“Value for money, comfortable and friendly staff”

Holiday Inn Southampton - Eastleigh M3,jct13
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Eastleigh
IRELAND
“Value for money, comfortable and friendly staff”
Reviewed 10 October 2011

We stayed here for three nights whilst holidaying in the new forest.

The hotel staff were friendly, the bed was very comfortable, bathroom was a bit out dated but clean which is the main thing.

We didn't eat at the hotel as we were out and about a lot so can't comment on the food standard or service but it seemed to have a comprehensive menu.

All in all we had a lovely stay here and enjoyed the close proximity to the new forest.

• Stayed October 2011
HotelGeneralManager1, General Manager at Holiday Inn Southampton - Eastleigh M3,jct13, responded to this review, 24 October 2011
Dear BEARDJOY,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Southampton Eastleigh. I am delighted to read that you had an excellent stay with us and enjoyed your visit to the New Forest.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Lara Beechey

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 October 2011

I stayed here for 1 night on a business trip. It started off badly - I was tired when I arrived and the carpark was full....went into reception where the guy on the desk pretty much implies I'm stupid and there must be somewhere to park....no, I tell him, it's full apart from 1 disabled space....so another member of staff comes outside with me and instructs me to park on the hatched area outside an emergency exit door (I'd love to know how this fits in with regulations!!). Then I asked for an iron and had to wait over an hour with another 2 phone calls to reception before it finally turned up - it was getting late in the evening I wanted to go to bed as I had an early start in the morning - was not happy!! I got given a disabled room but as I only booked at fairly short notice it may be that this was the only one available (it was Southampton boat show week). The room was spacious and the bathroom was enormous. I slept well despite being 2 doors down the corridor from the bar and the shower was good. Breakfast (and I'm sure dinner) was the same as you get in any Holiday Inn - it's ok but quite expensive if not included in your room rate. I would probably have quite enjoyed my short stay if it hadn't been for the parking and iron debacle at the end of a 3 hour journey when I arrived!

Room Tip: Ask for a room upstairs - ground floor rooms could be noisy from the bar, carpark or footpath into t...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
Dear Edinem,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Southampton Eastleigh. I would like to take this opportunity to apologise for the problems you experienced.

I have discussed your comments with the Housekeeping and Reception Managers and they have taken appropriate remedial action to avoid a recurrence.

I do hope that the problems you encountered will not deter you from returning to the hotel in the future.

Yours sincerely,

Isle of Man, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 September 2011

check which rooms you got , if you got smoking rooms they are very bad..!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Dear Vinod M,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Southampton Eastleigh. I am sorry to read that our smoking rooms did not meet your expectations.

I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the future. Should you decide to book with us again please contact me on 0871 942 9075.

Yours sincerely,

Bedlington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 September 2011

We arrived here for two nights on the 8th sept, and we were pleasantly surprised at our room. We booked a family room and it was huge!! Very clean and comfortable beds. We stayed here as we were going to peppa pig world with the kids. Taxi from airport was £10 and to and from the theme park it was £20each way so it is expensive if your relying on taxis. Food was brill staff were really good with us and children (3yrs & 11months). Would def book holiday inn hotel in future with was a excellent hotel and the staff was excellent all round.

• Stayed September 2011
1 Thank mcglen81
HotelGeneralManager1, General Manager at Holiday Inn Southampton - Eastleigh M3,jct13, responded to this review, 15 September 2011
Dear Gemma4359,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Holiday Inn Southampton Eastleigh.

It is wonderful to read that your family had a great time with us, and you found our team professional and friendly.

I do hope we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 September 2011

Stayed one night at the Holiday Inn room was very clean and comfortable. The room was quite small but it had great air conditioning and the TV was massive! Parents were staying down the road at the Premier Inn, half the price but it was really old feeling (with no air con!). Jo on the desk was so helpful, booked taxis in the evening for us and was always very smiley.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Dear Lukelb1231,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to the Holiday Inn Southampton Eastleigh.

I am delighted you enjoyed your time with us and hope you will stay here again when you next visit the area.

Reviewed 9 September 2011

Recently stayed in this holiday inn on a weekend break taking my daughter to peppa pig world. When we arrived there wasn't much parking left so we expected it too be really busy, but with free parking people from the area might park there too!
There was a line at check-in and when we got to the front the lady didn't seem to be all that confident.The rooms were great big tv and comfy beds!

The thing that made the difference were the two lads in the bar, Tom and Barry. They talked to my daughter about peppa pig and one of them Showed her the fish which was a really nice touch! They sorted us out without us getting off our seats. The two lads talked me because they wanted too not because they had too, conversation was proper, you don't normally get that(normally staff are like drones) Food was recommended and it was amazing. It was exspensive but i don't mind paying lots of money for a good meal! Kids food is free which is a nice touch!

All in all very good stay will be back again!

• Stayed August 2011
Dear BobStark12,

It is great to read that our team made your stay with us an enjoyable experience and thank you for your kind comments regarding the food.

Positive feedback is always a fantastic morale booster and please rest assured that I will share this with the team, especially Tom and Barry.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel, when you next visit the area.

Canvey Island, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 August 2011

We stayed at the Eastleigh Holiday Inn for one night whilst visiting the area on a coach trip, the room was fine, nice and clean, comfortable bed, hot shower and lovely white towels, Our stay included evening meal and breakfast. The evening meal was awful, there wasn't enough seating allocated for the amount of people and the food was just disgusting, for starter we were offered soup or prawn cocktail, the soup was cold! and the prawn cocktail was served on a plate with not so much as a slice of bread. The main meal was self service, there was a choice of beef stroganoff, chicken or salmon, the stroganoff didn't look so good and the salmon was really dry so we chose the chicken, we were served a small breast of chicken which was more lke a childs portion, the vegetables were very undercooked and there was not enough food to go round! We were then served with dessert which was warm cheesecake, we didn't eat it as it had clearly not been kept in a fridge, If you wanted a drink you had to go to the bar yourself due to there not being enough staff, infact there was only one waiter who was working himself silly trying to clear tables, serve dessert, keep water filled up, we really felt sorry for the poor lad, The breakfast however was very nice, hot, nicely cooked and plenty of it There were menus in the rooms but the menu was not availabale to us so they should have removed these from our rooms for the duration of our stay.. The hotel also had a pool which we were not made aware of, there were no details of this in the rooms, If you book this hotel just book B&B and go out for an evening meal.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
HotelGeneralManager1, General Manager at Holiday Inn Southampton - Eastleigh M3,jct13, responded to this review, 7 September 2011
Dear LindaBarry10,

I am sorry to read that you were disappointed with your evening meal, but am pleased that your breakfast experience was much better.

With regard to the lack of hotel information in the rooms, following a recent upgrade to flat screen TV's all our hotel information and services are now available to view on screen via the info button on the remote control. I will also speak with my Reception Manager to ensure his team inform all guests of the Health Club facilities upon arrival.

Once again thank you for your feedback and I do hope you will consider staying with us again in the future, so that you can experience a more favourable stay.

Lara Beechey
Also consider these accommodations in or near Eastleigh
Travelodge Southampton Eastleigh
#6 of 24 in Southampton
Holiday Inn Southampton
Holiday Inn Southampton
#16 of 24 in Southampton

Been to Holiday Inn Southampton - Eastleigh M3,jct13? Share your experiences!