Brambridge Park Garden Centre Restaurant
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 27 May 2014

The food is ok here (fairly standard cafe fare and not particulalry cheap) but the layout to order food is a nightmare with queues forming quickly and alot of staff rushing around to no great avail! We queued forever yesterday and assumed the cafe would be full but actually was half emtpy. They would take alot more money if they could get the queuing/ordering/paying section sorted out.

In the a small but nice play area for small children inside and out to keep them amused.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

I don't like queuing for my food, I don't like the food, I used to go there a lot with friends and family but we rarely bother now. Jacket potatoes are always over cooked first time and reheated. It is always busy so obviously not many people agree with me. Great location.

Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

Visited a couple of months ago to shop and eat, always find a bargain here!, good variety of food on offer, nicer in the summer when the weather is good enough to sit outside. Easy to park and is only 2 minutes from the river!

Reviewed 23 April 2014

We regularly meet at this restaurant as a group of friends to have either coffee or lunch. There is plenty of room to sit, indoors, outdoors, at tables or easy chairs. The food is of a very good quality and the range of cakes/pastries is lovely. Often I stop for coffee first, look around, buy bits and pieces and then have another drink or food before I leave.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

Lunched here today with my mother and 12 year old daughter. It was busy as it always is and queuing is the norm. I had the fish pie, mother had a jacket and my vegetarian daughter opted for the childrens vegetarian pasta meal. We waited more than 20 minutes for our meals to be brought to the table and to her credit the manageress did apologise. The fish pie was great if a little dry and the accompanying veg was largely tasteless apart from the courgettes. Mother enjoyed her Jacket potato. The childrens Vegetarian pasta was dreadful, the pasta (penne) wasn't cooked and was accompanied by a large quantity of fried /boiled ? mushrooms, some red pepper and some soggy onion. No sauce of any description was present. I can't imagine this was the dish it was supposed to be, not many children like mushrooms or peppers. I complained and again the manageress apologised, refunded the cost of the childrens meal (£5.95) and provided a free pudding. My daughter didn't get an apology and was a little upset as well as not feeling too well after eating some of the pasta dish. All in all not a great experience. My mother and I have lunched here many times and largely have been pleased with the food although it has never been exceptional. I guess that given the setting you shouldn't expect any Michelin stars but I do think it could be better.