“Lost opportunity”

Eastleigh Lakeside Railway
Ranked #2 of 19 things to do in Eastleigh
More attraction details
Owner description: This dual gauge miniature railway takes visitors on a 20 minute round trip ride between Eastleigh Parkway and Monks Brook Halt, providing an opportunity to visit the lakes, children's playground and picnic areas adjacent to the Halt.
Reviewed 29 July 2013

This could have been a great place to go and take kids - instead it has poor food, poor facilities, shoddy service and was dirty and messy when we went. The trains run - but that is all that can be said of the place. I wouldn't go twice and had I known I would not have gone once. Oh, and the toilets were dirty.
In fairness to this un-attraction, it is completely representative of Eastleigh; don't go unless you must, and leave as soon as possible is the best advice I could give for Eastleigh. Go to Salisbury, or Arundel!

All reviews
"love trains"
"decent length"
"small cafe on site"

Reviewed 29 July 2013

I do not go here very often but if you have children or perhaps you are a big kid at heart go and have a ride on the train, you drive through the park and have all the experience of the old steam train but in miniature, my grand daughter loved it ( and so did I)

1  Thank beatricew410
Reviewed 21 July 2013

Found this by accident while killing time waiting to book into our hotel. Lovely little train and park and nice place to walk.

Reviewed 11 July 2013

I took my neice and newphew. . . .they loved the train rides and we did several laps of the lake. . .the cafe is very friendly with child friendly food and the basics for adults. .
We visited in the winter so wellies were a must as walking round the lake at times is bogy!! But kids loved it!!

See more reviews
Reviewed 24 June 2013 via mobile

We went here on Father's Day after lunch to have a walk around the lake and ended up booking a trip on one of the trains. It was not too expensive. There was a choice between sitting outside astride a bench type seat or going first class ie sitting under cover facing each other - only enough room for two per carriage however! It was great fun and we did the return trip on a steam engine! There are also electric engines with the most modern being the Eurostar! There isn't much to see on the way round other than views of the park although there is a long tunnel to go through on the way back which the kids loved. Wouldn't rush back to do it again but it was a fun first time experience!