“It does what it says on the tin” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Premier Inn Southampton (Eastleigh) Hotel

Premier Inn Southampton (Eastleigh) Hotel
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Eastleigh
Ogmore-by-Sea, United Kingdom
“It does what it says on the tin”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2012

Perfectly fine for a budget hotel and very convenient for our 1 night stop over. Clean, comfortable, good size room, adequate facilities and comfortable beds. Quiet room, good sleep quality even though it was next to a motorway slip road.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Cheltenham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2012

Having stayed at this Premier inn before we knew the location was perfect for our purpose. We use Premier inn a great deal in general as we have a 2 year old and it's perfect for families.
The hotel was recently refurbished and extremely clean and well equipped. We ate dinner and breakfast in the neighbouring restaurant (Table Table) which was good value.
Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank kt31Cheltenham
Silver end
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2012

We booked this to take my two year old to Peppa pig world at paultons park. We would normally stay at a Hilton, but it didn't get very good reviews so we stayed here. Checking in was fine, the lady on reception helpful. Booking us a table at the attached resturant for later that evening and giving me a lolly for my sleeping daughter. We were warned that the rooms were warm and that there was a fan in there and we could have another if we needed it. We also saw a note in the room about having a sheet rather than a duvet which we had.

The room was far too hot, even with the window open and the fan on. The window was open all night but the noise from the road didn't really bother us. The fan was far too noisey to have on all night, although it could have stayed on for all the sleep that we got. Two nights staying here made my husband and my self feel very ill and my usually well behaved two year to become a monster! The hotel has recently undergone so work and I couldn't fault the cleanliness, but to not add air con to the rooms seems like madness!

Unfortuently I rate my sleep and I didn't get any here. The "good nights sleep guarantee" seems to mean very little to this company.

Room Tip: Stay else where!!!
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Whitbread-77, Naina - Social Media at Premier Inn Southampton (Eastleigh) Hotel, responded to this review, 18 October 2012
Thank you for your review.

It really matters to us that our guests have a comfortable nights sleep, and we sincerely apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this.

We are well aware of the issue of high room temperatures. Air conditioning units being installed in our hotels is a work in progress and implemented into our estate on a priority basis.

In the meantime the management team at the hotel have done all they can to help reduce room temperatures.

Please be assured your comments have been noted and will be fully investigated.
Once again thank you for your review, we look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn in the future.

Naina
Social Media Team

Whitbread Hotels & Restaurants.
Cornwall
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2012

ok so its premier inn so no real surprises - its location is right under the motorway so noisy Winfrey word but the sound proofing is adequate but with no aircon a little intolerable - the associated eatery is a standard Whitbread pub and the food was reasonably tasty but took a fair while to arrive, 30 minutes - the staff were young and not particularly well organised but they were reasonably polite and friendly. Rooms have been updated so no complaints there

would I stay again/recommend? No not really try and find somewhere with some soul and not connected to a motorway

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Rochester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2012

This Premier Inn is stated to have been recently refurbished and does not disappoint. Our room was quiet and with the windows closed very little sound was observed. Two fans were provided if the weather behaves strangely

Room Tip: Can't say much here as we have only stayed in one room so far. however we will be back. it is ha...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Malcolm F
Bishop's Stortford
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2012

Stayed for one night, 9th September, before catching ferry to the Isle of Wight. Had read on TripAdvisor that the rooms were very hot and suffered from road noise but thought as the weather wasn’t that hot it wouldn’t affect us that much. Unfortunately that was not the case. The receptionist, think her name was Marie or Maria, was very helpful in trying to find us a less noisy/hot room (went into three rooms!) but unfortunately it would seem that the position of the hotel between motorway, side roads etc means that all rooms are noisy and as they are all also very hot means that you do need to keep your window open at all times, thus having to put up with the noise. All of this unfortunately meant that I didn’t get a particularly good night’s sleep because of the constant traffic noise and when I did close the window I was extremely hot. Did however get some sleep. The poor reception staff obviously know this is a problem as I am sure Whitbread do. As the rooms appear to have been recently refurbished I cannot understand why someone did not think to put in air conditioning units at that time because once the window is closed the road noise is greatly reduced. Rooms do have fans but again these are noisy when you are trying to sleep. Any comment Whitbread?

