“Above average Holiday Inn”

Holiday Inn Southampton - Eastleigh M3,jct13
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Eastleigh
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Stayed here a couple of weeks ago. It is actually one of the better Holiday Inns I have stayed in, the public areas have all been refurbished and look smart. Checking was friendly and managed to negotiate a rate, as I had not made a reservation. Room was comfortable, air conditioning which was great. And had a very decent room service at a reasonable price. Hotel does have leisure facilities but I didn't have any suitable clothing with me to use them. Breakfast was a buffet and had full choice or hot items and cold, including a pancake machine. Would I recommend, Yes if you are on the area, and also ideal for families with children, as it is close to Pepper Pig world!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Alastair L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Southampton - Eastleigh M3,jct13, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to fill in your comments on Trip Advisor. I was very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your kind comments regarding the staff and facilities and in particular the buffet breakfast with pancake machine.

Next time you are staying with us I hope you have time to use the leisure facilities. If you don’t have suitable clothing there are swimming trunks etc. on sale there!

I hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the Holiday Inn Southampton-Eastleigh very soon.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

Good location for Peppa Pig world, lovely room which was very clean and had a lovely chair/sofa bed for our 4 year old.
The 'Kids Eat Free' incentive is misleading, however! The food for our daughter was stale, hard & without any healthy choices apart from peas - no salad or any other choice of veg! Garlic bread that you could lose a non-wobbly tooth on, cold soggy fries, chicken nuggets that defied the knife & fork skills of both adults and pizza that could've broken a window. We asked for a portion of salad with plenty of cucumber & were told that they'd run out of cucumber. Awful!

• Stayed: July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Southampton-Eastleigh. I was pleased to read that you liked your room and the sofa bed for your daughter.

I would like to apologise for the disappointment you experienced with the evening meal and particularly the meal for your daughter. Please let me assure you that this is not indicative of our usual standard of service and if you wish to discuss this matter further please e-mail me on: eastleigh@ihg.com with a number where I can contact you.

We value the opinions of all of our customers and our aim is to exceed their expectations; I am sorry that we let you down on this occasion.

I do hope that you will stay with us again so that we can show you our true standard of food and service.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

Stopped here last night en route to Italy tomorrow from Southampton airport. Room was great and fresh and clean. Disappointed though with the restaurant as they served me the wrong meal, the wine was served warm and this morning the breakfast plates at the buffet were dirty, this let the place down badly!! Although we got a good price, would not use this hotel again.

Stayed: July 2014
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Southampton - Eastleigh M3,jct13, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear Avgas1,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your review is vital for improving the service and quality we offer to our valued guest. I am pleased to know that you found our rooms fresh and clean. On the other hand, I am sorry for the inconvenience the restaurant service may have caused you. It is always hugely motivating when one takes the time and trouble to acknowledge or give points for improvement. We hope to get the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future. Thank you once again for your valuable comment, and if you might have any suggestions that will contribute to enhancing your stay, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 24 July 2014

The hotel is a little bit dated in the corridors - the room was fine - staff were really helpful - I asked for an iron and it was brought to the room within 10 minutes - room service food was fine and delivered promptly - room expensive for how basic it is but would stay again if in the area

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank KatieC587

Dear Katie C,

Thank you for your review of your stay with us. I am glad that you found the staff really helpful and that you would stay with us again if you are in the area.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Alastair

Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

As the title suggests we stayed here via a package with peppa pig world tickets with two other families.
Check in was quick painless and friendly. The kids were offered cookies, sweets and drinks free of charge and we're given an activity pack on arrival. A lovely touch.

Room was clean, a decent size, with air con. Didn't notice any noise from other guests. Bathroom spotless with nice toiletries complimentary.

My family used the pool and I heard no grumbles about it, but I was disappointed to find it closed at 9pm when I went down for a relaxing jacuzzi after the kids were tucked up in bed. It's a shame it closed early on a Sunday -the very day when you need that little extra something to unwind after a busy week.

The bar area was nice and prices as you would expect in a hotel. Friendly staff.

Dinner was a bit disappointing. Although it's great that kids had a free buffet, the adult menu was over priced for what it was-average pub food but the service (by Ben) was brilliant, with friendly banter and welcoming manner.

Breakfast was great though, lots of types of booster seats for different aged kids and plenty of space. Service good and friendly swith plenty of choice of food. The pastries were especially yummy- which I usually find disappointing in hotels.

Check out was simple and friendly.

I don't know what else is in the aren't peppa pig world was 15-20mins down the motorway. A really easy journey.

Would heartily recommend, to families especially.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank mongoose246

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to place a review of your recent stay with us. I was delighted to read that you and your family enjoyed your stay.

I hope that we will be able to welcome you back should you be visiting this area again.

Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Just one night stay for a business trip. Nice size room, clean and air-conditioned. Good to have hypo- allergenic non-feather bedding without having to ask.
Staff friendly and good service at reception and restaurant.
Dinner was same tired Holiday Inn menu, trying to be too American diner and failing, but it's the same menu across the chain so not the hotels fault. I do object to paying 5.95 for a bowl of warmed up carton soup though.
There is a gym and pool but did not use it.
Only complaint is the walls are so thin you can hear your neighbours toilet habits, not pleasant at any time of day/night.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review following your stay with us.

I was pleased you liked the hypo allergenic non-feather bedding and hope you enjoyed a good nights’ sleep.

I am sorry to read that there were other aspects of your stay that were disappointing. We do try our utmost to put our guests at the heart of everything we do and I am sorry that your stay did not meet your expectations. If you would like to discuss your review in more detail, please do not hesitate to contact me on eastleigh@ihg.com with a telephone number or e-mail address.

I do hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to the Holiday Southampton-Eastleigh in the future.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

We stayed here after a family party and were very pleased with the hotel.

We have stayed in a number of Holiday Inn hotels and this was one of the best. The rooms were well sound-proofed - we did not hear our neighbours at all. Even though the hotel is on a busy road, and we were facing the road, traffic noise was minimal. The air-con worked well and the room was clean and well lit. The bed was comfortable - something that is very important for a good nights sleep.

There is wifi - but not free, It is worth joining the IHG Rewards programme - which is free - as you can then get complimentary wifi in your room.

Breakfast was good - we were not down early, but there was still plenty of food available. The staff were polite and helpful.

The party was held in the hotel and we were quite impressed with the room and buffet. Our only real complaint was the knowledge of the bar staff for the party bar - they were not used to serving drinks such as a 'white wine spritzer' - usually made with white wine and soda water - not lemonade! Also drinks were put into warm glasses - not very good .

We would stay here again if we were in the area and would not hesitate to recommend it to others.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Alastair L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Southampton - Eastleigh M3,jct13, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear Guest,

I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay with us after your family party and enjoyed breakfast the following day.

I am very sorry that you were not served your white wine spritzer with soda and that the glasses were warm. Please be assured that I have discussed your comments with my Restaurant Manager who will carry out appropriate retraining with his staff.

I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel the next time you are visiting this area.

Alastair Lawson

Also consider these accommodations in or near Eastleigh
Holiday Inn Express Southampton M27 Jct 7
Travelodge Southampton Eastleigh
Premier Inn Southampton Airport Hotel
Best Western Chilworth Manor Hotel
Travelodge Eastleigh Central
DoubleTree by Hilton Southampton

Been to Holiday Inn Southampton - Eastleigh M3,jct13? Share your experiences!