We booked this hotel as part of the Peppa Pig World short break deal. I chose this particular hotel due to the facilities and child friendly reviews and I was not disappointed.
On arrival a pirate gift bag was given to our 2 year old, this was the usual cheap party bag fillers - colouring book, crayons and cardboard jigsaw, it kept our little one entertained, so cannot complain!
I loved the fact that children were allowed in the pool, the pool was a good size, this was a busy week August bank holiday week and parking was available. We didn't spend a lot of time in the hotel as we were out all day, although we did use the pool and spa after a busy day out at peppa pig world.
Our room was nice and clean and air conditioning was welcomed!
The only negative point was when we checked in we were asked if we wanted to book a table in the restaurant as it was fully booked, so we needed to let them know soon (so, I thought, how can we book if it's 'fully booked'!!) we decided not to book as we were unsure what our plans were. Later in the evening about 6.50pm we decided we would try to see if there was availability to eat in the restaurant after all, I asked if there was a table free, I could only see 2 tables occupied at the time and I was told we couldn't be seated as they were fully booked, however there would be a table in 15 minutes, or we could order from the restaurant menu at the bar and get served straight away. We could order from the bar menu or restaurant menu wherever we decided to order, but a 15 minute wait to sit at a table in the restaurant.... well, I was confused by the lack logic there!!! But we decided to wait 15 minutes!!! the restaurant was not at all busy.
There was a good choice on the menu, however, would like a selection of cooked veg on the kids menu. The food was really nice, well presented and good value for money. expected high prices and small portions, but this was not the case. We then booked for our 2nd night stay, in case they were fully booked again!!!! ha ha, I wonder if the staff were embarrassed telling us that they were busy, when it appeared they were not, I am sure the same chefs cook for bar and restaurant?? One bonus was that our child ate free!
Paid £262 for 2 nights with breakfast for 2 adults and 1 child - bank holiday week. I did look at bed & breakfast with separate peppa pig world, but for £25 more we got the pool and spa, so value for money was not bad.
Would stay here again as a base to go out and about.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Southampton-Eastleigh is located between Southampton and Winchester in the heart of Hampshire, with easy access to the M3 and M27 and ample complimentary car parking. The hotel is conveniently located in close proximity to Southampton International Airport and Cruise Terminals. If you would like to take the family on day trips to the New Forest, Beaulieu Motor Museum, Marwell Zoo and Paulton's Park, then this Eastleigh hotel is the ideal location for you. This hotel features 129 fully air-conditioned bedrooms, including disabled access rooms and family rooms. Enjoy the contemporary cuisine in the Junction Restaurant or dine in your room with our 24 hour Room Service. Best of all, Kids Stay & Eat Free. Spend time working out and relaxing in the Spirit Health Club with the fully equipped gym, indoor swimming pool, jacuzzi, sauna and beauty treatment facilities. The Holiday Inn Southampton-Eastleigh offers both Airport and Cruise Park, Stay & Go packages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo, IHG, Expedia, Superbreak UK, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Holiday Inn Southampton - Eastleigh M3,jct13 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Southampton-Eastleigh Hotel Eastleigh
- Holiday Inn Eastleigh
- Southampton Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Southampton - Eastleigh M3,Jct13 Hampshire