“Good, clean hotel”

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Eastleigh
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Good, clean hotel”
Reviewed 9 February 2014

I stay here a lot on business - it is my favourite hotel when I'm in Eastleigh. It's nothing special, but it is a large, spacious, clean hotel with good service, which is exactly the sort of thing I'm after when travelling with business. I've stayed in nicer Holiday Inns, but that does not mean that this one is bad. The staff are all very friendly and helpful. The food is quite expensive, given the quality. There is an Indian restaurant across the road that is far superior for the same money. The draught beer is quite poor, it's often quite flat and tastes like the pumps aren't cleaned very often - so always go for a bottled beer if you stay here.
In conclusion, a clean and functional hotel, but you wouldn't exactly describe it as nice.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Southampton - Eastleigh M3,jct13, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Dear MatthewST,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the food selections prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
worcestershire uk
Reviewed 4 February 2014

Stayed here on a Friday night in Jan, paid £49.50 for a twin room with breakfast. Great value for full service hotel such as this. Reception staff very helpful with early check in, Breakfast was excellent. I've stayed here a couple of times now, and would highly recommend this hotel if you can get a decent rate.

Room Tip: Back of the hotel, top floor is generally quietest.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Alastair L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Southampton - Eastleigh M3,jct13, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Dear Mark,

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your visit when you stayed with us in January and found your rate of £49.50 including breakfast was good value.

We aim to offer competitive rates at all times and if you contact our reservations department at the hotel on: 023 8065 0364, we will always endeavour to find the best rate for you.

I hope you will stay with us again the next time you are visiting the Eastleigh area.

Somerset, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 January 2014

Like all my Holiday Inn stays....of which there are many, I only use them for business, they are not my personal choice for leisure use! This one is actually quite nice. The staff are very friendly and attentive and the homogenous food from the identical UK wide menu is somehow tastier here. The breakfast is better too and the breakfast staff are very helpful.... and have been there for a long time. Rooms are clean. What more can I say.

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay with us. I was pleased to read that you enjoy breakfast and find that the staff are all friendly and helpful. It is always encouraging to receive feedback such as yours and I will be very pleased to pass your kind comments on to them.

I hope we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel very soon.

Hampshire
Reviewed 22 January 2014

Within the last 6 months, I've had the pleasure of attending two receptions at this hotel & more recently, I stayed overnight. The communal areas are well kept, modern, very spacious and a member of staff is always on hand should you have any queries. Speaking of which, this is where the hotel comes into its own.

The team(s) that handled both weddings were extremely professional & friendly. Nothing was too much trouble (despite having the misfortune of dealing with a few drunken guests). Every member of staff I encountered was polite & courteous - an essential foundation for any successful hotel.

The facilities at both weddings were fantastic. The room used for the reception was very large, well aired & clean and the staff were like a well-oiled machine serving the food. The evening do was held in an entirely different section of the hotel, which was very private & away from the main reception. There was plenty of seating areas and we had the use of a private bar. All of which was very well looked after and modern in its design. My only slight disappointment was the drink prices - almost £4 for a pint of lager is slightly excessive. However, once again, the service from the staff on hand was fast & efficient. Very impressed.

As for the rooms, I had a standard double, which more than suited my needs. The bedding was fresh, the carpet spotless and everything was well maintained. The beds were also very comfortable and the bathroom was clean.

To summarise, a very well-run, clean, modern, well-equipped hotel, with excellent staff. Thank you to everyone who looked after us.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Alastair L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Southampton - Eastleigh M3,jct13, responded to this review, 24 January 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post the comprehensive review of your recent stay with us when you attended a Wedding reception at the hotel.

I was very pleased to read your kind comments regarding the hotel, its facilities and the staff. It is always a great morale booster to receive positive feedback such as yours and I will be delighted to pass it on to all the staff concerned.

I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 January 2014

Could not fault this hotel - we got a cheap deal and were happy with everything. The young lady on the desk could not have been more helpful, offering paper, wake up call etc, and happily ordering us a taxi.
When we got to our rooom, we were especially pleased , large room, with all facilties you need, especially nice to see wine glasses provided (something that is rare I have found).

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your very positive feedback of your recent stay with us. I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and were very happy with your room.

I hope we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel the next time you are visiting this area.

Yours sincerely,

Bridgend, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 January 2014 via mobile

Good location good room very slow service for food no free with wi fi even in reception or the bar wi fi started at £4 per hour most big chain hotels are free to guests normally The buffet breakfast is very good

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Alastair L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Southampton - Eastleigh M3,jct13, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Dear Steve,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am very sorry that the level of service you received when you dined with us was not up to our usual high standard. On a more positive note I was pleased that you enjoyed the buffet breakfast.

With regard to WiFi, at present we offer free WiFi to our IHG Rewards Club Elite members and from 1st July this will be extended to all IHG Reward Club members.

I do hope you will give us the opportunity to look after you again, should you be staying in this area on some future occasion.

Yours sincerely,

Wales
Reviewed 18 January 2014

Stayed at this hotel on business, and was generally pleased with all aspects of my stay. No complaints and would recommend.

Breakfast and evening meals were of a very good standard. Staff helpful and polite.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Alastair L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Southampton - Eastleigh M3,jct13, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments following your recent stay with us whilst on business. It is always encouraging to receive positive feedback and I will be pleased to pass on your kind comments to all the staff.

I hope you will stay with us again should you be visiting this area in the future.

Alastair Lawson
Also consider these accommodations in or near Eastleigh
Premier Inn Southampton (Eastleigh) Hotel
Holiday Inn Southampton
Holiday Inn Southampton
#16 of 24 in Southampton
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,106 reviews

Been to Holiday Inn Southampton - Eastleigh M3,jct13? Share your experiences!