The rooms are in the usual Premier Inn format and ours was very clean. We thought the bed was extremely comfortable.

We ate in the restaurant on the Meal Deal plan (ie 3 course dinner, drink and full breakfast) and found this to be very good value. The staff at dinner did seem a bit under pressure. The first table we were shown to had an unhappy baby on the next table so opted for a different table but unfortunately that had a screaming toddler with an equally loud mother nearby. When our waitress appeared we asked if there was any other table available without children nearby but were told that there was nothing else. Not convinced that was the case. Never mind; thankfully toddler and mother left very soon afterwards. Nothing against children just don’t want them screaming within earshot when I’m eating. Even though we had booked for dinner, before we arrived, there did not appear to have been a table reserved for us. Our waitress was not particularly happy when she first served us but I jollied her along and that seemed to work as she seemed to be in a better mood when she came back to take our order. We did seem to wait some time for our first course but it didn’t really matter as we weren’t going anywhere and were in no particular hurry. Trouble is that this seems to be happening to us a lot lately – beginning to get a complex about it! The food we got was good and we had no complaints.

However our experience at breakfast was very good. The staff were exceptionally helpful. There was no plain yoghurt and I was told that it was probably still waiting to be unloaded from the delivery, but within a couple of minutes they had bothered to go and look and bring some over to me, in fact two people brought some over to me. Thank you, very much appreciated. The chap who took our order for our cooked breakfast was very helpful, going through what was available for breakfast and we have no complaints about the quality of the breakfast. We didn’t go down to breakfast until well after 9 and there was plenty of food available in the buffet section.

The hotel is just the right distance from the port at Southampton for an easy drive in so let’s hope air conditioning will be installed so that everyone can have a comfortable night’s sleep!

The reason we chose this hotel as opposed to other Premier Inns in the Southampton area was because it had on-site parking and we didn’t want to unload all our food etc as we were going on a self-catering holiday. The other Premier Inns did not appear to have on-site parking.

Not sure if I would stay at this Premier Inn again if I was sailing from Southampton. Would do if air conditioning is installed.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Worcester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2012

We stayed here prior to joining a cruise. We found the room to be comfortable and clean. We ate an evening meal in the resturant and while the food was ok, the staff were running all over the resturant and service was poor due to the fact there was only two of them and they had to work very hard. Breakfast was equally chaotic, a young man bringing my cooked breakfast as I was eating cereals and I had to lift my bowl to accommodate. All of is I could have ignored but for the fact we had a very disturbed, sleepless and noisy night. I had spoke to reception who told me they were dealing with it, but it carried on and my husband and I did not sleep at all. In the morning I spoke to e young man at reception who told me they had a group of grammer schools lads above our room and they did speak to them as others in the hotel had complained too. I have mailed Premier Inn and have not received an answer to my complaint which is not good. I would have expected at the very least a refund. So much for a guaranteed good nights sleep........

Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jane B
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at our hotel.

At Premier Inn we always strive to provide customers with a comfortable stay, and I apologise that on this occasion your stay was less than relaxing.

It is a shame that your stay was disrupted by actions of other guests; please be assured that the hotel staff will do all they can to prevent disturbances like this in the future.

Your feedback is very much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn in the future.

Naina
Social Media Team

Whitbread Hotels & Restaurants.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Eastleigh
Holiday Inn Southampton - Eastleigh M3,jct13
Premier Inn Southampton Airport Hotel
Ellington Lodge at the Concorde Club
BEST WESTERN Chilworth Manor
DoubleTree by Hilton Southampton
Premier Inn Southampton West Quay Hotel

Been to Premier Inn Southampton (Eastleigh) Hotel? Share your experiences!