“Does what the name says”
Review of Mumbai Thai. - CLOSED

Mumbai Thai.
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 2 January 2014

We ate here on New Year's Eve as a family. The place was busy and had a good atmosphere.
As the name suggests there are two parts to the menu: Indian and Thai food and you can mix and match as you like. Most of up us had Thai and all the dishes were very good but I especially liked the yellow curry.
Would definitely go again

Reviewed 30 December 2013 via mobile

Went for friend's birthday - over rated and not comfortable. Bland food - service ok. Will be going back to the Light of Asia in future which is much better if you want fantastic food.

Reviewed 10 December 2013

Second time dining here, although the first was quite sometime ago...

On my first visit I was impressed with the quality of food in a place that serves both Thai and Indian.

On this visit the food itself was again pretty good although the wait we had was terrible. Over an hour for the starters and again over an hour for the main course. Several of the dishes were barley warm.

The restaurant was full on this night however it was a set menu for Christmas, which is there to ensure good services during such busy times. Only towards the end did the staff start to talk to us to explain and after complaining I think to the manager he was apologetic at least.

I'd be willing to visit again but unfortunately on this visit we were very disappointed.

Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

I visited Mumbai Thai with a few of my girl friends and we had an amazing time! It's a beautiful modern restaurant with a great warm atmosphere. Attentive friendly staff, amazing food, great portion sizes served in good time - not too quickly and not late. We ordered a mixture of Indian and Thai dishes for starters and main. We had dessert and coffee and then more drinks as we didn't feel like we were being hurried out, we throughly enjoyed our night and will definitely be going back! I would recommend you try a mixture of Indian and Thai.

1  Thank TameraLewis
Reviewed 10 November 2013

This used to be an Italian restaurant when I first came to Andover but sadly that closed and it became "yet another" Indian restaurant, although this also serves Thai food. I have never eaten Thai here but I can truly say that I find the Indian food here to be the best in Andover.
The place is bigger than it looks from outside and includes an upstairs seating area but I find the atmosphere better downstairs. The staff are attentive and helpful and as I said the food is excellent.
It does attract a lot of young (often noisy) groups especially at the weekend but usually they are no trouble.
Give it a try and you wont be disapointed.