“Family Friendly.... I don't think I'd stay here for business”

Holiday Inn Southampton - Eastleigh M3,jct13
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Eastleigh
Polperro, United Kingdom
“Family Friendly.... I don't think I'd stay here for business”
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Excellent set up for Families. However thankfully our floor was executive floor, so not too many other children.
Breakfast can be really really busy, so get there early or with plenty of time. The restaurant has bumper seats for kiddies, and a excellent free kiddie meal with an adult purchase. We stayed as we were attending a family function, and using the opportunity to visit Peppa Pig world.
Highly recommend this hotel for a peppa pig world stay, maybe not if I was travelling for business.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank fiona h
Alastair L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Southampton - Eastleigh M3,jct13, responded to this review, 8 September 2014
Dear Fiona,

I appreciate you taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Southampton-Eastleigh.

I was very pleased to read that you all enjoyed your stay and found the hotel family friendly with good facilities for children.

I do hope that you will stay with us again the next time you are visiting this area.

Alastair Lawson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
High Wycombe
Reviewed 20 August 2014

This was our second stay here, pre cruise from Southampton. Whilst the rooms are air conditioned and very clean, the beds are uncomfortable, mattress seem old, and not good quality and need replacing. This hotel is used by all sorts of guests, from those going to Peppa Pig World, wedding guests, coach parties (there was a large german group in at breakfast) and pre holiday guests. Breakfast was very busy and it was difficult to get a waitress to refill our coffee cups.
When we returned to our car in the carpark's disabled bays, the following morning, we were dismayed to see empty glasses and sick around our car, come on Holiday Inn imporove your standards, get someone to check early morning, that all is clean and tidy. Will think twice about staying here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Elizabeth526
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Southampton - Eastleigh M3,jct13, responded to this review, 5 September 2014
Dear Elizabeth526,

Thank you so much for your feedback. While we are pleased to read that you liked our clean rooms, we sincerely apologize for the disappointment you had with our mattress and queue during breakfast. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate department. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences.

Again, thank you for your review and we hope you do choose to give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations in the future.

Kind Regards,

Charisse V.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Barnstaple, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here on Saturday night as part of a Peppa Pig World package. Hotel was easy to find and check in was easy. I am a IHG rewards customer but was unable to get any of the benefits or rewards as I had booked a package rather than direct with the hotel. Part of the package included a children's welcome pack which we received but no balloon as the package stated? The package also included milk and cookies at bed time for our daughter, again we never received this? I will email the Paultons park direct about this. We had booked a standard triple room which was ok but small. Children's sofa beds are very out of date and I did not like the metal edges, not great for little arms and legs, these need to be replaced sooner rather than later. Despite having booked a triple room we were only provided with 2 glasses and the same for tea/coffee. I called reception and these were sent straight up. Selling point of the hotel for us was the pool which was very welcome after a day in the park. We ate onsite in the restaurant. Our daughter dined free but to be honest the children Buffett was dire. 90% processed food provided and nothing "fresh" about it all. I would rather have paid and got her a nice meal. Our server Chris was very helpful with the meals although they took over 45 mins to arrive, I counted 9 tables in use? Not sure why the delay? My daughter fell asleep in my arms whilst we were waiting as it seemed forever. In hindsight we should have ordered room service where our daughter could have had freshly cooked food and if the service was slow we could have laid her on the bed to sleep. Breakfast the next morning was a fiasco, we arrived about 8:45 after another swim, the kitchen clearly cannot cope with the rush and several items were empty for quite some time on the hot Buffett, again I waited over 20mins for poached eggs whilst my husband and daughter had already finished eating. Would we stay again? No I don't think so, apart from the pool there was not enough to make us return. I would try another hotel.

Stayed August 2014
2 Thank ScubamommaDevon
Dear ScubamommaDevon,

Thank you for being an IHG Rewards Club member and for leaving us a feedback about your stay. We appreciate you bringing your concerns to our attention, and sincerely apologize that this was not an exemplary hotel stay experience. Rest assured your review will be used to consider improvements needed and we hope you give us another chance to show you how great our hotel is and allow us to redeem your faith in our award winning service.

