything else' I replied yes please my daughters meal, in my eyes kids should always be fed first, a member of staff after a good 5 minutes returned to our table and said sorry they have a problem with the fryer. ..... fine things go wrong but why bring the other meals out leaving a child without food????? Our mains were far from nice and not at all what was described on the menu, we originally ordered puddings at the start but the waiting time between courses was unbelievable and you could visibly see the stress on the staffs faces so opted to just leave, we all agreed that the food has gone downhill somewhat and probably won't return again

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Michelle H

We appreciate you taking the time to leave your thoughts and look at what we can change to alleviate these things from happening in the future.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

Basic bit staff very friendly, bedroom clean and value for money. We really had a lovely stay. In the town so had a walk around

Bar a bit too busy but nice people and for £55 what can you expect. Breakfast good. All in all good value for money. Near Jane Austen house which is a bonus.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank sgreen3

It's lovely to hear that the team looked after you during your time at the Swan.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

I stayed for 1 night on business. The staff were friendly and helpful. Service was good. The room was quiet, spacious and clean. Comfy and well equipped. However I didn't find the rest of the hotel very clean. The ladies toilets near the bar were in a poor state and at breakfast I could see that the carpet hadn't been vacummed after last night's dinner service. Breakfast was cooked fresh and very good. I should have said about the cleaning during my stay but didn't have time.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank DrJElla
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alton
Alton House Hotel
The Swan Hotel
#1 of 1 in Alresford
Basingstoke Country Hotel & Spa
Mercure Farnham Bush Hotel

Been to Swan Hotel? Share your experiences!