I chose to stay at this hotel as it had onsite parking and I was travelling in a car which was full of various bits & pieces. I'd stayed here before, many years ago so knew about the parking and the Harvester restaurant next door.
The first thing though is that it is not so easy to find as it isn't obvious where it is. It helps to know that it's behind the Harvester as that is the sign that you see and not necessarily the Travelodge one.
The rooms are very large in comparison to other hotels and are very comfortable. The new updated beds are also very good.
The WiFi is just £3,-- for 24hrs which I'm willing to pay here. Fine, it could be free but you have to consider the price you're paying for the room. All the other hotels I looked at in this area were charging between £77 & £81, this Travelodge charged £47 so an additional £3 is OK.
The one disadvantage I found though was that the restaurant next door didn't open early enough for breakfast and the only alternative was either to take a so-called "Breakfast Box" from the hotel (not too sure what's in it) or drive somewhere else. I chose the latter and drove 5mins down the road to a well-known chain of places that served breakfast from 07.00 onwards.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As you come up or down Twyford Road look for the large Harvester Sign and you gain access to us by entering through The Harvester and follow the road round. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Travelodge Hotels Ltd so you can book your Travelodge Southampton Eastleigh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Travelodge Southampton Eastleigh Hotel Eastleigh
- Travel Lodge Eastleigh
- Travelodge Eastleigh
- Eastleigh Travelodge
- Eastleigh Travel Lodge
- Travelodge Southampton Eastleigh Hampshire