“A ship sending a SOS!”

Add it.
The Arrow
Ranked #107 of 128 Restaurants in Eastleigh
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We visited on a Saturday lunchtime, it was very quiet, no surprise really.

The barmaid was really nice and friendly, shame about everything else.

The decor looks like it's mid refurb, but most peculiar. Wires hanging off the walls, half the lights not working, dreadful wallpaper, even worse carpet, and the floor, tables and menus were dirty too. The seats are uncomfortable, boards covered with the same revolting carpet as the floor.

No character or ambiance to this place at all. It's as cosy and welcoming as a 1970's run down village hall!

The food was nearly average, considering, very nice chips and peas. Don't order the quarter chicken! It was a first for me, my chicken was so overcooked it shattered when I cut into it, inedible. The landlord/chef walked swiftly past us and asked if the food was ok as he continued walking, shame he didn't pause for an answer. I mentioned it when we left, and was told the chef would be informed, a small refund or free drink would have been a nice gesture.

The menu is way to big, no wonder the food isn't even up to being average. Having about 20% of the menu items might give the chef a fighting chance.

Shame it's such a wasted opportunity. WIth a large population so local to this pub I'm sure it could be a great place, due to the decor, poor food, and lack of care in general I have a feeling it's always going to be quiet and will struggle.

3  Thank JessicaTodd