I stayed here last night with my three year old daughter and we had an absolutely brilliant time!!! I really cannot praise the hotel and staff highly enough.
We arrived early evening (I guess around 5.30 pm) after a birthday party in Portsmouth. My daughter was tired but enjoyed exploring the reception and bar area and loved the fish tank whilst we waited (very briefly) to check in.
The receptionist was happy, smiley, friendly and helpful. Check in was quick but not rushed and I noticed she was very helpful to the couple who checked in before us when they needed some extra assistance.
As I was checking in she disappeared around the back and came back with a balloon, smart little backpack filled with colouring bits and stickers and a voucher for milk and cookies at the bar for my daughter. Wow. This is really above and beyond. It's the little things that count and this is a lovely touch to make the kids feel like guests as well. And the friendliness towards children is also a much appreciated bonus. (I notice some reviews liken the hotel to 'nothing more than a Travelodge'. Clearly they have not been to the same Travelodges I have (!), but aside from quality of interior, it is these little extra services that put this hotel above).
The room was totally spotless! And although it did not look to be very recently decorated or kitted out, it certainly was in very good condition: probably the least battered and abused hotel room I've stayed in for a long time. There was just something clean and fresh about the place (that goes for the whole hotel).
We went to the bar for milk and cookies (and a glass of wine!) and the barman was kind enough to allow me to order a sandwich at the bar to take up to the room with me so I could put my daughter to bed (no extra room service charge as I bothered to carry it up myself: another appreciated little gesture!). Although I can't comment on the main meals, the sarnie was perfectly nice - nothing to fault.
Barman was also very friendly and helpful.
Housekeeping were also very smiley and friendly towards us in the morning when we walked past the room they were working in.
And finally checkout was simple and again very friendly and smiley.
There was not a grumpy face to be seen anywhere!!
A final note: I have just phoned the hotel because I think we left behind my daughter's doll. Although the receptionist couldn't help directly, she was extremely friendly and helpful and has left a message for housekeeping to call me tomorrow morning. Nothing is too much trouble for these people.
The front and rear of house staff and maintenance staff at this hotel should be highly commended for their service and working standards. I know when it's busy you may not get the same easy going attitude from staff but that's probably because they are dealing with overdemanding, pushy customers. But I reckon you would still get a smile from these people even under pressure! Honestly: these guys and girls are great and so they should probably also be considered a credit to the management team.
Thanks guys for a great overnight stop and keep up the good work!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Southampton-Eastleigh is located between Southampton and Winchester in the heart of Hampshire, with easy access to the M3 and M27 and ample complimentary car parking. The hotel is conveniently located in close proximity to Southampton International Airport and Cruise Terminals. If you would like to take the family on day trips to the New Forest, Beaulieu Motor Museum, Marwell Zoo and Paulton's Family Leisure Park, then this Eastleigh hotel is the ideal location for you. This modern, extensively refurbished Southampton hotel features 129 fully air-conditioned bedrooms, including disabled access rooms and family rooms. Enjoy the contemporary cuisine in the Junction Restaurant or dine in your room with our 24 hour Room Service. Best of all, Kids Stay & Eat Free. Spend time working out and relaxing in the Spirit Health Club with the fully equipped gym, indoor swimming pool, jacuzzi, sauna and beauty treatment facilities. The Holiday Inn Southampton-Eastleigh offers both Airport and Cruise Park, Stay & Go packages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Ebookers, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Superbreak UK, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, HRS and Evoline ltd so you can book your Holiday Inn Southampton - Eastleigh M3,jct13 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Southampton-Eastleigh Hotel Eastleigh
- Holiday Inn Eastleigh
- Southampton Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Southampton - Eastleigh M3,Jct13 Hampshire