“Short and sweet”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Eastleigh
Chester, United Kingdom
“Short and sweet”
Reviewed 1 July 2013

One night only, checked in at midnight and was out by 5am, but it was exactley what I needed, clean comfortable and hassel free, didn't try the restaurant. The air con wasn't working so had the window open and the traffic was alittle noisy but not busy in the early hours.

Room Tip: Avoid the motorway side
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 June 2013

I have stayed here a couple of times and try and avoid it when possible. The hotel is adjacent to the motorway with pylons running close by. The restaurant was okay but having had dinner there chose not to have breakfast. Even though I mentioned this to reception they still tried to charge me for it!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Southampton (Eastleigh) Hotel, responded to this review, 3 July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. At Premier Inn we endeavour to ensure all our guests have a quiet stay in a comfortable environment and do apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. Please be assured your comments has been noted and will be followed up with the Management Team at our hotel. Your feedback is very much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn in the future.
Ashton-under-Lyne UK
Reviewed 26 June 2013 via mobile

You get what it say's on the tin, a nice big comfy bed and the big screen TV on the wall. Lots of building work going on at the moment so lots of dust and noise in the day, The staff are first class and large big name hotels should take note" This is how it's done". Had the the big breakfast next door which was fine but did not eat there for anything else. My only gripe is the rooms are very stuffy and warm and if you open the window there is a fair amount of traffic noise from the M3 which is around 100 metre's away. However you do have a large free standing fan to keep you cool. On the whole a good hotel for a one night stop over.

Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Winchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 June 2013

My friend Sandy and I visited the restaurant part of this hotel today. The experience was mixed. I don't know why restaurants these days seem to think that low lighting is better than nice bright lighting but there seemed to be lots of lamps around with wicker shades, which didn't cast a lot of light - at lunchtime on a sunny day. There was also a LOT of building work going on so we had to negotiate fencing, vans, workmen and other obstructions to get into the restaurant in the first place.

We ordered drinks, half a pint of cider for me and - this is important - one diet Pepsi for Sandy (who was driving). Sandy had a "buy one meal get one free" voucher so we went a bit more upmarket than usual since we were only paying for one meal. I had curry and she had chicken with salad.

The food was tasty, well cooked and hot and we didn't have to wait long for it because the restaurant wasn't all that busy. However, the problems arose when we went to pay. We got our free meal and my half pint of cider with no trouble but Sandy was charged 25 pence extra for a "bottomless" Pepsi when she'd only had a normal one. We queried this and the waitress brought a new bill with the price adjusted. However, more confusion arose when we decided to pay separately. Sandy had the correct money for her share, but I didn't have any change so I gave the waitress a £10 note for my £7.48. When she returned she gave me just £2 so I was short by 52 pence. Unfortunately, she'd just put it into my hand and vanished and there didn't seem to be any other staff around. After hunting around for a while to see if we could find anyone who could deal with yet another query on our bill I decided that I might as well write off the 52 pence and we left.

This is the second time we've been to this place and we walked out the first time because we'd taken a look at the breakfast menu and decided it was far too expensive. We'd also had to wait a long time for anyone to come and serve us and the combination of both factors - expense and waiting - made us decide to leave and find somewhere else.

I give the food a score of 7/10, but the service only rates a 5/10. Both the waitresses we had were pleasant enough but, as I said earlier, both of them got our payments wrong - twice!

Somehow I don't think we'll be going back there in a hurry.

Room Tip: Althought this is a hotel, we only went into the restaurant area so we can't comment on the acco...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Peterborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 June 2013

We travelled down on a Sunday night before catching a ferry to IOW in the morning.
Staff were friendly, the room was clean & comfortable, the restaurant was nice. Good food and service. Suited our needs ideally. My only fault would be the road noise, even still with the double glazing etc. it was still very noticeable.

Room Tip: Our bedroom overlooked the road, traffic lights & ford garage - we found this noisy. I would ima...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Warsop, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 June 2013

We stopped here overnight before sailing from Southampton on a cruise and found it excellent.
Great location just off the motorway, large clean room and very helpful and pleasant staff. We ate in The restaurant attached and had a nice Meal which was very good value for money.
Last year we stopped in a very expensive hotel in the centre of Southampton and to be honest this Premier beat it hands down.
There has been a lot said about noise from the motorway but although we could see the motorway from our bedroom window, it did not bother us at all.
This hotel is great value for money and we will definitely stay here again, especially if we were sailing from Southampton. THE best Premier we have stayed in and it really puts some bigger more expensive chains to shame.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 June 2013

Spent two nights here in April with our three children. Fab Premier Inn with lovely welcoming staff who couldn't do enough for us. We mentioned some minor noise in our room when we returned in the evening, not because it was particularly loud be because the vibration under the floor that accompanied it kept our 6 month old awake as it made his cot shake slightly. They were quick to apologise (it turned out that it was the hand dryer in the restaurant) and offered for us to move room or have a refund for the night. Really good customer service. Adjoining restaurant was also very good and great with the children. Breakfast was fab too. Will definitely use it again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that isn't directly above the restaurant toilets!
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Eastleigh
Holiday Inn Southampton - Eastleigh M3,jct13
Premier Inn Southampton Airport Hotel
Travelodge Eastleigh Central
Travelodge Southampton Eastleigh
Ellington Lodge at the Concorde Club
Premier Inn Southampton West Quay Hotel

Been to Premier Inn Southampton (Eastleigh) Hotel? Share your experiences!