Arrived at 3pm for afternoon tea which was pre booked. Initially presented with a table with 2 wing back chairs and a dining chair, the two wing back chairs were comfortable but the dining chair stuck in the middle of a walk way and a foot higher than the other chairs made for a potentially awkward afternoon tea, we were moved to a table in a corner opposite the reception area main door. This should be the last table they utilise as it's opposite the main entrance door and therefore a freezing blast of air passes you every few minutes as people come and go. There were lovely window tables which were not used at all well inside the library for the entire duration of our afternoon visit, bizarre.
Afternoon tea was ok but not amazing. Tea presented without additional hot water which meant it stewed before being offered a replacement pot.
Sandwiches good and fresh, clotted cream in a tiny pot for three people which was woefully inadequate for the huge and tasty scones, the other cakes presented were disappointing.
Having been here three times in as many months this was very disappointing and unfortunately on this occasion they let themselves down.
The setting is gorgeous and I hope it was just a "bad day", below par for the service we have received before.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set amid 500 acres of Hampshire parkland, yet only 1 hour from central London, Four Seasons Hotel Hampshire is the perfect English-country escape. Centred on a historic Georgian Manor house, rooms feature English-style interiors with spacious, en-suite marble bathrooms. Guests can enjoy an array of country pursuits including horse-riding and clay-pigeon shooting, and outdoor activities such as tennis and cycling. The luxury Spa, situated in the renovated stable block, features a conservatory-style infinity pool and outdoor vitality pool, and a tree-top challenge, the Highwire Adventure, is situated in the estate's woodland. Seasons restaurant offers traditional British classics with a modern twist, made with the finest locally sourced produce. Adjacent to the restaurant, Bar 1086 serves a range of seasonal cocktails and Four Seasons Hotel Hampshire's own craft ale, the '1086'. Guests can also delight in Afternoon Tea in the Library, overlooking the rolling Hampshire Hills. Pets welcome. From 17th October to 2nd December 2016, Four Seasons Hotel Hampshire will be undertaking an enhancement programme of the ground floor facilities of its Manor House. During this period, arrival at the Hotel will via The Club & Spa at Four Seasons and provisions are in place to guarantee a seamless check-in experience. Afternoon Tea will during this time be served in Seasons. The Hotel Team is committed to minimising disruption to guests throughout the duration of the enhancements. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Priceline, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Four Seasons Hotel Hampshire, England reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Seasons Hotel Hampshire, England
- Four Seasons Hampshire England
- Four Seasons Hook
- Hook Four Seasons
- Four Seasons Hotel Hampshire, England UK