“We enjoyed a very pleasant stay & would most definitely stay again if in the area.”

Holiday Inn Southampton - Eastleigh M3,jct13
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Eastleigh
Reviewed 17 June 2013

We stayed here with our 3 children aged 4,2 & 1 for 3 nights. We chose this hotel because it looked very nice in photos & the location was close enough to travel to PPW & Longdown farm by car. Approx 20 mins away without traffic. Upon arrival the front desk were very helpful, 2 of my children had thrown up during the long car journey. We were offered for our dirty clothes & car seat covers to be washed. This was done very quickly. I really appreciated this as I had limited amount of clothes for us all. The room was spacious & met all our requirements. Very clean & I appreciated the black out curtains as my babies cot was right there. They saw I had a baby & placed a cot in the room, I didn't even have to ask. I don't use hotels much but I was very pleased with this hotel. The staff were friendly & so helpful. They were happy to wash bottles & warm milk for us during our stay. The showers were powerful & the beds were comfy & cosy. Breakfast was delicious. Just a very comfortable atmosphere throughout the hotel. I had to write this review as our experience was so very pleasant. The food was a little over priced but all in all its all positive. I never did get any of the complimentary milk & cookies but nevertheless am a happy customer. Thanks Holiday Inn Eastleigh for a great place to rest our tired heads.

• Stayed June 2013
Alastair L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Southampton - Eastleigh M3,jct13, responded to this review, 25 June 2013
Dear Guest,

I was delighted to read your kind comments regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Southampton-Eastleigh. It is always a great morale booster to receive remarks such as yours and I will be very pleased to pass them on to those concerned.

I am very pleased that you found the staff friendly and helpful and that you and your family were able to relax and enjoy your stay.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel the next time you are visiting this area.

Alastair Lawson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Reviewed 13 June 2013

An excellent start to our cruise with the cruise and stay pack. The price includes car parking, breakfast and taxi transfers. I'd recommend this to anyone cruising out of Southampton.
Wi-Fi is expensive though, shouldn't it be included nowadays!!

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank andiwil
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Southampton-Eastleigh. I was very pleased that you found the hotel conveniently located for the start of your cruise from Southampton and found the Cruise Package suited your needs.

Our charges for Wi-Fi provision are currently under review and on 1st July, 2013 all Elite Priority Club members will have access to free Wi-Fi. In 2014 this will be extended to all Priority Club members. If you would like to join the IHG Rewards programme, you can join online by visiting: www.priorityclub.com

I hope you will stay with us again should you be visiting this area in the future or departing from Southampton on another cruise.

Kent
Reviewed 11 June 2013

We stayed here on business last month; rooms were nice, I had room 1 (ground floor - everyone walks passed it) but I still slept very well.

Good meal in the in-house restaurant and fairly reasonable priced drinks.

Room Tip: Maybe avoid the rear of the hotel as it faces the M3?
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Tricky666
Dear Guest,

Thank you for completing a review after your visit to the Holiday Inn Southampton-Eastleigh earlier this month. I was very pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay with a good nights’ sleep.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel should you be staying in this area again.

Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 June 2013

Having "lived" in the hotel for eight months, I may have a jaded view but I feel the hotel has slipped in service standards recently. I can't fault the comfort and cleanliness of the rooms and have been very happy with the accommodation. However, for the prices charged in the restaurant, I would expect far better quality and presentation (I don't particularly like the current trend of serving food on unhygienic wooden boards). Too many times, meals have had to go back to the kitchen, though, to be fair, the staff have always gone out of their way to put things right or compensate me.

If you're on a family visit, on a promotional tariff for the nearby Peppa Pig theme park, then it's probably great for you. If your on business and prefer to be in an environment where you're not overrun with very young children, then it may not be the best place for you in the Summer months!

