“Christmas party”

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Eastleigh
club meridiyan mamaris
“Christmas party”
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Fantastic facilities breakfast was fantastic, the evening meal thoe left a lot to be desired , and when I complained I got free wine , but was still hungry !, a free snacks and wine would of been great after all £30 per head you want to be filled up and if you go for a Xmas party ask for the younger DJ the old guy, emptied our room and made the guests gatecrashed the other room

Room Tip: Room 10 was great
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Alastair L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Southampton - Eastleigh M3,jct13, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of your stay with us last December when you attended a Christmas Party.

I appreciate your feedback and will certainly take your comments into account when planning our Christmas parties this year. I would welcome the opportunity to discuss your points in more detail and would appreciate it if you could e-mail me direct at the hotel at: Eastleigh@ihg.com so that I can look into the issues that you have raised in more detail.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Alastair Lawson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Lanark, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Clean, big room. Quiet. Very comfortable bed ( having been up since 4am that may also have helped!)

My Burger served in the bar area was particularly good ( tastier than the one I had a few days later in a more ' up market' establishment).

Very friendly welcome

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at the Holiday Inn Southampton-Eastleigh.

I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the staff friendly and welcoming.

I hope you will stay with us again the next time you are visiting this area.

Yours sincerely,

Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Stopped at the Holiday Inn Express Northampton on Friday night and had a great night with spotless modern rooms with free WIFI and Breakfast.

Then I had 2 rooms booked at the Holiday Inn Eastleigh Last night, 22nd February, one for my wife and myself and the other for my 20 year old son.

First thing we where asked is do we want breakfast, an £11.95 extra, I feel this is expensive considering it was free at the Holiday inn Express and is £4 more than the Premier Inn charge for Breakfast, so said no and we went to the Premier Inn at the airport for breakfast and saved £4 per person, worth doing and a lovely breakfast.

WIFI is free at the Holiday Inn Express, £3.95 for 4 hours at the Holiday Inn Eastleigh' most hotels now offer free WIFI.

Went for a quiet drink at the bar and kids running round all over and parents and staff not bothered, so ended up having a couple of quick drinks and going to our room.

Woken up at 7 am by some young kids running back and forward on the floor above, parents did not have control.

So my first experience of the Holiday Inn Eastleigh is if you have young kids .. great, they can run wild .. if you want to sit at the bar and have a quiet drink, do not bother.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Alastair L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Southampton - Eastleigh M3,jct13, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Dear Mr Johnston,

Further to my recent e-mail to you, I would like to reassure you that the level of cleanliness and service you received is not indicative of our usual high standard.

We do take guest feedback very seriously and I would like to assure you that the issues you have raised have been dealt with and in particular the cleanliness in the bathroom.

I do hope that you will give us the opportunity to look after you on some future occasion, when I am sure you will experience our true level of customer service.

Yours sincerely,

Abruzzo
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,349 helpful votes
Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

Wanting as we did accom before taking the ferry to France we booked a night! Faultless, the staff and in particular Hannah we're very considerate and helpful! We eventually opted to eat over the road in an Indian Restaurant which in turn was very good! I would definitely stay again as a stop over encounter!

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I was very pleased to read that we were able to provide “shelter from the storm” prior to your Ferry trip to France.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and will be happy to pass your kind comments to Hannah, our Reception Manager.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on another occasion, when hopefully the weather will be better!

Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 February 2014

I stay here a lot on business - it is my favourite hotel when I'm in Eastleigh. It's nothing special, but it is a large, spacious, clean hotel with good service, which is exactly the sort of thing I'm after when travelling with business. I've stayed in nicer Holiday Inns, but that does not mean that this one is bad. The staff are all very friendly and helpful. The food is quite expensive, given the quality. There is an Indian restaurant across the road that is far superior for the same money. The draught beer is quite poor, it's often quite flat and tastes like the pumps aren't cleaned very often - so always go for a bottled beer if you stay here.
In conclusion, a clean and functional hotel, but you wouldn't exactly describe it as nice.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Southampton - Eastleigh M3,jct13, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Dear MatthewST,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the food selections prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare
worcestershire uk
Reviewed 4 February 2014

Stayed here on a Friday night in Jan, paid £49.50 for a twin room with breakfast. Great value for full service hotel such as this. Reception staff very helpful with early check in, Breakfast was excellent. I've stayed here a couple of times now, and would highly recommend this hotel if you can get a decent rate.

Room Tip: Back of the hotel, top floor is generally quietest.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Mark,

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your visit when you stayed with us in January and found your rate of £49.50 including breakfast was good value.

We aim to offer competitive rates at all times and if you contact our reservations department at the hotel on: 023 8065 0364, we will always endeavour to find the best rate for you.

I hope you will stay with us again the next time you are visiting the Eastleigh area.

Somerset, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 January 2014

Like all my Holiday Inn stays....of which there are many, I only use them for business, they are not my personal choice for leisure use! This one is actually quite nice. The staff are very friendly and attentive and the homogenous food from the identical UK wide menu is somehow tastier here. The breakfast is better too and the breakfast staff are very helpful.... and have been there for a long time. Rooms are clean. What more can I say.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay with us. I was pleased to read that you enjoy breakfast and find that the staff are all friendly and helpful. It is always encouraging to receive feedback such as yours and I will be very pleased to pass your kind comments on to them.

I hope we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel very soon.

Alastair Lawson
Also consider these accommodations in or near Eastleigh
DoubleTree by Hilton Southampton
#16 of 24 in Southampton
Jurys Inn Southampton
Jurys Inn Southampton
#6 of 24 in Southampton

Been to Holiday Inn Southampton - Eastleigh M3,jct13? Share your experiences!