“1st visit wont be my last”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Real China - CLOSED

The Real China
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Eastleigh, United Kingdom
“1st visit wont be my last”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Lovely staff but they do need to let you know what to do, I thought you was only allowed up to the buffet once so was putting starters and main on same plate.
Was then told you can go up as much as you like.
Whenever I get a Chinese always scared to get something different in case I don't like it but because you can get little bits of everything from starters to mains to desserts you really can try new things just don't get too much because you do get charged for waste after all you can go up again.
Food was fabulous so will be back

Eastleigh, United Kingdom
“Lovely food at a great price”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I'd heard the Real China had gone downhill but I was pleasantly surprised. The food was lovely, there was plenty to choose from and the desserts were heaven! For £12.95 on a Saturday night and free refills on soft drinks it's great value, definitely worth a visit!

1 Thank Alli P
“Not too impressed”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Went here fairly late in the afternoon, not impressed with the quality or varity of food, only warm, and not much choice.

• Visited January 2014
3 Thank PJC782
Eastleigh, United Kingdom
“Food is BAD, service not much better.”
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

We went for lunch and it was poor, the buffet was lacking choice, variety and a good chef - I would not eat here again

• Visited March 2014
6 Thank Zoe B
Southampton, United Kingdom
“The worst Chinese restaurant I have ever visited!”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Having walked past the restaurant on several occasions in the past we eventually thought we would try it as from the outside it seemed to look quite nice, how wrong we were! The waitress was friendly enough as she showed us to our seats and explained how the Sunday buffet operated but that's as good as it gets! The food was utterly disgusting! There was very little choice and what was there had a greasy film over it which led me to believe it had been there a while. Everything basically tasted the same... Of nothing! Most things were floating in a non descript red runny sauce. What also put me off was the chef who kept walking out into the buffet area and continually hocking up phlegm into his mouth! We left the restaurant fairly swiftly but the final insult was when trying to pay. The waitress had to put my card through the card machine 3 times until she got it right... Then blamed me! I will have to wait to find out if I have been charged 3 times for the worst food I have ever eaten. One word sums it all up....AVOID!

5 Thank Dannyjohnclark