I have to say that the staff, without exception have been brilliant and I offer a sincere "thank you" to everyone. The pool and gym are also worthy of praise, although I used them less than I should have and, again, the pool can be overcrowded with children.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to place your review with Trip Advisor following your numerous stays with us over the last eight months.

I was concerned to read that you feel the standard of food has slipped over the last few months. We aim to offer high quality, well presented food at all times and I am sorry that this has not always been the case. I would like to assure you that your comments have been discussed with my Head Chef who will carry out re-training as necessary.

I was delighted to read your positive comments regarding the staff which I will be very pleased to pass on to them.

I hope that you will stay with us again should you be in this area on some future occasion.

Penang Island, Malaysia
Reviewed 4 June 2013

Ridiculous that internet costs 16 L for 24 hours, and there is no shorter-term use possibility or any free business center use. Also, be sure to pay for breakfast in advance to save 2 or 3 L. The breakfast is quite nice, but there is no Continental option so you must pay full price. (The Premier Inn 4 minutes' walk--turn left at light--does offer a breakfast choice and has a very good atmosphere and service). Rooms are small but perhaps that is true all over UK. Two minor annoyances: Telephone messages are not taken, and there is no "please make up my room" sign to place outside your door, so you may wait until 3 pm to have room serviced. On the plus side, most staff are very courteous and helpful. You can walk to the pleasant commercial area of Eastleigh in 15 minutes.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Southampton - Eastleigh M3,jct13, responded to this review, 19 June 2013
Dear BeirutMoores,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. It is pleasing to know that you found our staff to be accommodating to your needs. I am sorry however that you did not find the Internet charges to your liking. Your feedback is important to us as this enables us to target problems areas and consider for improvements needed on site.

Kind Regards,

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare
Devon, UK
Reviewed 30 May 2013

We chose this hotel for a 'park-and-go' deal, as we had a very early flight time/

The room was very clean and adequate and the restaurant service and car booking were excellent, thanks to very attentive staff.
Our early call was made in person, due to a hand writing difficulty - not ours - and we were offered an early snack before we left (6am) which we declined.

Good value for a week's inclusive parking and a one night stay!

Room Tip: Front-facing rooms are not noisy, and have good views
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Alastair L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Southampton - Eastleigh M3,jct13, responded to this review, 4 June 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete your review following your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Southampton-Eastleigh.

I was very pleased to read that you found our ‘Park, Stay and Go’ package good value for a nights’ stay prior to departing from the airport;

Your kind comments regarding the service and staff are very much appreciated and I will be pleased to pass them on to those concerned.

I hope that you will stay with us again should you be departing from Southampton Airport again or visiting the area.

Colchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 May 2013

we chose this hotel as park of a package deal on a trip to paultons park, we only stayed fro 1 night but managed to use the pool which is small but adequate for a quick dip at the end of the day, the only downside to the swimming was no family changing facilities. the room was clean and had plenty of room for us all. the prices in the bar and restaurant were quite expensive but ok as we only staying 1 night. we had breakfast included and there was a choice of everything from traditional english breakfast and continental as well as fruit and cereal which filled us up for the day ahead. children are given special treatment with a welcome pack free drink and cookies and eat free in resaurant and bar. staff are helpfull and friendly too, would stay again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

I was delighted to read your excellent review following your recent stay as part of your visit to Paulton’s Park.

I am very pleased that you enjoyed the wide selection of dishes available at breakfast and that your children liked their goody pack and complimentary milk with cookies at bedtime.

I hope that we will be able to welcome you back the next time you are visiting this area.

Alastair Lawson
Also consider these accommodations in or near Eastleigh
Holiday Inn Express Southampton M27 Jct 7
Premier Inn Southampton Airport Hotel
Travelodge Southampton Eastleigh
DoubleTree by Hilton Southampton
Best Western Chilworth Manor Hotel
Travelodge Eastleigh Central

Been to Holiday Inn Southampton - Eastleigh M3,jct13? Share your experiences!