Charisse V
Case Manager
IHGCare
Gravesend, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for one night as part of a peppa pig package.
The hotel staff were kind,helpful and friendly.
We used the swimming pool after an all day visit to peppa pig world and our little boy loved it.
The rooms were clean and spacious and well equipped.
The food for adults was to a good standard and the the breakfast was lovely with a wide range to choose from however the kids buffet was in my opinion very poor! It was minimal and the pasta was dry and un appetising and the chicken dippers were hard! The mash potato was stodgy. Our son struggled to eat any of it. Apart from that we were happy with our choice of accommodation

Stayed August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your taking the time to post your feedback of your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Eastleigh.

I was very pleased to read that you found the staff friendly and helpful and that your little boy loved the swimming pool.

Please accept my apologies that the kids buffet was disappointing. I would like to assure you that this is not the standard that we normally offer and I am very sorry that we let you down on this on this occasion. Retraining is taking place with our kitchen and restaurant staff to ensure that an appetising selection of food is offered at all times.

I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel should you be visiting this area again.

dorset
Reviewed 13 August 2014

We went for the 1 night + 8 days car parking package at £147. (you keep your own car keys, blue badge holders will need to park their cars in normal bays, not the disabled bays). Check in was very quick. Room was as any hotel should be, nice and clean. TV has about 6 channels, CBBC included, no free internet, very good power shower with plenty of hot water, complimentary tea/coffee, very good air conditioning, comfortable bed, sound proofing was also good. We did not use the restaurant, bar or swimming pool.
Taxi to go to Southampton airport came promptly at time requested, no payment needed, just a signature requested by the taxi driver.
On arrival, after picking up your baggages, you need to phone the taxi (Holiday Inn should have given you a docket with phone number and the docket number) and wait in the short stay car park drop off area (just where the taxi has dropped you off) and wait for the taxi to come and pick you up. They will then drop you off in front of the hotel, where you just proceed to your car.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank nindita
Alastair L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Southampton - Eastleigh M3,jct13, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a comprehensive review of your stay, which I am sure will be of great use to future travellers.

I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Southampton-Eastleigh, the next time you are travelling from Southampton Airport or the cruise terminal.

Rhondda Cynon Taff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed in one of the Executive rooms as part of the Cruise Package on 24/7.

When we arrived early there were no rooms available. Then other guests arrived andnwere allocate rooms so we managed to check in anlittle early.
The reception staff were friendly and helpful and arranged a taxi to take us to and from the cryise terminal. The driver that took us to the cruise terminal was on time and delightful.

We ordered room service and the food was a little pricey but very tasty so no issues there.
Breakfast was self self and cooked well.
Altogethet a worthwhile stay.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank RCtrchy
Dear Richard,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us before travelling on a cruise from Southampton.

I am glad that you found the reception staff friendly and helpful and that the taxi arrangements to take you to the docks worked well.

I hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel the next time you are cruising from Southampton.

south wales
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We stayed here part of a family trip to peppy pig world. You would get better value at premier inn. The rooms are basic with a settee bed in a double room ready in case you want a family room my son and I did enjoy the cooked breakfast . The pool was ok, the gym was not in good working order we all went out for the evening meal to Nandos which was much cheaper and good value.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Ambulanceman
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Southampton-Eastleigh.

I was very sorry to read that your stay did not meet your expectations and that you were disappointed with your room. We strive to offer the highest standard of service at all times and I am sorry that we let you down on this occasion.

I hope that you will give us a second chance and come and stay with us again, should you be visiting this area in the future.

Alastair Lawson
Also consider these accommodations in or near Eastleigh
DoubleTree by Hilton Southampton
#16 of 24 in Southampton
Jurys Inn Southampton
Jurys Inn Southampton
#6 of 24 in Southampton

Been to Holiday Inn Southampton - Eastleigh M3,jct13? Share your experiences!