“Not sure what people expect!?”
Review of Nando's

Nando's
Ranked #22 of 133 Restaurants in Eastleigh
Reviewed 4 March 2014

After a cancelled flight at Southampton airport (1 mile down the road, so this restaurant is very handy) I needed to find somewhere to eat fast.

My visit took all of 20/30 minutes, during which time I had olives, half a chicken, 2 sides and a refillable drink. The food came very, which was what I wanted, expected (from Nandos, despite other reviews here) and was very hot (temperature hot).

I was asked 2/3 times if everything was OK, or I wanted/needed anything else.

All in all, a typical Nandos visit, I have been to quite a few as I work up and down the country and it's healthier and as fast as McD's, BK or KFC.

I am not sure what the other reviewers expect of a Nandos. I wouldn't normally review one, but felt compelled to when I saw how bad some of the reviews were when I was looking for a restaurant near the airport. My experience was all good, I only gave it 4 stars because it is a Nandos and not a fancy restaurant.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

My daughter dragged me kicking and screaming to Nandos in Eastleigh. I am not a fan of chicken, but she loves it and so does her mother, and it was her evening out.

We arrived on a Saturday evening at about 6 pm and the place was busy. A twenty minute wait for a table, which was fine - at least the place is popular!

Ona previous visit the portions have been small and the spicing of the chicken very weak. Not so this time! I made the mistake of ordering half a chicken in "hot" spice, which really was VERY hot, and the portion was too much for me, no complaint there!

Staff were casual (as is the whole ethos of Nandos), courteous and efficient. I was surprised by how many other families and older people were there, it seems targeted more at teenagers, and for which it is a fabulous venue.

Probably not a place for formal dining, as it does promote a casual atmosphere, but for a chilled experience, if you like chicken, it is kickin!

My only issue is they don't take reservations on a Saturday night, so you have to wait to be seated, and being so popular that can be a longish wait.

Reviewed 28 February 2014 via mobile

Food was tasty as expected. only problem was very slow service for a fast food restaurant. Chips were cold when arrived but this was quickly and politely remedied with a replacement.

Reviewed 14 February 2014 via mobile

Went to Nando's three weeks in a row, one Tuesday and two Sunday evenings, and every time they didn't have what we wanted. Either wings, butterfly chicken, rice. Not once offered any apologies (staff tell you like it's completely normal) and barely an apology mumbled. So I've stopped going now. It's just another chain, that treats the customers like they're on a conveyor belt, and if you're disappointed with anything, tough.

Reviewed 4 February 2014

Nandos is the worst value restaurant I have ever been to for £10.45 (that was just the meal no drinks) all I got on my plate was a pathetic excuse for a chicken wrap it was tiny with hardly any chicken in it and the side order of mash was barely two table spoons full and it was tasteless I left there still hungry. I won't ever be going back what a rip off.