“Even better than last time”
Review of Siam Orchid

Siam Orchid
Ranked #1 of 122 Restaurants in Andover
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Tel: 01264 350192
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Not been here for a while so read some good reviews on here so off we went. Food was really nice and full of flavour. We wanted to try lots of different things so we asked for smaller portions and tried the eat all you can menu. For a eat all you can menu the food was very good, still had the fresh full of flavour taste unlike most other similar places in the area. Was impressed so I will return!

2  Thank iainm281

Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

I live locally and have now visited the Siam a few times and all I can say is that the food gets better each time. I've travelled a lot and been to Thailand so I could tell you from first hand if the food was good.

The staff are lovely people and always welcome you with a smile and a handshake as I would now consider myself as a regular. Weekends I suggest you book but weekdays you can usually get a table without booking.

2  Thank Kazzy15
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Having read the great reviews, I thought we should try this restaurant, and had a take away. A good start as they offered 10% off orders over £10 and a free Thai beer as well for orders over £25. When I went in to collect order, I thought the restaurant looked fine, and the service was pleasant.
We were very disappointed in the food. The tempura vegetables were reasonable. Large serving and vegetables well cooked, but the batter was thick and stodgy, not light and thin as I would expect for tempura. The mixed vegetables in oyster sauce were fine. The stir fried scallops were actually fried in batter, which was a surprise, and then put in a sauce, which made the batter soggy and unpleasant - we ended up scraping it off, to eat the scallops, which were quite nice underneath. The sea bass was fried with its skin on, and had some bones in. Shame that our expectations from others reviews did not match the reality. A bit of attention to improving the food would be well worth it for this restaurant.

1  Thank Juliette W
Reviewed 25 June 2014

In Andover for work and found this gem of a place - thanks, Tripadvisor! Easily overlooked in its car-park location, but well worth seeking out. The sort of restaurant that everyone would like to have nearby: friendly, great food, some novel and fun touches, nice people and reasonable prices. Every town should have one!

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Located in a quirky building the food has little to add to that initial charm. It is the same tired menu as most Thai restaurants and the standard of food does not set it apart

2  Thank Andy P