“Time to refurnished”

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Eastleigh
Hong Kong, China
“Time to refurnished”
Reviewed 12 March 2012

The location is a bit far from town but quiet place to have a short stay among Eastleigh area. Staffs are helpful and very informative.

Moreover, if they can refurnish their bathroom and carpet that would be very great! It could be matching the lovely environment.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank A K
HotelGeneralManager1, Manager at Holiday Inn Southampton - Eastleigh M3,jct13, responded to this review, 15 March 2012
Dear AK Hong Kong China,

I appreciate you taking the time to complete a review following your stay at the Holiday Inn Southampton-Eastleigh. We always welcome guests’ comments, as it is the best way for us to monitor our standards and where appropriate take remedial action.

I am delighted to say that since you last stayed with us our lounge and bar area have been refurbished. In addition, the carpet in the bedroom corridors and some bedrooms has also been replaced.

I hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the Holiday Inn Southampton-Eastleigh should you be visiting this area again.

Operations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
sheffield
Reviewed 1 March 2012

I often stay at the Holiday Inn when working in Southampton, this is a little gem of a hotel, don't be put off by the exterior, it does look a little grim sometimes. Come inside and you will find friendly but professional staff who will be more than happy to help make your stay as comfortable as possible.
The hotel is clean and comfortable with all the normal amemities you would expect from a hotel of this level, toiletries, hair dryer etc.
The bar is a lovely place to relax with a drink and meal, and the menu does change occasionally , the restaurant is more formal in the evening but nice if you wish to have a quieter evening meal.
I have not used the gym but have used the swimming pool, it is designed to be used for leisure as apposed to fitness swimming, but they do section off an area for adults to lane swim which I find useful.
All in all an enjoyable stay, which is almost becoming a home from home to me.

2 Thank kaznmark
HotelGeneralManager1, General Manager at Holiday Inn Southampton - Eastleigh M3,jct13, responded to this review, 8 March 2012
Dear KaznMark,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review following your stay at the Holiday Inn Southampton-Eastleigh.

I appreciate all your positive comments, it is great to read that you find our staff friendly and helpful, and that when you stay with us you feel it is a “home away from home”.

I will take great pleasure in sharing your feedback with the team and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Operations Manager
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 February 2012

We were returning from Spain via Porsmouth Harbour and wanted a night's break. Having read reviews of hotels nearer Portsmouth/Southampton, we were concerned that, as we stayed on a Friday night, we may be disturbed by other guests rampaging through corridors until the early hours. We stay regularly in another Holiday Inn, near Bristol so chose this one as we have been impressed by the standard of rooms and service. We also requested a quiet room away from any noisy groups. If there were any we didn't hear a thing, we enjoyed a refreshing night's sleep. The directions the hotel gave us from the M27 were easy to follow. On arrival a charming young man at reception offered us complimentary coffee and, as it was a bitterly cold evening, told us how to turn up the heating if we needed it - we did and we were really warm after lifting the curtain on to the window sill as it covered the radiator. The room was furnished to a high standard with a lovely bathroom. We enjoyed a beer (overpriced but OK for a hotel of this standard) and a bar snack (reasonably priced and enjoyable). The bar staff were friendly and helpful. It seems this hotel chain's policy to make people feel welcome and valued. We didn't sample breakfast but yet again, well done Holiday Inns for a really comfortable stay. The M3 was easy to reach for the homeward journey. We would definitely use this hotel again if we travel from Portsmouth or Southampton Airport, to which it is also close.

Room Tip: We weren't there long enough to judge but we asked for whst we wanted - quietness - and got it!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Yachties
HotelGeneralManager1, General Manager at Holiday Inn Southampton - Eastleigh M3,jct13, responded to this review, 21 February 2012
Dear Yachties,

Thank you for taking the time to fill in your comments on Trip Advisor. We really appreciate your feedback.

I was delighted to read that you found the hotel staff friendly and helpful and that you were made to feel welcome and valued.

I hope that you will stay with us again the next time you are visiting this area.

Braintree, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 February 2012

I stayed in this hotel for two nights while on a course in the area and the hotel was booked and payed for by my employer. A few colleagues of mine had told me a few bad reports on the hotel, but I found it to be actually very good. The hotel was very clean and the room was to a very high standard with a comfortable bed and a very nice bathroom, and I could sleep and stay in my room without having to put up with noise from next door as this hotel doesnt have paper thin walls like some I have stayed in in the past! The food was good, but even though I wasnt paying for it, I did note that it was very expensive. The staff were extremely friendly, nothing was too much trouble and service was always with a smile. Overall a very pleasant stay and I would definately recommend this hotel to anyone.

1 Thank Ian H
Dear IanH,

Thank you for giving your feedback on the Holiday Inn Southampton-Eastleigh following your recent stay.

I was very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your kind comments regarding the staff and facilities.

