“Nota at all bad for a Chain Hotel!”

Premier Inn Andover Hotel
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Andover
Ivybridge, United Kingdom
“Nota at all bad for a Chain Hotel!”
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Convenient, efficient standard of operation, always get what you expect. Good nights sleep as advertised, very clean and quiet. Brewrs Fayre next door good with nice atmosphere. Breakfast good selection and nicely cooked. Waiting service very good both evening and breakfast.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Bideford
Reviewed 16 November 2013

we stayed at this premier inn on the 2nd of November and could not fault it in any way except some very inconsiderate guests arrived at 4 am and were constantly noisy (running up and down corridors and banging) until 8 am .
This ruined our stay but was not the fault of the Inn and premier Inn did refund our money because of it without any fuss whatsoever .

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Wirral, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 November 2013 via mobile

Having stayed at many Premier Inns over the past number of years , this has to be the worst stay to date for a number of reasons. Room extremely hot , noise levels on second night stay was not good ( sounded like a party was going on in and around reception after 11pm and the attached pub/ restaurant was very poor for a brewers fayre ( no buffet food out, long ques awaiting food) felt like scavengers awaiting last scraps of food !. Breakfast was served in soup bowls and coffee in paper cups etc I could go on but the review would go on for ever.BUT the biggest concern is the fact that I have put this in an e mail to premier inn to give them the chance to reply but still nothing even though I sent the mail to there guest relations dept and the " talk to us" email address' Very Very poor customer service from Premier Inn.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Andover Hotel, responded to this review, 12 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. At Premier Inn we strive to provide our guests with a high level of service and I do apologise that on this occasion we have failed to provide this. We have responded to your email and we will ensure these matters are fully resolved. Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. Thank you.
Canterbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Clean and comfortable only downside was noise from occupants upstairs running across the floor late at night but we slept well which is the main thing on an overnight stay on long Journey home. The breakfast was as usual an excellent choice and at this one had a buffet. The shower soap was empty which was a problem as we had only taken the bare essentials for the night but used the hand soap dispenser instead. As it overlooks McDonalds and Scats and they are building another unit opposite there was general car noise.

Room Tip: Ask for room at the back the Traffic noise and horn hooting from McDonalds may be a problem if you h...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Daventry
Reviewed 2 November 2013

I am normally a big fan of Premiere Inns as you normally get the same standard of quality across the chain but I suppose there is always the chance of one bad apple ruining the reputation.
I took my wife and daughter down to the region for a short break for Longleat and Peppa Pig World so thought Andover would be a good stopping point.
We got there after 2 and was told that our room wasn’t ready as they were understaffed and could we go into the adjoining bar and wait until it was cleaned, after half an hour we were told that it was ready, room ok but when I checked the towels found that there were only 2 between the 3 of us I went to ask the cleaner if we could have another one, she said she would see what she could do but she never got back to us.
Had something to eat in the attached restaurant but left mine as the signature beef and ale pie was full of lumps of fat, my daughters favourite dish of macaroni cheese was left as she said it was too hard, as the restaurant was busy we felt we were under pressure to vacate the table as the waitress kept on asking if we wanted something else so we took our drinks and went and sat in our room at 6.30. As there is a 24 hour McDonalds drive through next to the hotel we were kept up most of the night with the local youths seeing who could wake the most with their big bore exhausts.
The next morning we ate in the restaurant but for the buffet there was hardly any food being replenished with people queuing up so whenever it was replaced it was taken immediately, gave up in the end and just had toast. Went to reception to see why I had only been given a receipt for one night and the receptionist told me that was all I was booked in for, when I explained that I had paid for three, I was told that nothing could be found on the system so I had to go back to my room and find the details on my phone to show her.
After a day at Peppa Pig World we came back to a very curt older receptionist who told me that I had booked 3 days separately and it had caused her more work than if I had just booked a 3 day block, my wife couldn’t believe the way she spoke to me and said I should of asked for her name to put in a complaint. When we got back to the room, the beds had been made but the glasses from the night before and the room mugs were still on the side unchanged and the coffee/tea hadn’t been replenished. Still only 2 towels.
When we got into the restaurant at 5 we were met with a stroppy member of the team who after we explained that we didn’t have a reservation went off in a huff to see if she could find a table, when she returned I asked her why we needed a booking as it was empty, she replied with 2 words, burger night.
We were lucky enough to be seated next to the buffet as we could witness the explosion of all the local fatties descending on the restaurant and stuffing themselves with as many hotdogs and burgers they could get down their throats. One large family next to us was quite impressive as dad managed 6 monster plates of burgers and kept on encouraging his 2 obese offspring to eat more and get their monies worth. As the average wait at the understaffed bar was 20 minutes, decided to get a bottle of wine and glasses and go to the room early again.
The noise of the drive through was complemented this night with someone in an adjoining room coughing all night so the walls must be quite thin.
Breakfast was the same as the day before, the buffet was constantly running out and demand outstripping supply. My £8.25 got me 4 cold sausages and a slice of bread. I booked a table for the evening meal as didn’t want to feel the wrath of the waitress again.
After an enjoyable day a Longleat we returned for our last night’s stay, needless to say the glass collection was still in the room and only 2 towels left, I went to the bar for a drink and only had to wait 20 minutes for service as the duty manager ignored me whilst talking to a colleague.
The lamb shank I had for dinner was luke warm and fatty so was left, the wife’s side order of baked potato came as chips and daughters side of peas also came as chips, although most was left waitress never asked if all was ok.
Retired to the room early again to look forward to another night of exhaust melodies but at least the cougher had moved on.
In the morning I tried to persuade my daughter to breakfast at McDonalds but she only likes bread and sausage so £8.25 again, new waitress this time and she insisted that I had to pay upfront, I wondered if this was because people were saying they didn’t want to pay as they didn’t actually get what they were promised? Went up 3 times but gave up in the end and had toast.
All in all I think that the problem lies with management, I have read from previous comments that the place is understaffed and this showed through as soon as we arrived. Listening to the staff talk amongst themselves you can tell that they are under constant pressure and this comes through with their attitude.
Happy work environment =happy staff = happy hotel = happy customers.
Not this one, won’t be returning.

Room Tip: Furthest away from McDonalds
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Mark C
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Andover Hotel, responded to this review, 8 November 2013
Thank you for your review. At Premier Inn it remains our main objective to provide guests with a comfortable stay and deliver a high level of service in all our establishments, both in our hotels and restaurants. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. Please email your booking details including your reservation number to talktous@premierinn.com and we will follow this up with the Management Team. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 October 2013

I booked this hotel in advance meaning we got a very good rate for a family of four. We just needed somewhere to sleep as we were stargazing. We checked in and staff seemed friendly we had a quick snack in the bar and then went straight out. The room was large and clean and had everything we needed, although the towels were a bit manky. The only significant issue with this hotel is that the rooms get very hot - although it was tolerable in October.
Breakfast at Premier Inn is great value for money with a buffet allowing you to eat what you want and unlimited supply of bread to make toast. Overall great seemed to be short of staff when we stayed which meant that on the second evening when we ate service was slow and staff seemed flustered - no doubt this will be sorted though

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed here many times. Always a pleasant welcome by name. Rooms are OK, clean and beds comfortable. Nice to have a bath as well as shower. Some rooms can be a bit noisy and its too hot in summer as no aircon

• Stayed October 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Andover
The Star & Garter
Quality Hotel Andover
#8 of 8 in Andover
Premier Inn Salisbury North Bishopdown Hotel
Holiday Inn Salisbury Stonehenge

Been to Premier Inn Andover Hotel? Share your experiences!