“Absolutely Brilliant!!”

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Eastleigh
Gillingham, United Kingdom
“Absolutely Brilliant!!”
Reviewed 1 December 2013

I stayed here last night with my three year old daughter and we had an absolutely brilliant time!!! I really cannot praise the hotel and staff highly enough.

We arrived early evening (I guess around 5.30 pm) after a birthday party in Portsmouth. My daughter was tired but enjoyed exploring the reception and bar area and loved the fish tank whilst we waited (very briefly) to check in.

The receptionist was happy, smiley, friendly and helpful. Check in was quick but not rushed and I noticed she was very helpful to the couple who checked in before us when they needed some extra assistance.

As I was checking in she disappeared around the back and came back with a balloon, smart little backpack filled with colouring bits and stickers and a voucher for milk and cookies at the bar for my daughter. Wow. This is really above and beyond. It's the little things that count and this is a lovely touch to make the kids feel like guests as well. And the friendliness towards children is also a much appreciated bonus. (I notice some reviews liken the hotel to 'nothing more than a Travelodge'. Clearly they have not been to the same Travelodges I have (!), but aside from quality of interior, it is these little extra services that put this hotel above).

The room was totally spotless! And although it did not look to be very recently decorated or kitted out, it certainly was in very good condition: probably the least battered and abused hotel room I've stayed in for a long time. There was just something clean and fresh about the place (that goes for the whole hotel).

We went to the bar for milk and cookies (and a glass of wine!) and the barman was kind enough to allow me to order a sandwich at the bar to take up to the room with me so I could put my daughter to bed (no extra room service charge as I bothered to carry it up myself: another appreciated little gesture!). Although I can't comment on the main meals, the sarnie was perfectly nice - nothing to fault.

Barman was also very friendly and helpful.

Housekeeping were also very smiley and friendly towards us in the morning when we walked past the room they were working in.

And finally checkout was simple and again very friendly and smiley.

There was not a grumpy face to be seen anywhere!!

A final note: I have just phoned the hotel because I think we left behind my daughter's doll. Although the receptionist couldn't help directly, she was extremely friendly and helpful and has left a message for housekeeping to call me tomorrow morning. Nothing is too much trouble for these people.

The front and rear of house staff and maintenance staff at this hotel should be highly commended for their service and working standards. I know when it's busy you may not get the same easy going attitude from staff but that's probably because they are dealing with overdemanding, pushy customers. But I reckon you would still get a smile from these people even under pressure! Honestly: these guys and girls are great and so they should probably also be considered a credit to the management team.

Thanks guys for a great overnight stop and keep up the good work!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Alastair L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Southampton - Eastleigh M3,jct13, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Dear Lisa,

Thank you very much for your excellent review following your recent stay at the hotel with your daughter. I am really pleased that you both enjoyed your visit and found all the staff friendly and helpful.

It is always a great morale booster to receive feedback such as yours and I will be delighted to pass on your comments to all the staff concerned.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back should you be staying in this area again.

Alastair Lawson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Winchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Quick check in,staff very welcoming and polite
Nice large clean room on top floor but only 1 bath robe (should have been 2).Bed comfortable but pillows very soft.Had to open both windows as room very warm
Breakfast average

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your comments on Trip Advisor. All feedback receive is very much appreciated.

I was pleased to read that you found the bed comfortable and am sorry that the pillows were too soft. We do offer a “pillow menu” with a choice of soft and hard pillows, so should you be staying with us again, please speak to a member of the housekeeping team and they will be happy to provide different pillows for you.

I do hope we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 November 2013 via mobile

Adequate accommodation and meeting rooms, but the food was abysmal. Staff were helpful and considerate, but the lunch and dinner options included in our deal were limited, processed and badly cooked. Probably a much better deal if you want bed and breakfast and have time to use the gym and spa. Unfortunately ours was a full working meeting...

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

I was very concerned to read that you were disappointed with the food when you stayed with us recently. We do try to provide a varied and appealing choice for all our guests and I am very sorry that you did not find this to be the case and that we let you down on this occasion.

I hope that you will give us a chance to redeem ourselves and that you will stay with us again should you be visiting this area in the future.

Wollongong, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed 26 November 2013

We were catching up with friends in nearby Bosham and all accommodation in that area required a two night stay, so we opted for the Holiday Inn and a drive the next morning. It was a good choice. The Reception staff were very pleasant and on departure even printed off maps and directions for us to get to our destination. We had good service and enjoyed the bar and cafe for dinner. It appears to be a very busy hotel with lots of families staying there. (I believe that it is very close to Peppa Pig's farm.) Our room was up to the usual Holiday Inn standard.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Alastair L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Southampton - Eastleigh M3,jct13, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments following your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Southampton-Eastleigh.

I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and found the staff friendly and helpful. It is always encouraging to receive positive feedback and I will be very pleased to pass your comments on to them, particularly the reception staff.

I do hope we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel again should you be visiting this area on some future occasion.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 November 2013

I was recommended to go to the Holiday Inn Spa for my wedding treatments and I'm very glad I went. The beauty treatments were far better than others I had received elsewhere. My tan and nails were perfect and Lisa and Mandy were very friendly and knew their stuff! Highly recommended and good value for money.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Dear KCR44,

I was delighted to read that you were so pleased with the beauty treatments that Mandy and Lisa did for you for your wedding. They both always go out of their way to do a fantastic job and I will be very pleased to pass on your excellent feedback to them.

I hope that you had a wonderful wedding day!

Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 November 2013

I stay at Holiday Inn hotels up and down the country and this I one of the better ones, the staff are very friendly and keen to help, the reception area is very clean and this continues into the rooms. The bed was very comfy and I had a good nights sleep, this was followed up by a excellent choice at breakfast all piping hot and tasty.
The hotel is only a 5 minute walk from Eastleigh centre where you can find a selection of restaurants, the hotel offers park and fly for holiday makers flying from the nearby Southampton airport. I stay here on a regular basis and this and feel is the best hotel in the area.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us at Eastleigh. I was very pleased to read that although you stay at Holiday Inn hotels throughout the UK you would rate us “above average” and one of the better hotels.

Thank you for your kind comments regarding the hotel and its facilities. I am delighted that you find the staff friendly and helpful and hope that you will continue to stay with us when you visit this area again.

Manchester
Reviewed 7 November 2013

I stayed at this hotel for one night while on business in the area, and the one thing that really stood out for me was the staff.
Right from check in every member of staff that I encountered were a credit to this hotel. After a very pleasant check in, I was offered a and full of chocolates and a promotional Lucazade as I made my way to my room.
After showering, I went down for a bar snack and once again experienced great service from very pleasant bar staff.
The following morning I was greeted with a good morning from every member of staff from the ladies making up the rooms to the breakfast staff. I noticed the monthly employee awards proudly displayed near the lifts and it went to a different employee every month. This hotel is clearly doing something right with staff training and motivation.
The rest of the hotel was also spot on. Room great, clean and food nice. The only thing I could think of complaining about was that I didn't get my advertised bread and butter with my Fish and Chips. They must have been thinking about my waistline!!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write the excellent review of your stay with us at Eastleigh.

I was delighted to read that you found all the staff friendly and helpful and I will certainly be pleased to pass your kind comments on to them.

I hope we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel the next time you are staying in this area.

Alastair Lawson
Also consider these accommodations in or near Eastleigh
Premier Inn Southampton (Eastleigh) Hotel
Holiday Inn Southampton
Holiday Inn Southampton
#16 of 24 in Southampton
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,104 reviews

Been to Holiday Inn Southampton - Eastleigh M3,jct13? Share your experiences!