“Last minute meal”

The Chestnut Tree
Ranked #32 of 124 Restaurants in Andover
Price range: US$6 - US$11
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A great local pub with a warm and friendly atmosphere. Food served daily from 12noon until 9pm from an extensive menu. Great real ales and a selection of wines and spirits. Sports viewing area and a large garden makes this a great all round pub.
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Following a day out arrived at Chestnut Tree just as food was due to cease being served - order was willingly taken and food delivered without undue delay. The meals were freshly cooked, the plates were hot and the quality could not be faulted. What's more, the price was very reasonable. Having used this pub restaurant on many occasions over the past 3 months, we have always been very satisfied with the food and standard of cask ales.

Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

Last minute meal with family. Waiting staff friendly enough, one of our party had a steak which was unedable I returned it to the bar and the lady who seemed to be in-charge was unfriendly and not very polite didn't apologise for the bad meal just asked what I wanted? No complimentary drink dessert or even the refund on the steak dish, won't go back again and my advise is to try somewhere else!

2  Thank jane1Somerset
Reviewed 6 May 2014

The food and drink is very reasonable, they do some great food with a drink deals. I have been going for many years and always been happy. A word of warning, if you have a coke then don't expect a full glass as they give pre-measured dispenses and wont top up, leaving you feeling a bit cheated. *** Greene King take note ***

Reviewed 21 April 2014

We visited today I phoned about half hour before to check if they were busy got a polite answer of no were not busy but booked us a table anyway
We both ordered mixed grill rare and medium rare (both as expected)
For the price we weren't expecting much well ...............I have to say this was 1 off best mixed grill we had both had my steak was perfect rare steak thick and succulent my partners was medium rare and as she said easy to eat yum
Then we had pudding
I was a bit of a little kid and had cookie dough volcano omg yum yum
Dawn had lemon meringue pie yum 2

Nice friendly staff nice clean pub with nice atmosphere we will definitely be back

1  Thank Mandie-jane A
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

We used to come here regularly with friends but both the service and food has seemed to go down hill. The last time we went here (which will stay our last!) we had a platter to start, they wouldn't swap chicken wings for something with no bones despite always doing that for us stating that the nuggets cost more than the wings. Then they brought the platter out with the wrong items on it essentially saying it was tough and they didn't have anything else. Our two mains were luke warm and tasteless. We won't bother again which is a shame as it was relatively good food at good prices with a good service.