“Very Good - but I should have ordered less !”
Review of Dog and Crook

Dog and Crook
Ranked #3 of 119 Restaurants in Eastleigh
Price range: US$8 - US$18
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Old English pub serving good quality home cooked food. Friendly waitress service. Dogs welcome. Family friendly.
Southampton England
“Very Good - but I should have ordered less !”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We had not been to the Dog and Crook for several years, but friends chose it for a "pub lunch".
It had changed since we were last there and was justifiably busy, but service good.
Tempted by our company and an appealing menu, we both chose starters, as well as a main course and I couldn't resist the dessert menu. In hindsight it was not a good lunch choice -- TOO MUCH !
Next time I would avoid the starter and even perhaps opt for the 'lighter menu' - but I couldn't fault the quality or the service.
Our colleagues chose expensive glasses of wine and the whole thing ended up costing us more than £25 a head without the tip ! Expensive "pub lunch"

1 Thank gordonsapsed

Eastleigh, United Kingdom
“Worth a Visit”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Been here a couple of times now, the first by chance. Definitely somewhere to take friends for a spot of lunch. Nice atmosphere, genuinely friendly staff who talk to you not at you. Sadly as I was driving I didn't get to sample the bar. I had liver and bacon an all time favourite with me. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Menu is quite varied and reasonably priced.

I will visit again

1 Thank grumpywrinkles
UK
“Great value roast!!”
Reviewed 22 May 2014

This is very much our local pub and does a roast early evening on week days except Fridays. There was only one choice of roast but what we had was great value at £4.99 each and very tasty. The gammon was beautifully cooked, off a joint and not the "plastic" round stuff! We also had roast spuds, parsnips, proper carrots, cabbage, Yorkshire pud. all covered in plenty of lump free, tasty gravy. Our drinks were served to the table and extra sauces offered-the horseradish certainly carried a kick-. The only slight criticism would be that our drinks actually cost more than the meal although my white wine was delicious so I forgive them.

1 Thank poppy_ma2002
Fareham, United Kingdom
“Off the cuff lunch”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Went walking with friends at the Stoke Woods, from Fair Oak and ended (as you do) at the pub.
We decided to have a light lunch at the Dog & Crook and were delighted with the service, atmosphere and the meal! We had not been there for 2 years, since we had the most disappointing meal and bad service, but it is now on our favourite list again (new management)!
The meals, (ham & eggs, hunter's chicken) were really tasty and the service was friendly by young friendly staff, who appeared to be trained well.
A lovely surprise to see the pub back on its feet!!

1 Thank 11Annik
Winchester, United Kingdom
“Mother's Day”
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

This is the second time we have visited. The food is proper home cooked grub- really tasty.

The staff are really friendly and make you feel very welcome.

Very group friendly. Good menu and good roasts!

1 Thank EJBadders