“A great place for a relaxing night out and excellent food.”
Review of Zippers - CLOSED

Price range: US$16 - US$33
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating
Andover, United Kingdom
“A great place for a relaxing night out and excellent food.”
Reviewed 4 January 2012

This restaurant is now called villagio! The food was excellent, the service was excellent, the staff are very friendly and the overall atmosphere is relaxed and informal, just the way i like it. I would highly recommend it.

Visited January 2012

Andover, United Kingdom
“Great service, delicious food, ideal for family”
Reviewed 17 December 2011

This has been renamed Villagio, and the menu has been tweaked to be a little more Italian.

We went with children and grandparents (quite fussy eaters). The service was absolutely excellent for family eating, the staff being particularly friendly making the kids feel at ease. The wine list was good and very reasonable (£13 for Pinot Grigio). All the food was really well cooked. One of the best dishes was a Caesar Salad, which is usually a disappointment in the UK but this was really nice, especially for mid-winter. The pizzas were great - very thin and crispy, and the lasagne was very nice too.

The puddings were a real highlight, the cheesecake of the week was lovely - Lemon and Marscapone. The only thing we noted was that the espresso coffee was a little bitter ("bien serré" as they say in France). But overall we went home very happy, and will come back both with the family and by ourselves.

• Visited December 2011
Winchester, United Kingdom
“ANNOYINGLY NOISY”
Reviewed 19 October 2011

Even though the place was nearly empty, the acoustic is such that it felt very noisy, and somehow charmless, despite the classical building. I suppose that's due, in part, to the lousy flooring (veneer boards, I think) that make every step click and clack. There was a very tiresome waiter who kept , between fag breaks, showing off and performing, which became distracting...not in a good way. HIs poor quality shoes added extra noise to the whole experience. Rubber soles de rigeur for the staff here.

Food was nice - really crisp calamari, and staff certainly friendly. Some sound-absorbing ceiling tiles might be in order.

• Visited October 2011
Andover, United Kingdom
“Really lovely place for a long meal with friends.”
Reviewed 19 September 2011

I have been to Zippers (now known as Villagio) numerous times and always take anyone I have visiting because the food is always great and I love the decor and atmosphere. The service can be a little slow but I generally like to go out for leisurely meals anyway so it isn't something that concerns me. If you have to speed things up it isn't difficult to catch someone's eye.

The wine selection is great and the menu is varied enough to find something whatever mood I am in. One of my favourites though is the calamari starter. It is delicious.

I decided to write this review because I saw that there were only three and were a little muted. I love this place and everyone I have taken with me has had a great time and a great meal. I highly recommend it.

• Visited August 2011
UK
“Service not the quickest but brilliant food”
Reviewed 1 August 2011

We went on a Sunday with three kids and four adults. I'd been once before in the evening as a couple and the food was OK but not really worth shouting about. This time, it was differen : the service was excellent, if sometimes a little on the slow side (particularly getting drinks out on a hot day). But the food was the revelation. We had 3x kids meals, 2 salads, a risotto and a pizza. All the food wasn't just OK, it was really very good indeed. The pizza base was very, very good and crispy, bery much like pizzas we've had in France. My widws salad was excellent, and the other rmembers of the party were also happy. We will try to come more often.

• Visited July 2011