“Don't Judge A Book By Its Cover”

Holiday Inn Southampton - Eastleigh M3,jct13
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Eastleigh
Kirkcaldy, United Kingdom
“Don't Judge A Book By Its Cover”
Reviewed 9 December 2013 via mobile

A former TrustHouseForte with all the hallmarks of a functional 80s block. But whilst the building may look no more inspiring than residential flats, we liked everything about our 3-night stay.

Personal highlights were extremely comfortable beds, quiet rooms even with a late-night party in full swing on the ground floor, attentive, cheerful staff - some of whom had worked as late as 2am and were back on duty at 7am still friendly - and an attractive bar area.

Well located for those with a car, close to M3 & M27. We hired a car from Southampton Airport (2miles away) so were easily able to visit Portsmouth, Southampton and the Isle of Wight. The money we saved staying here rather than in the city centre more than covered the cost of the hire car.

Would happily return here in future.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Alastair L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Southampton - Eastleigh M3,jct13, responded to this review, 12 December 2013
Dear Glen,

Thank you for the review of your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Southampton-Eastleigh. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your 3 night visit and found the beds were comfortable and your room quiet.

It is always a great morale booster to read complimentary comments such as yours and I will be very pleased to pass them on to the staff concerned.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel the next time you are staying in this area.

Alastair Lawson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Eye, Peterborough
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Recently spent 2 nights here on an organised Christmas Markets coach tour around Portsmouth etc.
Hotel check in was done for us by the coach driver, so we could go straight to our room, which was nice and very clean.
We ate in the restaurant, albeit from a restricted menu, because we were part of a coach party. All the courses over both nights were well presented and tasted very nice.
Service from all the staff was excellent.
Recommend it if you are looking for a good "Holiday Inn" style place to stay.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Alastair L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Southampton - Eastleigh M3,jct13, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Dear Guest,

I am very glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, and thank you for taking the time to write your comments on Trip Advisor. All feedback received is very much appreciated and I will be pleased to pass on your comments to the staff.

I do hope we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

essex england
Reviewed 1 December 2013

We just had a weekend away and stayed at this lovely hotel,on arrival we received a lovely welcome from the reception staff they were so friendly and helpful.Our room was huge and lovely and clean.The bed was lovely and comfortable and there was a nice two seater and chair .The room was lovely and warm and the tea and coffee was great.We had a lovely swim in the pool each day and was very relaxing in the hot tub and sauna, the staff in the leisure centre were really friendly also.The only down side was the Wifi and breakfast was expensive so we went out to eat and use the internet.We had free parking and the hotel was in a good location.Please bring down price of wifi.

Room Tip: We had an invalid room on ground floor ,the bathroom was huge
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review following your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Southampton-Eastleigh.

I was very pleased to read that you found the staff friendly and helpful and that you enjoyed using the leisure facilities.

We do offer complimentary WIFI to all Platinum and Gold Elite IHG Rewards club members and we are currently reviewing our offering for all other members.

Thank you once again for your feedback and I do hope that you will give us the opportunity of looking after you again in the future.

Gillingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 December 2013

I stayed here last night with my three year old daughter and we had an absolutely brilliant time!!! I really cannot praise the hotel and staff highly enough.

We arrived early evening (I guess around 5.30 pm) after a birthday party in Portsmouth. My daughter was tired but enjoyed exploring the reception and bar area and loved the fish tank whilst we waited (very briefly) to check in.

The receptionist was happy, smiley, friendly and helpful. Check in was quick but not rushed and I noticed she was very helpful to the couple who checked in before us when they needed some extra assistance.

As I was checking in she disappeared around the back and came back with a balloon, smart little backpack filled with colouring bits and stickers and a voucher for milk and cookies at the bar for my daughter. Wow. This is really above and beyond. It's the little things that count and this is a lovely touch to make the kids feel like guests as well. And the friendliness towards children is also a much appreciated bonus. (I notice some reviews liken the hotel to 'nothing more than a Travelodge'. Clearly they have not been to the same Travelodges I have (!), but aside from quality of interior, it is these little extra services that put this hotel above).