I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel should you be staying in this area again.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 15 February 2012

I am currently staying in the Holiday Inn in Eastleigh, and I have to say that I am impressed. Upon arrival, I was greeted by a friendly and helpful staff and a fully redecorated lobby. While the outside may look like a standard Holiday Inn, the inside is not. Its very well decorated and has the feeling of a brand new establishment: everything is shiny and clean. The lobby is spacious and open, and is adjoined to a restaurant and bar. The bar is well stocked and very modern. The restaurant, while a bit sparse in its decorating style is very good.

Also on the main floor is one of the best health clubs I have been to in a hotel...and it's free to guests. They have a heated jacuzzi, a full length pull, and a work out room complete with weights, elliptical trainers, running machines, bike and rowing machines. If you need a trainer to help, there is one of those present as well. Oh...and if you need a massage you can schedule that as well.

The rooms are very nice. I am in a well decorated twin bed room and I have my choice of soft or firm pillows. They have thick comforters on each bed, and a full size closet. One of the best things about the room is the shower; lots of pressure and very steady temperature. It is one of the best showers I have had in the UK.

All in all this is a very good hotel that I will come to again and again for business.

Room Tip: The elevators are slow so try to get a room on the first floor. If you eat in the restaurant, try t...
1 Thank MatthewEGreen
Dear MatthewEGreen,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay following your visit to the Holiday Inn Southampton-Eastleigh.

I was delighted to read your kind comments regarding our Spirit Health Club and was pleased that you were able to enjoy the facilities. It is also pleasing to read your positive remarks concerning your room and in particular the shower.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel the next time you are visiting this area.

Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 February 2012

A good service for the price. A typical business hotel with the benefit of a decent gym/pool/sauna. Room was clean and functional. Quiet when the windows were shut. As per usual the mini-bar is robbery. Breakfast as you would expect.

Easy find from the M3 if you need to break up a journey or be near Southampton/Basingstoke area.

Gym provided towels and had a women only sauna in the changing rooms (so you can have a 'proper' sauna). Pool and jacuzzi staffed by nice friendly staff.

Room Tip: Don't forget your gym kit/swim suit - a welcome break from your room/hotel bar.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank HelenaMildmay
HotelGeneralManager1, General Manager at Holiday Inn Southampton - Eastleigh M3,jct13, responded to this review, 7 February 2012
Dear HelenaMildmay,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Southampton- Eastleigh.

I am delighted you enjoyed our health club facilities and found the staff welcoming and friendly.

I hope we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel when you are next in the area.

Lara Beechey
Salisbury, Wilts.
Reviewed 23 January 2012

We got a very good deal for 2 nights B&B and an evening meal through Superbreak and thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

On first impression the rather ugly 60s style building is a bit off-putting but as soon as you enter you see the clean modern interior, which has recently been refurbished, and all is well. The rooms are large, clean and comfortable, with flat screen TVs, powerful showers and comfortable beds. One thing to be aware of though; we didn't realise until the last day when we were packing that the room had a radiator under the window hidden by the net curtain. Until then we had assumed it was heated by warm air and the thermostat on the wall made no difference to the temperature - which was very warm! We spent two rather sweaty nights with the windows open listening to the traffic pass by and we could have turned the radiator off! Never mind we'll know better next time.

As our evening meal on the first night was included in the price I didn't really expect too much and was pleasantly surprised. The food was nicely presented, well cooked and there was plenty of choice. However, although our drinks arrived quickly, we had to wait 35 minutes for our starters even though there were only a handful of diners in the restaurant (perhaps that's why!). Also a side dish of vegetables did not arrive until my husband had almost finished his meal. When he refused it as it was too late the waitress said she would take it off the bill, which she did. It was a shame though as it took the edge off what would otherwise have been a very enjoyable evening. On a positive note the Indian restaurant across the road, where we ate on the second night, is excellent and is thoroughly recommended.

Location-wise the hotel is quite a distance from the middle of Southampton and not on a bus route (according to the receptionist), so we had to use our car every day. There is a car park though and we never had any issues with finding space to park.

The leisure centre is excellent and we used the swimming pool and sauna every day. It is also used by a water aerobics class, so it's wise to pick your times carefully or it can get a bit crowded.

One bad point is the expensive WiFi - £5 per hour. Most hotels of this standard offer it free.

In conclusion a very good hotel. I would have given it 5 stars if it hadn't been for the few niggles I mentioned.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank melbermar
HotelGeneralManager1, General Manager at Holiday Inn Southampton - Eastleigh M3,jct13, responded to this review, 25 January 2012
Dear melbermar,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Southampton-Eastleigh.

I am delighted to read that your overall stay was an enjoyable one. I am sorry that your dining experience with us was spoilt by the delay in service, and can assure you that this will be investigated.

I do hope we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Lara Beechey
Also consider these accommodations in or near Eastleigh
DoubleTree by Hilton Southampton
#16 of 24 in Southampton
Jurys Inn Southampton
Jurys Inn Southampton
#6 of 24 in Southampton

Been to Holiday Inn Southampton - Eastleigh M3,jct13? Share your experiences!