“Good enough hotel”

Holiday Inn Southampton - Eastleigh M3,jct13
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Eastleigh
Reviewed 3 February 2012

A good service for the price. A typical business hotel with the benefit of a decent gym/pool/sauna. Room was clean and functional. Quiet when the windows were shut. As per usual the mini-bar is robbery. Breakfast as you would expect.

Easy find from the M3 if you need to break up a journey or be near Southampton/Basingstoke area.

Gym provided towels and had a women only sauna in the changing rooms (so you can have a 'proper' sauna). Pool and jacuzzi staffed by nice friendly staff.

Room Tip: Don't forget your gym kit/swim suit - a welcome break from your room/hotel bar.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank HelenaMildmay
HotelGeneralManager1, General Manager at Holiday Inn Southampton - Eastleigh M3,jct13, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2012

Dear HelenaMildmay,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Southampton- Eastleigh.

I am delighted you enjoyed our health club facilities and found the staff welcoming and friendly.

I hope we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel when you are next in the area.

Reviewed 23 January 2012

We got a very good deal for 2 nights B&B and an evening meal through Superbreak and thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

On first impression the rather ugly 60s style building is a bit off-putting but as soon as you enter you see the clean modern interior, which has recently been refurbished, and all is well. The rooms are large, clean and comfortable, with flat screen TVs, powerful showers and comfortable beds. One thing to be aware of though; we didn't realise until the last day when we were packing that the room had a radiator under the window hidden by the net curtain. Until then we had assumed it was heated by warm air and the thermostat on the wall made no difference to the temperature - which was very warm! We spent two rather sweaty nights with the windows open listening to the traffic pass by and we could have turned the radiator off! Never mind we'll know better next time.

As our evening meal on the first night was included in the price I didn't really expect too much and was pleasantly surprised. The food was nicely presented, well cooked and there was plenty of choice. However, although our drinks arrived quickly, we had to wait 35 minutes for our starters even though there were only a handful of diners in the restaurant (perhaps that's why!). Also a side dish of vegetables did not arrive until my husband had almost finished his meal. When he refused it as it was too late the waitress said she would take it off the bill, which she did. It was a shame though as it took the edge off what would otherwise have been a very enjoyable evening. On a positive note the Indian restaurant across the road, where we ate on the second night, is excellent and is thoroughly recommended.

Location-wise the hotel is quite a distance from the middle of Southampton and not on a bus route (according to the receptionist), so we had to use our car every day. There is a car park though and we never had any issues with finding space to park.

The leisure centre is excellent and we used the swimming pool and sauna every day. It is also used by a water aerobics class, so it's wise to pick your times carefully or it can get a bit crowded.

One bad point is the expensive WiFi - £5 per hour. Most hotels of this standard offer it free.

In conclusion a very good hotel. I would have given it 5 stars if it hadn't been for the few niggles I mentioned.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank melbermar
HotelGeneralManager1, General Manager at Holiday Inn Southampton - Eastleigh M3,jct13, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2012

Dear melbermar,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Southampton-Eastleigh.

I am delighted to read that your overall stay was an enjoyable one. I am sorry that your dining experience with us was spoilt by the delay in service, and can assure you that this will be investigated.

I do hope we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 22 January 2012

Clean and well maintained room and public areas, friendly service. Due to train problems I was very late and the desk staff were helpful and made sure the bar was still able to feed me.
The breakfast buffet was very dry, but I have since learnt that you can order a freshly cooked breakfast if you want and would do that next time.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business

Dear purpleTerry,

I am glad to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that you found the team to be friendly and helpful.

I am sorry that the breakfast buffet was not to the required standard but can assure you that retraining will be implemented to avoid a recurrence.

Reviewed 18 January 2012

Not only were the rooms exceptionally clean, they have their own heating controls, beds really comfortable, staff were really friendly and helpful, you also get the use of the Health club which is attached to the Hotel, we made good use of this as we took our 2 young grand children and they loved the pool.

Room Tip: We had a ground floor rooms and had no problems with noise.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family

Dear Mouse 114,

I am really pleased to read that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel the next time you are visiting the area.