The room was totally spotless! And although it did not look to be very recently decorated or kitted out, it certainly was in very good condition: probably the least battered and abused hotel room I've stayed in for a long time. There was just something clean and fresh about the place (that goes for the whole hotel).

We went to the bar for milk and cookies (and a glass of wine!) and the barman was kind enough to allow me to order a sandwich at the bar to take up to the room with me so I could put my daughter to bed (no extra room service charge as I bothered to carry it up myself: another appreciated little gesture!). Although I can't comment on the main meals, the sarnie was perfectly nice - nothing to fault.

Barman was also very friendly and helpful.

Housekeeping were also very smiley and friendly towards us in the morning when we walked past the room they were working in.

And finally checkout was simple and again very friendly and smiley.

There was not a grumpy face to be seen anywhere!!

A final note: I have just phoned the hotel because I think we left behind my daughter's doll. Although the receptionist couldn't help directly, she was extremely friendly and helpful and has left a message for housekeeping to call me tomorrow morning. Nothing is too much trouble for these people.

The front and rear of house staff and maintenance staff at this hotel should be highly commended for their service and working standards. I know when it's busy you may not get the same easy going attitude from staff but that's probably because they are dealing with overdemanding, pushy customers. But I reckon you would still get a smile from these people even under pressure! Honestly: these guys and girls are great and so they should probably also be considered a credit to the management team.

Thanks guys for a great overnight stop and keep up the good work!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Dear Lisa,

Thank you very much for your excellent review following your recent stay at the hotel with your daughter. I am really pleased that you both enjoyed your visit and found all the staff friendly and helpful.

It is always a great morale booster to receive feedback such as yours and I will be delighted to pass on your comments to all the staff concerned.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back should you be staying in this area again.

Winchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Quick check in,staff very welcoming and polite
Nice large clean room on top floor but only 1 bath robe (should have been 2).Bed comfortable but pillows very soft.Had to open both windows as room very warm
Breakfast average

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your comments on Trip Advisor. All feedback receive is very much appreciated.

I was pleased to read that you found the bed comfortable and am sorry that the pillows were too soft. We do offer a “pillow menu” with a choice of soft and hard pillows, so should you be staying with us again, please speak to a member of the housekeeping team and they will be happy to provide different pillows for you.

I do hope we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 November 2013 via mobile

Adequate accommodation and meeting rooms, but the food was abysmal. Staff were helpful and considerate, but the lunch and dinner options included in our deal were limited, processed and badly cooked. Probably a much better deal if you want bed and breakfast and have time to use the gym and spa. Unfortunately ours was a full working meeting...

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

I was very concerned to read that you were disappointed with the food when you stayed with us recently. We do try to provide a varied and appealing choice for all our guests and I am very sorry that you did not find this to be the case and that we let you down on this occasion.

I hope that you will give us a chance to redeem ourselves and that you will stay with us again should you be visiting this area in the future.

Wollongong, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed 26 November 2013

We were catching up with friends in nearby Bosham and all accommodation in that area required a two night stay, so we opted for the Holiday Inn and a drive the next morning. It was a good choice. The Reception staff were very pleasant and on departure even printed off maps and directions for us to get to our destination. We had good service and enjoyed the bar and cafe for dinner. It appears to be a very busy hotel with lots of families staying there. (I believe that it is very close to Peppa Pig's farm.) Our room was up to the usual Holiday Inn standard.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Alastair L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Southampton - Eastleigh M3,jct13, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments following your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Southampton-Eastleigh.

I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and found the staff friendly and helpful. It is always encouraging to receive positive feedback and I will be very pleased to pass your comments on to them, particularly the reception staff.

I do hope we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel again should you be visiting this area on some future occasion.

Alastair Lawson
Also consider these accommodations in or near Eastleigh
Holiday Inn Express Southampton M27 Jct 7
Premier Inn Southampton Airport Hotel
Travelodge Southampton Eastleigh
DoubleTree by Hilton Southampton
Best Western Chilworth Manor Hotel
Travelodge Eastleigh Central

Been to Holiday Inn Southampton - Eastleigh M3,jct13? Share your experiences!