“Good business class hotel”

Holiday Inn Southampton - Eastleigh M3,jct13
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Eastleigh
Reviewed 16 August 2011

Stayed here in Aug 2011... was allocated a pleasant room on 3rd floor... very clean, comfortable beds and good shower. Good breakfast in the morning... however, on entering an almost empty restaurant at 09.10 hrs, was given a table immediately next to a couple with four screaming children... asked for another table and was told that no others were laid up for breakfast... moved to another table ourselves and laid it ourselves... it took all of five seconds. Apart from the unhelpful, bordering on surly, member of staff in breakfast room, stay was very good.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
HotelGeneralManager1, General Manager at Holiday Inn Southampton - Eastleigh M3,jct13, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2011

Dear markdroitwich

Thank you for taking the time to feedback your comments following your stay at Holiday Inn Southampton Eastleigh.

Please let me apologise for the poor service you experienced at breakfast and assure you that I will discuss this matter with my Restaurant Manager to ensure appropriate action is taken to prevent a recurrence.

I am glad that you enjoyed other aspects of your stay and I do hope we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Southampton - Eastleigh M3,jct13

Reviewed 12 August 2011

Just like expected from a chain like Holiday Inn: Not too much individual style, but clean and spacious rooms, professional staff, really good breakfast, although the bathrooms could need a bit of renovation. Probably better for business travels, but since there were a lot of families on holiday you do not feel like being on the wrong planet...
Parking is free, 10 mins drive to Southampton city.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
HotelGeneralManager1, General Manager at Holiday Inn Southampton - Eastleigh M3,jct13, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2011

Dear gwhitlamg

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Holiday Inn Southampton Eastleigh.

It is wonderful to read that you enjoyed our breakfast and the professionalism of our staff.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel, when you next visit the area.

Reviewed 7 August 2011

Have stayed here for quite a few nights now, only in the Executive rooms. Rooms are on the small side, although for a single traveller they are fine. Executive rooms have a decent bed, a small desk (enough to work on), enough complementary shampoos + other bathroom products...not sure what the standard rooms have.

Service is generally not bad. I usually order room service and it comes within 20 - 30min most times and the food is fine. I have had a few cases where service has been way below par: The most annoying case was when we had dinner in the restaurant in the hotel. Although there was practically no one in the restaurant the service was really really slow. It took us 20min to order food, then 20min later our waiter came back to tell us that some of the mains we ordered weren't available and that we should reorder. We reordered and food took another 40min to come out of the kitchen (and we had ordered mainly salads...i.e. very easy to make). By the time the food came we were very hungry and pretty annoyed. I've also had one instance where the room service took over an hour to come even though I was repeatedly told it was "nearly ready". I will admit these are the exception rather than the rule but still pretty annoying.

The gym has a small but reasonable selection of cardio machines but poor weights machines. Pool looks pretty rubbish (I haven't used it because of this).

I'll probably keep coming back as the area seems to be devoid of good hotels, this is the best of a pretty average bunch!

Please note this hotel is, in my opinion, very expensive for what you get. Fine if you are on expenses, not cool if you are paying for yourself.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business

Dear Jaka_123

Thank you for your feedback following your recent stays at the Holiday Inn Eastleigh.

I would like to apologise for the inconsistency in service you have experienced.

Please let me assure you that we strive to maintain the highest levels of service at all times and it is disappointing to hear that we have failed to provide this on some occasions. If you wish to discuss this matter further please contact me on 0871 942 9075, alternatively I would appreciate the opportunity to meet with you to discuss your feedback when you are next staying with us.

