“Super food, staff and location ”
Review of Mumbai Brasserie

Mumbai Brasserie
Ranked #39 of 133 Restaurants in Andover
Price range: US$13 - US$33
Description: The Mumbai Brasserie restaurant sits at the top of Andover High street, a contemporary, modern, bright Indian restaurant, serving authentic Indian cuisine in an relaxed and friendly atmosphere.
Reviewed 25 May 2018 via mobile

Best tandoori cooking I have experienced - and I have been testing out Indian cuisine for a good few years !

Reviewed 24 May 2018

I had a business meeting in Andover and on my way home I grabbed a takeaway to surprise my wife. I ordered Jalfrezi prawns for her (The size of them amazed me....never seen them so big) along with cauliflower veg and chicken Jalfrezi, rice Naan and what they called a Mumbai platter. All this along with the usual extras like papadums and dips.
I then spoke to the owner/manager and asked him why the Jalfrezi sauces were different (better) than my usual Indian and I learned that this place serves authentic INDIAN food as compared to most restaurants who serve Bangladeshi (indian) food.
Now....I don't normally venture far from my town of Maidenhead but if ever I am going to be in Andover again I will be feasting there.

Date of visit: May 2018
Thoughtful01, General Manager at Mumbai Brasserie, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2018

Dear Sir, We are exceptionally delighted to hear from your experience at Mumbai Brasserie Andover, Please try our other specialities & regional Curries with us, As here each Curry taste's unique in flavour, and we look forward to serving you soon.

Reviewed 6 May 2018 via mobile

2 people 3 courses
Regular curry eaters who have been dining together for 18 years all over the country indeed the world. When trying a new Indian for the first time we always order the same dishes so we have a good comparison

We where shown to our prebooked table quickly and found ourselves cramped and near the kitchen. Almost sat on top of our neighbouring table

Our drinks order was taken quite quickly and when we eventually made ourselves understood a bottle of wine and two glasses of water arrived quickly along with popadoms - beware of the dark red sauce on the unless you like liquidised sardines in tomato sauce

We where them given the menu which we had for quite a while before food our food order was taken.

The starters where ok the onion bhajii was actually the best part of the meal although presentation was basic.

I usually order a mushroom starter but found myself on the vegetable side dish menu as the only mushroom starter available was garlic mushrooms in a cream sauce. Had I been in a French restaurant this might have been an acceptable choice. A slimy and parsley ridden mushroom bhajii arrived.

The two mains a madras and a dhansak arrived fast insipid bland food with no real flavour and definitely no heat.
The dhansak was so bland it would have been hard to know you where eating Indian food as opposed to a supermarket stew ready meal.

This would have been brought to someone’s attention but although the service up to this point had been almost annoyingly American in its speed. We had pretty much finished before we saw anyone again.

Having brought the dhansak to attention of the manager he told me they had ‘never had a complaint about the food’ he went to talk to the ‘cook’ and came back saying they had checked the ready made sauce for dhansak in the kitchen and it tasted as it should’

Not an acceptable response - there are plenty of Indian restaurants in Andover, do yourself a favour and go to another one if you are used to food with flavour.

2  Thank R2343VZjamesg
Reviewed 4 May 2018 via mobile

Booked a table at this restaurant and as soon as we walk through the door we were met with fantastic greeting buy all the stuff and made to feel real welcome the food is second to none and out of this world and the service is fantastic polite happy and well presented staff

Reviewed 26 April 2018

I had the pleasure of taking my parents to this restaurant earlier this week and I have to say I was really impressed with the quality of the food, it was outstanding in taste and presentation (compliments to the chef). The staff were so helpful in answering any questions and nothing was too much trouble and they were so professional and friendly.
Will definitely be coming back again! Thank you for a lovely meal

Date of visit: April 2018
1  Thank stephaniefabulou2017
Thoughtful01, Manager at Mumbai Brasserie, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2018

We are delight to hear from you, thank you and we look forward to seeing you again.