“Not too impressed”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Went here fairly late in the afternoon, not impressed with the quality or varity of food, only warm, and not much choice.

3  Thank PJC782

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

We went for lunch and it was poor, the buffet was lacking choice, variety and a good chef - I would not eat here again

6  Thank Zoe B
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Having walked past the restaurant on several occasions in the past we eventually thought we would try it as from the outside it seemed to look quite nice, how wrong we were! The waitress was friendly enough as she showed us to our seats and explained how the Sunday buffet operated but that's as good as it gets! The food was utterly disgusting! There was very little choice and what was there had a greasy film over it which led me to believe it had been there a while. Everything basically tasted the same... Of nothing! Most things were floating in a non descript red runny sauce. What also put me off was the chef who kept walking out into the buffet area and continually hocking up phlegm into his mouth! We left the restaurant fairly swiftly but the final insult was when trying to pay. The waitress had to put my card through the card machine 3 times until she got it right... Then blamed me! I will have to wait to find out if I have been charged 3 times for the worst food I have ever eaten. One word sums it all up....AVOID!

5  Thank Dannyjohnclark
Reviewed 14 May 2014

went there midweek, evening buffet. was pretty disappointing from what I have experienced in different places. Buffet looked sad, really, no nice display, no soup bowls, the signs for the food were unreadable, cleaning equipment like clothes and spray were left on the buffet!side. staff seemed rather unmotivated. place was half empty, despite that it was very humid in the place. If you order drinks they just drop off empty glasses without further explanation that it is a refill. Food just average. it tasted ok, but it lacked the detail and presentation and was more like cater the masses. sushi was served right beside the cheap pudding section, which was pretty much clotted cream put on different kind of bought in cookies and decorated with some random fruit. Nothing homemade there. All in all i was very disappointed and will not go there again.

3  Thank rosaparks
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Third time for us at this all-you-can-eat Chinese buffet. Seven of us were seated straight away for a late Sunday lunch. A good selection - like what you's expect from a take-away, but presented well and continuously topped up. Even a small selection of sushi to try. Helpful staff and some lovely details in the decor - son liked the fish pond in the entrance. Wish we lived closer - we'd visit more frequently.