“A culinary delight” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Bistro at Four Seasons Hotel

The Bistro at Four Seasons Hotel
Cuisines: British, European
Good for: Business meetings, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff
Farnham, United Kingdom
“A culinary delight”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

The Four Seasons at Dogmersfield is rather out in the country in sprawling grounds, and obviously a retreat for the wealthy. It is a beautiful building and oozes quality. Great staff everywhere, and superb flowers in the sumptuous public areas and hallways. We went this time for our anniversary celebration (a special occasion), and were as delighted as ever with the food and service. We both had rack of Turbot as a main and it was just fabulous, and served with the perfect balance of subtle and unusual vegetables with a wonderful sauce. As ever the staff are so pleasant and attentive, and really know and understand what the chef has on offer. This is an expensive place and has never disappointed. Our only slight let down is that the decoration in the restaurant lacks any character and that the dress code is over casual. Its worth asking for a table by one of the windows.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank dcberry2016

• Arabic first
Brighton, United Kingdom
“PRICEY BAR FOOD…”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

I have visited the Four Seasons several times for lunch and have to admit that I'm not entirely sure what the difference is between the bistro and diner at The Four Seasons. We seemed to start in one and then moved to the other due to cold weather, however, apart from a more formal table setting the menu was exactly the same? Perhaps there is another restaurant at the hotel?

I am on a fairly strict health regime now, haven't always been, and really found that I struggled to find something to eat on the limited menu. Pizza and burger have always been on it, also a ploughman's, which doesn't seem to ever change!?

I opted for a Caesar salad (dressing heavy I know…), which came with slightly undercooked chicken and more lettuce than it is ever possible for one person to eat. This as a meal always confuses me as it is very basic and yet loaded in calories. I then bizarrely opted for the ploughman's as seriously I was struggling to know what else to have… the menu is really limited.

On a previous visit I asked the staff to ask the Chef if he would make me a simple chicken salad. i wanted a mixed salad with tomatoes, cucumber etc… I described it as mixed. I got lots of lettuce and chicken and nothing else and it cost about £15 for the luxury.

So please please, more salads… more light and healthy meal options would be good.

Anyway, back to this lunch…. we ordered two glasses of champagne and were charged a ridiculous £20 per glass! Our lunch bill came to £110, which we don't mind paying when the food is good and imaginative… but this was a salad and a ploughman's for two; hence, you pay for expensive pub food.

The hotel is beautiful and the staff highly efficient, friendly and helpful.

We visit a lot of hotels and restaurants… and what this place lacks is the mature gardens. So when you do dine outside the landscape is flat. There are beautiful areas of course… planted areas outside the glass walkways, distant woodland etc… but the driveway and seating area looks over flat grassland. Hence, it lacks the beauty of say some of the older hotels such as Tynley, which lacks the modern grandeur of the Four Seasons but boasts wonderful gardens.

I guess you can't have everything.

The spa at the Four Seasons is top end London prices. About £200 to balance your chakras; as a person who studies esoteric subjects, this is something the individual should do for themselves. And no amount of money bring balance… it takes a lot of personal development. So money for old rope really in terms of some of the treatments.

• Visited April 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
“Relaxed Lunch with friends”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

We arrived early but that was not a problem and we were offered a choice of tables. None of us had a starter but after our friends' recommendation three of us had the fish and chips: I had the Parma ham and mozzarella pizza and the base was lovely thin and crispy. Lots of rocket which is fine if like me you love rocket! Then pudd.I had the Hampshire selection which had four components with only one slightly disappointing one, the trifle..my companions had the apple and walnut crumble and one had a selection of ice creams and sorbet which was very accommodating of them as it is not on the menu. Excellent service.

Visited April 2014
London, United Kingdom
“start of our stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

very large starters and very yummy ! worth the money and the Pinot Gris from Alsace is amazing ! Great service from ALL staff !!

Visited March 2014
Valletta, Malta
“Posh”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014

Lacks atmosphere, very sterile

However food was superb as was the service
Parking is great. You are treated very well and it's a superb venue for a special event

Visited March 2014