Reviewed 22 July 2011

Standard conditions for a large chain hotel with a comfortable bed (give them credit for a choice of pillows) but lots of traffic noise in front rooms. Big let down is price - at over £100 a night for a single person I don't expect to be asked for another £12 for breakfast and £25 for wi-fi. Evening meal was very poor - restaurant fully booked and same prices in bar area with a 40 minute wait for anything. Plain burger (no garnish) and a few luke warm chips for over £11, surrounded by half eaten meals of varying types in a noisy bar. I know they were busy, but it simply wasn't good enough at these rates. Still, they win on convenience, and it was full, so they get away with it.
Stayed twice now on convenience factor alone - won't again - there's better Holiday Inns.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back away from the car park. The hotel is on a main road with noisy traffic.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
HotelGeneralManager1, General Manager at Holiday Inn Southampton - Eastleigh M3,jct13, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2011

Dear Leedslad27,

Thank you for your feedback, I would like to apologise for the disappointment you experienced with your evening meal during your stay.

Please let me assure you that this is not indicative of our usual standard of service and if you wish to discuss this matter further please contact me on 0871 942 9075.

I do hope you will consider staying with us again in the future, so that you can experience a more favourable stay.

Reviewed 21 July 2011

Me and my mother stayed here for one night whilst visiting the New Forest area on a coach trip. It's always interesting to see how establishments and its staff cope with a bus load of tired and often cranky people. However, this Holiday Inn did a very good job of it. A very pleasant gentlmen gave us our room passes on the bus, so there was no waiting around. We went straight to our room which was light, airy and the beds very comfy. The bathroom was good, nice and clean. Plenty of towels. Our room overlooked airplanes landing, and you would expect a little noise, but there was nothing. Very peaceful and quiet nights sleep.
At dinner time, a young lady was very social, pleasant and helpful in directing us where to sit. Dinner was actually rather good, our coach party having a choice of foods, all looked delicious - the BBQ chicken I had was very good. Drinks from the bar a little expensive (it cost £7 something for a pint of Bulmers and a J2O), but we were on holiday and who's counting? Breakfast was amazing - I would come back just for brekkie! Hot food, fruit, cereals, cheeses, meats and pastries! The coffee was also fab!
Wonderful stay, lovely staff (nothing was too much trouble for any of them) and would definitely come back!

Room Tip: The hotel still has smoking rooms available (which I didn't know existed!)
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family

Dear ineedscissors61,

It is great to read that your stay with us was fantastic and I'm delighted that you enjoyed our breakfast.

Reviewed 10 July 2011

Stayed for a weekend with my children. We were allocated two rooms, adjoining despite booking just the one room so a bonus. The rooms were spacious, clean and had everything you need. The breakfast was buffet style, I am not a fan of this type of breakfast but it was plentiful and when I asked for something extra the staff were happy to oblige. Whilst I was there I noticed someone complaining and the manager dealt with this wonderfully. The reception staff were very friendly and nothing was too much trouble. The leisure facilities were clean and modern. Overall a really great hotel. We took advantage of a two for one so the price was incredible. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Look on hot uk deals for a two for one offer and join the priority club to get free late check out
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
HotelGeneralManager1, General Manager at Holiday Inn Southampton - Eastleigh M3,jct13, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2011

Dear mmmmcupcake,

I am delighted to read you enjoyed your time with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel, when you next visit the area.

Reviewed 26 June 2011

I stayed in this hotel for 4 nights on business and had an executive room. The room was small, but well equiped and nicely decorated. I would say it had been renovated fairly recently and was very clean.

The pillows and duvet were great, I had really good sleep there which is unusual for me in a hotel. Good size towels as well.

The meals and service in the restaurant was average, nothing special but nothing to complain about either.

This is a big, relatively impersonal hotel but for business where you just want a comfortable room and a good nights sleep it was perfect for me.

The main thing that lets it down is the lack of free internet.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Eastleigh
Holiday Inn Express Southampton M27 Jct 7
Travelodge Southampton Eastleigh
Best Western Chilworth Manor Hotel
Premier Inn Southampton Airport Hotel
Travelodge Eastleigh Central
DoubleTree by Hilton Southampton

Been to Holiday Inn Southampton - Eastleigh M3,jct13? Share your experiences!