“Traditional English Tea - Scrumptious”

Four Seasons Hotel Hampshire, England
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Dogmersfield
Bishop's Waltham England
“Traditional English Tea - Scrumptious”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

With Canadian friends staying at The Four Seasons and following a day of sightseeing my wife and I stayed for Afternoon Tea in the Library. The whole experience was a total pleasure, from a reserved laid table, scattered with fresh rose petals. You make your choice of tea and served individually, sandwiches and sumptuous cakes and fresh baked scones - even better with a glass of champagne. For me as a Diabetic the pleasure for me was to be served with my own sandwiches, sugar free scones. With attentive staff the day was made and thank you.

Room Tip: At the front 1st floor over the main door, the view whilst sitting in the Bath and the bedroom is a...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank EricBirbeck

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
  • Polish first
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This is our third visit and is an Absolutely wonderful experience every time hotel is very child friendly staff is very accomodating and courteous overall food is good specially Sante restaurant a pleasure to visit every time

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank divs1976
FSHH, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Hampshire, England, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear Guest,
We very much look forward to your fourth visit. The Estate is in full bloom and has never looked so welcoming!
Best wishes,
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed here as a cheeky break. We stayed with our dog and baby which is normally a difficult thing for a hotel to accomadate, but here it was no trouble. We even had a very sweet hamper left for the baby in the bathroom which consisted of toiletries for baby and nappies and even a nappy bin. They also provided a steriliser and cot. The dog wasn't left out either and had her own hamper and bed provided. There were some teething issues to start with but when we drew it to the attention of the staff they were very quick to rectify the problems, and did so with great charm. The location of the hotel is stunning, only 45 mins outside London a beautiful estate to get your country fix in. The only disappointing thing for the whole visit was the restaurant it is not up to four season standards at all, but charges the same kind of money. We were very dissapionted with that. That said we will Definitely stay here again. We will just not dine in their resturant.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank DevonBinky
Dear Guest,
Whilst I'm pleased to read that you describe us as a 'wonderful country retreat' that is both family and dog friendly, I'm concerned to hear that you failed to enjoy your experience in our Restaurant. So that we can take steps to make amends on your next visit, I would encourage you to contact our Director of Food & Beverage, David Monson on 01252 853 012 or via david.monson@fourseasons.com who would be keen to discuss your feedback.
With best regards,
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I recently stayed here on a work do, the hotel was exquisite the staff could not do enough for you and the food was sublime.

While we was there we enjoyed the spa which was out of this world the best hotel I have ever stayed at

1 Thank Darrell H
Dear Guest,
What an honour for you to describe us as 'the best hotel you have ever stayed in'! I hope very much that you will come and enjoy a 'leisure' visit next time.
With kind regards,
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 May 2014

My partner and I spent a weekend at the Hampshire. It was meant to be a relaxing weekend ... certainly what you would expect from a FourSeasons in such a nice setting. Overall our experience was disappointing: kids between the age of zero and sixteen appear to rule the place, crying and running wild virtually everywhere, including the relaxation rooms in the SPA and the bar & restaurant even after 10pm. And finally, the proximity to London is probably a negative ... Lamborghini drivers with flashy WAGs abound.

Positives: very friendly staff, nice room, beautiful nature surroundings (we recommend the bike ride along the canal), good SPA (except the circus of a pool), nice terrace.

Negatives: disappointing breakfast (poor fruit and bread selection), no enforcement of the rules about where and when kids are allowed (staff did assure us there were some rules), disappointing main dining room, soulless bar.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Tourist_March_1979
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write your recent review.
Whilst there were elements about your stay that you clearly enjoyed I'm saddened to read that there were areas that fell short of your expectations, particularly in our Restaurant and Bar. I also recognise that as a family friendly destination we do get busy over the school holidays. I would invite you to contact me directly on 01252 853 002 or via charlie.parker@fourseasons.com if you would like to discuss your visit in more detail.
With kind regards,
New York City, New York
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel for a work event. The minute I got out of the car I felt relaxed. I was first greeted by a lovely black lab that escorted me to the front desk, which made me feel at home. The atmosphere of this hotel is sophisticated yet very relaxing. The views of the countryside are amazing and my room was quite spacious, which is uncommon in many UK hotels. The service was impeccable and the food was very good. I am definitely going to come back to this hotel at some point with my husband.

2 Thank windquest
FSHH, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Hampshire, England, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear Guest,
I'm pleased to read that 'Oliver' our resident black Labrador and very own 'Lord of the Manor' gave you such a warm welcome on arrival. He certainly helps set the tone for the remainder of any stay!
We look forward to your return visit.
With very best wishes,
Milford on Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Stayed here with colleagues and my husband as part of an incentive at work.
Beautiful hotel in glorious surroundings. Our room was spacious and luxurious and the bed very comfortable.
The service was impeccable and the food very good however the special menu to meet my dietary needs at the official dinner was a little disappointing.
The spa is excellent with a decent size swimming pool from which one can swim into the outside jacuzzi area.
Can't wait to return.

1 Thank Kim11052011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dogmersfield
Tylney Hall
Oakley Hall Hotel
Oakley Hall Hotel
#1 of 1 in Oakley
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,086 reviews

Been to Four Seasons Hotel Hampshire, England? Share your experiences!