Me and my husband spent Easter there. Overall a very good experience but without wanting to be mean we found its style a bit character free.
Pros: good service but at times not 5 star, pool size and area good when it was more free of children. Tea room free of children was a nice spot. The place was warm which was great! Tennis courts were excellent and the coach was also very good. Shower nice and powerful. The food was very good even at the Thai place.
Cons: room a bit pricey and not very bright especially given that it was on the top floor. Too much stuff in it. Restaurant where breakfast was also served was like a posh golf club dining place. Noisy and no style. TV in the room was not working properly at times. Coffee maker was not working and when we asked for a replacement the member of stuff did not know how to operate it but thankfully I did. The worst thing for me was when we used the shoe cleaning service. I gave them my suede boots and they came back destroyed. They had polished the suede off. The disappointing thing was on our check out when we talked to some manager and he checked with the cleaning stuff and he said that they were not suede! I am not fussy I told them a refund of £50 to replace them would be enough (they were cheap) but I wouldn't expect this answer from that kind of hotel before refunding me. The surrounding countryside was a bit boring and it didn't help that you could see the pylons around. Also no proper gardens just a tiny one.
Overall we found it lacking character really especially the restaurant. I would rather have less activities and nicer gardens or more places to lounge. There is no wow factor there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set amid 500 acres of Hampshire parkland, yet only 1 hour from London, Four Seasons Hotel Hampshire is the perfect English-country escape. Centred on a historic Georgian Manor house, rooms feature English-style interiors with spacious, en-suite marble bathrooms. Guests can enjoy an array of country pursuits including horse-riding and clay-pigeon shooting, and outdoor activities such as tennis and cycling. The luxury Spa, situated in the renovated stable block, features a conservatory-style infinity pool and outdoor vitality pool, and a tree-top challenge, the Highwire Adventure. Our brand new restaurant and bar, Wild Carrot is now open and sees Executive Chef Dirk Gieselmann joining forces in the open kitchen with Restaurant Chef Adam Falgrin to create a menu championing the best of locally and regionally sourced seasonal produce. The Bar at Wild Carrot features an exceptional list of classic cocktails and artisanal concoctions inspired by the intriguing history of the local area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Four Seasons Hotel Hampshire, England reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Seasons Hotel Hampshire, England
- Four Seasons Hampshire England
- Four Seasons Hook
- Hook Four Seasons
- Four Seasons Hotel Hampshire, England UK