“Went for the BTCC”

Thruxton Motorsport Centre
Ranked #3 of 20 things to do in Andover
More attraction details
Owner description: Thruxton Motorsport Centre offers visitors the chance to drive their dream cars on the UK's fastest race circuit plus we have an outdoor Kart Centre, Skid Pan driving facility and 4x4 Off Road driving Track. We also host the UK's premier race meetings including British Touring Cars and British Superbikes, British Trucks and many more inbetween.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Went for the BTCC”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Great atmosphere, getting in and out on Saturday and getting in on Sunday were no problem at all, staff were very helpful. Food was the sort of price you'd expect- £4-5 for a burger, nothing to stop you bringing your own food. Main downside was getting out on Sunday- suddenly the staff who'd been oh so helpful that morning became useless and just stood there as three queues of cars tried to go into one lane. Took over an hour to get on the road. And I don't see why they need to charge extra for the paddock entry when other circuits don't and their ticket prices are the same.

12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Fantastic Day Out, Tad Expensive”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Had two track day experiences at Thruxton, both very good and extremely fun. The single seaters are by far the best part of the day so make sure to choose an experience that includes these. Although great fun the experiences are quite expensive for the limited time you have out on the track.

Visited August 2013
Oxford, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Dont waste your time”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I would advise anyone thinking of buying a 'experience' at thruxton to take their money to other tracks that provide better experiences or save it and hire a fast car for the weekend. My 'experience' did not start too badly, the gentlemen to accompanied me in the Porsche Caymen was very pleasant, and let me loose abit. On the card supplied for the instructors to provide comments on, he wrote 'fast'. When I moved over to the Aventador, and had the unfortunate pleasure of meeting the 'instructor' for that he, was immediately condescending and patronising, 'pfft fast I think I'll be the judge of that' At no point the the 3 LAPS! was I allowed to go past 5000rpm constantly being dictated when to change gear. I changed gear apparently at the wrong time which was followed by, swearing from the instructor in my direction, great £400 for this! Did not 'experience full throttle at any point without ear ache, so after your whole 3 laps, you have paid £400 to 'tootle' around the track without experiencing one of the fastest cars in the world properly! At the end I was given I pep talk by 'yoda' explaining how he just wanted me to gain some of his skills! What an absolute ego maniac, even if this was the case in 3 laps no one is going to be a master around the track, stop dictating and let people enjoy the experience how they see fit! (£400)

Visited April 2014
6 Thank AL9046
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“BTCC”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Our first BTCC event and loved it, the food at the event was massively over priced, but that's normal for these sort of events, Thruxton Motorsport center itself was excellent, a great weekend.
We paid the extra £7 for the paddock passes, worth every penny :)

1 Thank Seananddebbie
124 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 105 helpful votes
“BTCC”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We have Just returned from a busy bank holiday weekend, Sunday of which was spent at Thruxton for the BTCC.
It was well worth an extra £10 for a Paddock pass, this aloud you To see The cars being worked on, And the drivers!! It was also a quieter place To get some lunch!!
We were silly And didn't bring food. It cost us a fortune To eat breakfast And lunch, ice-creams And drinks!!
We also didn't bring cash, a big mistake as the card readers were having problems getting a signal. We did manage to get cash back at a couple of places though.
The track layout itself made it hard To watch the whole race. Unless you sat by one of The 2 large screens.