“Convenient Hotel”

Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Eastleigh
Pleurtuit, France
“Convenient Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

I chose to stay at this hotel as it had onsite parking and I was travelling in a car which was full of various bits & pieces. I'd stayed here before, many years ago so knew about the parking and the Harvester restaurant next door.

The first thing though is that it is not so easy to find as it isn't obvious where it is. It helps to know that it's behind the Harvester as that is the sign that you see and not necessarily the Travelodge one.
The rooms are very large in comparison to other hotels and are very comfortable. The new updated beds are also very good.
The WiFi is just £3,-- for 24hrs which I'm willing to pay here. Fine, it could be free but you have to consider the price you're paying for the room. All the other hotels I looked at in this area were charging between £77 & £81, this Travelodge charged £47 so an additional £3 is OK.
The one disadvantage I found though was that the restaurant next door didn't open early enough for breakfast and the only alternative was either to take a so-called "Breakfast Box" from the hotel (not too sure what's in it) or drive somewhere else. I chose the latter and drove 5mins down the road to a well-known chain of places that served breakfast from 07.00 onwards.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Gogif

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Kent
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

Good place to stop over during the week for work. Tried a few budget stop overs in this area now and this is probably the best so far.

No proper breakfast option which is never popular with me!!

Decent pub and restaurant next door.

Not a lot else to say!!

Room Tip: Ground floor is ok I couldn't hear any noise above.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
S East England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

Room very clean , a very quiet night even though we had a front (road ) facing room. parents who stayed in a rear facing view even had a pleasant view. All the staff were very helpful and the bed so comfortable (more so than a premier inn we stayed in the following night!)

the only thing to be aware of is the harvester does not serve breakfast in the week, but 5 mins drive away is an excellent Weatherspoons which does a good breakfast from early in the morning.

Room Tip: rear facing nicer view
1 Thank gardeninggirl
Tunbridge Wells
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

Grim room, smoky smell coming from the smoking area directing outside our ground floor window, dirty bathroom with thick black patches on inside rim and large stain on the double beds bed sheets. I would not take my family there again. Avoid.

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

TravelodgeUK, Nicolas from Customer Services at Travelodge Southampton Eastleigh, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
We are very sorry to learn that you were unhappy with your stay with us with regards to the cleanliness of your room Gemma K. We require our staff to follow a strict routine in the cleaning of our rooms and linen, and we would expect them to be cleaned and maintained to our high standards. We are sorry for the experience you had with us and would like to investigate the concerns that you have raised. Please could you visit our website and select the Contact Us button to tell us more and when doing so please indicate you have left a TripAdvisor review.
New Romney, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

The staff were friendly and helpful, as is usual for all the Travelodges I have stayed at.
Its worth getting there early before the White Vans, so you can park directly outside or you have to park at the Harvester Car park, which is next door.. I arrived at 7pm and got the last space apart from the disabled, which I later noticed was used by a White Van!!
The room was clean and comfortable, apart from the plastic chair, which I was supposed to sit at to use my PC, I had to sit on 2 pillows to use the PC comfortably at the desk. The fan in the bathroom was on all night and the door would not close (room 113) I was told nothing could be done to turn it off that night, but was assured it would be fixed. I did eventually get to sleep and even though I was in the front of the building I could not hear any road noise and was not woken by the white vans leaving either. It is probably one of the best Travelodges I have stayed at so far. The Harvester next door was very good with excellent service.

Room Tip: Make sure the fan in the bathroom has been fixed and does not stay on all night and the bathroom doo...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

Rather than a manic drive back from Portsmouth which would have resulted in us driving through most of the night we decided instead to take an overnight break.

We booked a family room for the night.

When we arrived the room was spotless and the beds were all made up.

We had a great nights sleep.

It is a secluded, peaceful spot and we will definitely stop again next time we venture that way.

Plymouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

Great welcome from the staff. Pleasant and cheerful atmosphere. Jason and Moshi are brilliant. Full of information and very helpful. Room was spotless and bed was very comfortable and clean. Easily rivaled Premier Inn.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Also consider these accommodations in or near Eastleigh
Premier Inn Southampton (Eastleigh) Hotel
Days Inn Southampton Rownhams
Days Inn Southampton Rownhams
#18 of 24 in Southampton
Ellington Lodge at the Concorde Club

Been to Travelodge Southampton Eastleigh? Share your experiences!