Reviewed 5 January 2012

I used to be a " Hilton Hotel " girl when in Eastleigh but travelled with a collegue who wanted somewhere closer to the office. So glad I did - as this place is a little gem and have returned 3 times recently because of the following: Outstanding Customer Service from all staff - too many to mention in this review but all reception staff are helpful,friendly and cannot do enough to make your stay/journey as smooth as possible. Bar and Restaurant staff (Ben -does needs a mention!) are always friendly no matter if its breakfast or dinner and again they can't do enough to help with anything you ask - even small things like requesting fresh milk instead of the long life milk all hotels provide in the room - it suddenly appears discreetly in a little jug. unlike other hotels who say they can't provide it as the kitchen is closed? (Do they lock their fridges??) ...
Food in bar is usual hotel prices but worth it - unless you want to pay a taxi into town for a bit cheaper? Its always lovely and fresh and plenty of it. Nice restaurant area - but I never use it as I prefer the relaxed and friendly bar area. Breakfast is served in the restaurant area and once again its hot and fresh..plenty of choice and perfect to relax and wake up in ! Rooms are large,and clean, and always well stocked- though I must say I feel sorry for anyone in a room below me- as when I run my bath (as they are lovely big baths to soak in) the noise of the water running through the system is very loud so don't be alarmed by this if you do hear it...it will stop! So to summarise - I am now a loyal "Holiday Inn" customer and can definately recommend this particular hotel for a stay in Eastleigh. Thanks again to all the staff.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank cambric
HotelGeneralManager1, General Manager at Holiday Inn Southampton - Eastleigh M3,jct13, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2012

Dear Cambric,

I am delighted to read your kind remarks regarding the hotel and the team. Comments such as yours are a great morale booster, please be assured I will pass them on to the individuals involved.

I am really glad to read that you enjoyed your time with us and look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel the next time you are visiting the area.

Yours sincerely

I

Reviewed 13 December 2011

I used to go to this hotel around once a month but recently the price of rooms has gone up by 50% and the worst insult to customers is that they charge you 10 pence per minute to even enquire by phone if they have a room. They are charging you to listen firstly to their advertising blerb and eventually to speak to a person.
There are plenty of other hotels around and I now use them.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled solo
HotelGeneralManager1, General Manager at Holiday Inn Southampton - Eastleigh M3,jct13, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2011

Dear Gordon G,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent call to the Holiday Inn Southampton-Eastleigh. We value the opinions of all of our customers and our aim is to exceed their expectations, I am sorry this did not happen on this occasion.

Our daily room rates reflect the local market demand and are subject to availability, thus the price quoted on the day of your enquiry may have been higher than you have paid previously.

Our telephone number is charged at a national rate and callers pay exactly the same price wherever they contact us from within the country. This allows our customers to know exactly how much it will cost them to speak to us. Alternatively our reservations team can be contacted directly by email via the hotel website.

I am sorry these issues have tainted your opinion of the hotel and I do hope you will consider staying with us again in the future

Reviewed 29 October 2011

My husband and I stayed here as it was nice and close to the airport. What a well run and friendly hotel. We were welcomed by a friendly girl and shown our room which was very clean and tidy. We had a meal in the Deli Bar and again the staff were very efficient and friendly. I think it was James? Who was making sure everything was running smoothly. Highly recommend this hotel for anyone and any age. This is one of the nicest Holiday Inn Hotels we have stayed in. Congratulations!!

Room Tip: I feel sure you wont have a problem in any room to be honest.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
HotelGeneralManager1, General Manager at Holiday Inn Southampton - Eastleigh M3,jct13, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2011

Dear Hodd,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Southampton Eastleigh.

It is wonderful to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us, and you found our team friendly and efficient. Comments such as yours are a great morale booster and I will be delighted to pass these on to the team.

I do hope we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Yours sincerely

Lara Beechey

Also consider these accommodations in or near Eastleigh
Travelodge Southampton Eastleigh
Best Western Chilworth Manor Hotel
Premier Inn Southampton Airport Hotel
DoubleTree by Hilton Southampton
1 mi away
Ellington Lodge at the Concorde Club
Holiday Inn Express Southampton M27 Jct 7

Been to Holiday Inn Southampton - Eastleigh M3,jct13? Share your experiences!