“Would stay again”

Premier Inn Andover Hotel
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Andover
“Would stay again”
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

Great location for Winchester and Stone Henge both of which we wanted to visit. 2 night stay for us. Very hot in the rooms due to this heat wave but 2 fans had been provided which helped. Good meals at Brewers Fayre and friendly helpful staff in hotel and restaurant. A great short break, we plan to stay again.

• Stayed July 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Lisbon, Portugal
Reviewed 21 July 2014

This hotel is quite convenient as i tis close to Stonehenge and have comfortable rooms. It has a MacDonald’s just across the street and is quite near the main road. The staff was nice and helpful, my wife had a skin rash and the staff directed us to the medical center nearby. The only thing to point out is that the cooling system was not working properly and it was too hot in the room

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
London
Reviewed 20 July 2014

This hotel is perfect for a stopover en route to Devon/ Cornwall. Although in the middle of a retail estate this did not detract form the quality of the stay. Room was sizeable and comfortable and the sleep was perfect. Fans were suppolied in the room. Hotel Staff throughout were friendly and helpful and the breakfast was of a high quality (Buffet0. This was the second time in recent years that we have stopped off at this hotel. My only ctiticism would be of the fixed shower head in the bathroom, a detachable unit would be better as my wife likes to wash her hair separate from taking a shower. Overall I'd rate this hotel 8 out 0f ten.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Horseworrier
windsor
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Exceeded all expectations after reading a few negative reviews, cannot understand how anyone could complain. We arrived on a very hot day to a lovely welcome on reception, and then be pleasantly surprised by finding two fans already working and cooling off our room. Perfect room, good size with every facility needed. Ate in Brewers Fayre that evening, delightful staff, good choice on menu, and reasonably priced. After a good nights sleep we had one of the best breakfasts I have had in a long time. Excellent choice, all well cooked and presented - I have stayed in many five star hotels around the world and not had such a good breakfast! Thank you Premier Inn for a great nights stay, we will return.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Hessle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I stayed here in July on business. I normally stay at Holiday Inn type places but this was the only hotel in the area within my price limit of £100 a night, for some reason. Even this Premier Inn, booking a week out, was £84 - way more than I normally pay at Premier Inn's.
I arrived about 8.30pm on a Monday evening and my room was ready. Given the heat the hotel had put two fans in my room prior to my arrival - one was already powered up and worked well. Though why Premier Inn's can't have air conditioning I don't know.
I immediately set about going to get dinner. I paid £22 for the meal deal which gives a starter, main, drink and breakfast. I have to say I think this is very good value for money.
I was seated within a few minutes, although that could have been quicker. Also, this hotel is attached to a Brewers Fayre and they have themed nights every day. Unfortunately the buffet closes at 9pm (full menu closes at 10pm) so menu it was for me.
Dinner was nice and I slept well afterwards.
Breakfast was as always at Premier Inn very good although again, I was stood around waiting to be seated for too long.
Overall then, a nice place. I don't often find myself in Andover but if I did return I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I asked for a low floor as I don't like lifts - this was honoured.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Cornwall
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Booked this hotel as stopover on the way home from holiday. What a mistake! Despite being advised of the 'good night' guarantee we were placed in a room backing on to the nearby Brewers Fair. In the evening there was a constant drone from the cooling system in the cellar. I asked how long this would go on for I was told...all night! I asked how anyone was supposed to sleep through this. The receptionist apologised and said this was an ongoing problem. We were moved to a room on the other side of the building only to be woken up by youngsters racing their cars outside...another problem the hotel were aware of. I did get my money back but I would certainly avoid this Premier Inn until they have sorted these issues.

Room Tip: Avoid room 4.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank MichaelCornwall
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Andover Hotel, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion our hotel did not meet your expectations. We are however, pleased to learn that you were refunded in line with our Good Night Guarantee. Your feedback is very much appreciated as it enables us to improve standards. Thank you once again for your review.
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

Last weekend we stayed at this hotel for one night. When we booked in they said we had booked the disabled room which had not but it didn't matter. The room was large and clean no problems there.
The problem was at night, we were on the ground floor next to reception. People outside smoking and talking till turned 2.30am. Then the security doors are heavy and slam shut. Every time someone came in the door creaked open and slammed shut. Then after finally getting a little sleep the McDonalds restraint opposite had a delivery at 6am on a Sunday morning.
This is a nice hotel if you don't need sleep.

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Tracey C
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Andover Hotel, responded to this review, 13 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. At Premier Inn we endeavour to ensure all our guests have a quiet stay in a comfortable environment and do apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. Please be assured your comments has been noted and will be followed up with the Management Team at our hotel. Your feedback is very much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Andover
The Star & Garter
Holiday Inn Salisbury Stonehenge
Esseborne Manor
Esseborne Manor
#1 of 1 in Hurstbourne Tarrant

Been to Premier Inn Andover Hotel? Share your experiences!