All reviews harvester restaurant next door ham farm car park travel lodge breakfast box on arrival water pressure budget hotel regular basis pleasant stay night's sleep a ground floor room family room first floor bed was very comfortable lady on reception
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Our room was filthy, and freezing cold. We had no hot water, when my husband brought this to the attention of the lady on reception her response was 'well nobody else has complained so it cant be that bad!' One of the days our room was not cleaned at all.
The toilet was stained, the bath was filthy. The whole room smelt of damp, and we could hear doors being slammed all night.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Laura M
TravelodgeUK, Dianne from Customer Care at Travelodge Southampton Eastleigh, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

We are really sorry to learn of your disappointment Laurabathmilford. Our housekeeping staff are expected to ensure all our rooms are cleaned to a specific high standard throughout your stay so it is regrettable to learn that this did not happen on this occasion. We do expect our guests to have continued access to hot water during their stay so we would like to apologise that this was not the case, we would also expect our staff to provide high levels of customer care and be able to identify and resolve issues which may arise. We would like to further understand the issues you have highlighted to find a resolution. Please could you visit our website and select the Contact Us button to provide us with more details and when doing so please specify you have left a TripAdvisor review.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

We stayed for 4 nights at the Travelodge at Ham Farm, Eastleigh and were extremely disappointed. The hotel itself was basic, which I guess you expect for the price but the standard of the housekeeping was appalling. The toilet was not cleaned properly for 3 days, the bed was not made properly, the towels were thrown on the rails with no care and attention. There were no toiletries provided - perhaps this is standard for the cheaper travel lodge but this was not made clear at the time of booking so we did not have shampoo or soap with us to use so had to go out and purchase toiletries on the first night. Not particularly convenient when we arrived at 8.30 at night. I would not stay here again, and I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. If you are staying in the Eastleigh area, the Premier Inn Gateway by Junction 13 of the M3 is a much nicer, cleaner and professionally run hotel. I suggest you stay there.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank PAE381
TravelodgeUK, Amy from Customer Care at Travelodge Southampton Eastleigh, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

We are sorry to learn that your room was not up to our expected high standards of cleanliness PAE381 . Our housekeeping are to ensure all rooms are clean and fresh and they are to replenish essentials every day and make up our guest’s beds for them. As a brand standard our hotels do not provide toiletries and we often find our customers prefer to bring their own, however if you should forget any items we do provide a vending machine at reception stocked with toiletries. We will be sure to pass on your feedback to our hotel management team so that are aware of the improvements that need to be made.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

It has been a while since I have stayed in a travel lodge but with the new decor I was very impressed. The room was spacious and the bed was very comfortable. This is a quiet location but still near to the motorway so a great stop off point. Only issue I had was finding a parking space on my return from a meal out as the car park was full and there were many 'white vans' taking up more than one space.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 November 2013

We stayed at the Travel Lodge for 2 nights as we were going to our Nephews graduation in Southampton, we booked two rooms a twin for my sister in law and her son and a double for me and my husband, the rooms were of a high quality and excellent value for the money.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Stayed for one night while visiting family, room was large very clean and comfortable bed, only downside only two tea bags and two coffees so if we had arrived earlier we would have had to go back to reception to request more for the morning. I am sure for the price of the room they could afford to supply little more refreshment a hot chocolate and a biscuit would have been nice.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple