We decided to split our recent trip between London proper and the countryside. The Four Seasons had been recommended to us and it did not disappoint.
For starters, the setting is tremendous. You feel like you are on Dowton Abbey visiting the country home of your rich friends. The service was superlative. All of the staff were very knowledgeable about what was going on in the surrounding area. The staff also took great care of our 9 year old daughter. All in all, a level of service equivalent to the best Four Seasons.
Now the best part is what you can do around there. We were a little worried that there would not be much to do. We were totally wrong. There are enough places to visit within about 45 minutes drive time (i.e. Windsor Castle, Stonehenge, Winchester, Jane Austen's House etc.) that you could easily fill up a full week visiting the sites.
We also worried about dining. We were also wrong on that. The hotel restaurants are superb (and we could have spent hours having drinks on the terrace off of the bar). And there are quite a few nearby places that you should try. Best of these was The Gamekeepers which was tremendous.
The activities at the hotel were among the best of any hotel. My daughter spent quite a bit of time at the riding academy riding the horses. This was top notch. A brand new facility with great horses. I also went skeet shooting on the hotel grounds (too much fun). And we used the hotels bikes to go riding around the countryside.
All in all a great experience. We would definitely go back again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set amid 500 acres of Hampshire parkland, yet only 1 hour from central London, Four Seasons Hotel Hampshire is the perfect English-country escape. Centred on a historic Georgian Manor house, rooms feature English-style interiors with spacious, en-suite marble bathrooms. Guests can enjoy an array of country pursuits including horse-riding and clay-pigeon shooting, and outdoor activities such as tennis and cycling. The luxury Spa, situated in the renovated stable block, features a conservatory-style infinity pool and outdoor vitality pool, and a tree-top challenge, the Highwire Adventure, is situated in the estate's woodland. Seasons restaurant offers traditional British classics with a modern twist, made with the finest locally sourced produce. Adjacent to the restaurant, Bar 1086 serves a range of seasonal cocktails and Four Seasons Hotel Hampshire's own craft ale, the '1086'. Guests can also delight in Afternoon Tea in the Library, overlooking the rolling Hampshire Hills. Pets welcome. From 17th October to 2nd December 2016, Four Seasons Hotel Hampshire will be undertaking an enhancement programme of the ground floor facilities of its Manor House. During this period, arrival at the Hotel will via The Club & Spa at Four Seasons and provisions are in place to guarantee a seamless check-in experience. Afternoon Tea will during this time be served in Seasons. The Hotel Team is committed to minimising disruption to guests throughout the duration of the enhancements. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Ebookers, Priceline, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Four Seasons Hotel Hampshire, England reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Seasons Hotel Hampshire, England
- Four Seasons Hampshire England
- Four Seasons Hook
- Hook Four Seasons
- Four Seasons Hotel Hampshire, England UK