We chose the Four Seasons Hampshire as a 5 day layover from Asia to England, en route down to South England to visit family over Christmas. This happened during the big freeze of Winter 2010, and we couldn't have chosen a better place to take our respite from the long journey. Blessed with sprawling and beautiful grounds, the Four Seasons Hampshire emanates a calm that permeates the entire hotel. Everything was unflustered, well-managed, charming really. Of course the white winter we enjoyed and snowmen we got to build (the restaurant gamely provided carrots in a box for Frosty's nose to my 5 year old), wellingtons and winter jackets for loan, lovely fireplaces, and general festive feel all around augmented our contentedness, but really it was also the impeccably trained staff- from the housekeeping, to the front desk, to each restaurant, the library area and the doormen- that contributed to our comfort. They were attentive without being intrusive (a very difficult line for a lot of hospitality staff to master, it seems), and always had an air of professionalism and efficiency about them.
Service was amazing. Our daughter was offered upon check-in a free pick of a Christmas present from a box of toys, which delighted her. Upon arriving in Devon a few days later, we realized she had left it behind, much to her dismay. We called the hotel thinking we would drop by again to pick it up at a later date, but instead, they mailed the toy to our home in Asia for us!
Our room was spacious and warm, and the hotel itself had a kind of classic beauty that inspired a lot of photography over our few days there. The attention to detail was unmistakable - from the fresh flowers in the corridors, to the beautiful Christmas trees and tasteful decorations throughout. The games room was, albeit small, well used by us, as it was equipped with an xbox and ping pong table that we found very entertaining. The spa and indoor pool were luxurious.
We would love to visit again at a different time of the year to experience this charm in a different setting. Would definitely recommend this hotel to friends and family as well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set amid 500 acres of Hampshire parkland, yet only 1 hour from London, Four Seasons Hotel Hampshire is the perfect English-country escape. Centred on a historic Georgian Manor house, rooms feature English-style interiors with spacious, en-suite marble bathrooms. Guests can enjoy an array of country pursuits including horse-riding and clay-pigeon shooting, and outdoor activities such as tennis and cycling. The luxury Spa, situated in the renovated stable block, features a conservatory-style infinity pool and outdoor vitality pool, and a tree-top challenge, the Highwire Adventure. Our brand new restaurant and bar, Wild Carrot is now open and sees Executive Chef Dirk Gieselmann joining forces in the open kitchen with Restaurant Chef Adam Falgrin to create a menu championing the best of locally and regionally sourced seasonal produce. The Bar at Wild Carrot features an exceptional list of classic cocktails and artisanal concoctions inspired by the intriguing history of the local area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Four Seasons Hotel Hampshire, England reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Seasons Hotel Hampshire, England
- Four Seasons Hampshire England
- Four Seasons Hook
- Hook Four Seasons
- Four Seasons Hotel Hampshire, England UK