Holiday Inn Southampton - Eastleigh M3,jct13
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Eastleigh
Reviewed 29 October 2013

This is the second time we have stayed here and once again we were not disappointed. Used as a base for visiting friends in Eastleigh and for a visit to Portsmouth Dockyard. Very convenient for both. CheckIn was quick and efficient and the whole hotel is clean and comfortable. Came out very well indeed when compared with an hotel in London a few weeks ago (not H.I.) which despite being 3 times more expensive had a room/bed/bathroom that was 3 times smaller. Pool/hot tub/sauna/steam very nice especially after a long journey.

Room Tip: Top Floor back - very quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Alastair L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Southampton - Eastleigh M3,jct13, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Dear Guest,

I was delighted to read that you have stayed with us twice before and have enjoyed your stay on both occasions.

It is always encouraging to receive such positive feedback and I will be very pleased to share your kind comments with all the staff concerned.

I hope you will stay with us for a third time should you be visiting this area again.

Reviewed 27 October 2013

Stayed here for a night when meeting up with some friends. Staff were all polite and willing to help. Bar stayed open late in to the night. My room was clean and a good size though to be honest I only slept in it. Didn't try out the spa but from what I heard it was more than adequate, especially given that it is included in the price of your stay. The breakfast was fairly expensive (£10.95 if booked the night before, £14.95 if not) but the food was good and you could get as much as you wanted.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Darren,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Southampton-Eastleigh.

I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and found the staff pleasant and willing to help.

I hope you will stay with us again, should you be coming to this area in the future to meet up with your friends.

Reviewed 25 October 2013

I stayed overnight on a park, cruise and stay package. Staff very welcoming, room clean and equipped with everything you need. Wedding party in attendance, busy but staff coped tending to everyone. Breakfast catered for everyone cold or hot choices. They all worked hard and helped in making my stay a happy one. I had help with my bags the next day and picked up by taxi. On my return contacting the taxi and dropping me back to collect my car no problem. Mislaid my return directions and it was no trouble at all for the front desk to print me the needed paperwork. I only wish I had used the spa. Definitely will return.

Room Tip: My room was at the front and no problem with noise whatsoever.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo

Dear Lorraine,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Holiday Inn Southampton-Eastleigh prior to your cruise. I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and found the staff welcoming and helpful.

I hope that you will stay with us again should you be departing from Southampton on another cruise and perhaps on your next visit you will have time to use the spa.

Reviewed 25 October 2013

Stayed over night for the two day pass to Paultons park. Room was clean and staff were very help full. Breakfast area was well laid out , My daughter loved the fish tank . Choice was very good and all enjoyed the breakfast. The spa and Gym with pool was excellent. I would have liked to try the gym but the pool was nice with Whirlpool spa and splash pool for little ones.

Room had all amenities for an over night stay and was comfy.

Would recommend to others.

Room Tip: Any room as double glazed and not much noise came through
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Alastair L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Southampton - Eastleigh M3,jct13, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Dear Matt,

Thank you for reviewing your stay at the Holiday Inn Southampton-Eastleigh. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit and that your daughter loved the fish tank.

I hope you will stay with us again and perhaps you will have time to try the gym next time.

Reviewed 20 October 2013

This hotel is a good place to stay for a couple of days. The rooms are nice and clean, service is accurate. Breakfast is English, but the quality is ok. It is situated near the M3, but i haven't heared a thing.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Alastair L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Southampton - Eastleigh M3,jct13, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

Dear Guest,

I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the rooms clean and the service accurate. Although we are situated close to the M3 our rooms all have double glazing to provide maximum comfort for our guests.

I hope we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel should you be visiting the area in the future.

Reviewed 11 October 2013

There is a lot that this hotel does well including:

- friendliness and helpfulness of staff
- food and bar area
- good gym, spa and swimming pool
- good standard of Exec Rooms

Occasionally, I have suffered from:
- late room service with over an hour wait
- long queues at check out
- tired towels

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Alastair L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Southampton - Eastleigh M3,jct13, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2013

Dear Guest,

As one of our regular guests at the hotel I was pleased to read that on the whole you enjoy staying with us and in particular like the gym, spa and swimming pool. I am glad that you find the staff friendly and helpful and will certainly pass on your kind comments to them.

I am sorry that on occasion we have let you down with regard to room service, quality of towels in the bathroom and queuing to check out of the hotel. Please be assured that I have discussed your comments with my team, to ensure these points are rectified. Thank you for bringing them to my attention.

I hope we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed 9 October 2013

Stayed here for a 2 day trip to see Peppa, 3 adults 1 child. We were given adjoining rooms, which we hadn't thought of asking for, but was great because it meant granddaughter could be put to bed and the rest of us could at least watch TV!
Hotel convenient ,clean, pleasant staff and swimming pool was extra bonus which we used in the morning as check out wasn't till 12.. Only had breakfast which had a very nice selection.
Ate dinner out in new precinct in Eastleigh centre as it was cheaper (Prezzo,etc.).

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Alastair L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Southampton - Eastleigh M3,jct13, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2013

Dear Guest,

I appreciate you taking the time to post a review of your recent visit to the Holiday Inn Southampton-Eastleigh when you stayed with your family for a visit to Peppa Pig World.

I was delighted that you all enjoyed the stay and in particular making use of the swimming pool in the Spirit Health Club.

I hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel the next time you are staying in this area.

Alastair Lawson

Also consider these accommodations in or near Eastleigh
Travelodge Southampton Eastleigh
Travelodge Eastleigh Central
Premier Inn Southampton Airport Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Southampton M27 Jct 7
Best Western Chilworth Manor Hotel
Jurys Inn Southampton
Jurys Inn Southampton
#7 of 25 in Southampton

Been to Holiday Inn Southampton - Eastleigh M3,jct13? Share your experiences!