“Hot night!”

Premier Inn Southampton (Eastleigh) Hotel
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Eastleigh
Reviewed 7 July 2013

Staff great and very friendly, had breakfast and dinner at restaurant both very good with excellent service.
The place was let down by the building design, no air con, or much ventialtion at all. The room got to over 30 deg C and that was with fans going. Also a lot of noise from the window which could only open about 2 inches.
Don't book a room here unless the outside temperature is less than 20 or you'll be in for a hot night.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 7 July 2013

We wanted a place to stop on our way home - we had a late ferry back from Guernsey and did not want to travel through the night with two very young children (4 years and 5 months).

We booked in advance - we were not told that works were ongoing at the hotel (this did not affect our stay, but was a little off-putting initially); nor - significantly - were we told that the rooms did not have air-conditioning.

As soon as you came out of the lift, you realised how unbearably hot the hotel was. We were in room 117 - towards an end of the hotel where a window opened onto the corridor - this helped a very little bit. We had one fan on in our room when we arrived and one folded up sheet, with a note on it saying that if we were too hot under the cosy duvet, we could curl up under this lovely cotton sheet instead.

Alick - alone in the whole hotel on duty when we arrived at just after 1am, was extremely helpful - really very very good. Very sympathetic and understanding of the problems represented by the unacceptable heat. He offered - and brought to us - an additional fan and also located a further sheet - so that we could all curl up under a lovely cotton sheet rather than sweltering under a duvet. Without the additional fan and the duvet alternatives, I do not think we would have slept at all. Alick deserves to be commended for his thoughtfulness and attention to our needs, particularly given the hour and the fact that he was on his own.

Shane - by comparison - whom I met when I came to check out in the morning, was far less impressive. He asked me if we had had a good night - I explained. He asked me what I wanted to do about it. I gathered that he was asking me if I wanted my money back. I explained that I did not - but that this was only because of Alick's efforts. By this time, it was clear to us that the staff were well aware of the problem - frankly, it would be impossible for them not to be (the housekeepers, for example, were clearly very VERY hot as they were going about our work). Shane offered no acknowledgment of the unacceptable heat in the room. As I left, he wished me a nice day and apologised 'for any inconvenience'. It sounded completely formulaic and entirely insincere.

Room Tip: Choose one of the twenty rooms in the new development once this is completed - they have air conditi...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 July 2013

One night only, checked in at midnight and was out by 5am, but it was exactley what I needed, clean comfortable and hassel free, didn't try the restaurant. The air con wasn't working so had the window open and the traffic was alittle noisy but not busy in the early hours.

Room Tip: Avoid the motorway side
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 June 2013

I have stayed here a couple of times and try and avoid it when possible. The hotel is adjacent to the motorway with pylons running close by. The restaurant was okay but having had dinner there chose not to have breakfast. Even though I mentioned this to reception they still tried to charge me for it!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Southampton (Eastleigh) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. At Premier Inn we endeavour to ensure all our guests have a quiet stay in a comfortable environment and do apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. Please be assured your comments has been noted and will be followed up with the Management Team at our hotel. Your feedback is very much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn in the future.

Reviewed 26 June 2013

You get what it say's on the tin, a nice big comfy bed and the big screen TV on the wall. Lots of building work going on at the moment so lots of dust and noise in the day, The staff are first class and large big name hotels should take note" This is how it's done". Had the the big breakfast next door which was fine but did not eat there for anything else. My only gripe is the rooms are very stuffy and warm and if you open the window there is a fair amount of traffic noise from the M3 which is around 100 metre's away. However you do have a large free standing fan to keep you cool. On the whole a good hotel for a one night stop over.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 June 2013

My friend Sandy and I visited the restaurant part of this hotel today. The experience was mixed. I don't know why restaurants these days seem to think that low lighting is better than nice bright lighting but there seemed to be lots of lamps around with wicker shades, which didn't cast a lot of light - at lunchtime on a sunny day. There was also a LOT of building work going on so we had to negotiate fencing, vans, workmen and other obstructions to get into the restaurant in the first place.

We ordered drinks, half a pint of cider for me and - this is important - one diet Pepsi for Sandy (who was driving). Sandy had a "buy one meal get one free" voucher so we went a bit more upmarket than usual since we were only paying for one meal. I had curry and she had chicken with salad.

The food was tasty, well cooked and hot and we didn't have to wait long for it because the restaurant wasn't all that busy. However, the problems arose when we went to pay. We got our free meal and my half pint of cider with no trouble but Sandy was charged 25 pence extra for a "bottomless" Pepsi when she'd only had a normal one. We queried this and the waitress brought a new bill with the price adjusted. However, more confusion arose when we decided to pay separately. Sandy had the correct money for her share, but I didn't have any change so I gave the waitress a £10 note for my £7.48. When she returned she gave me just £2 so I was short by 52 pence. Unfortunately, she'd just put it into my hand and vanished and there didn't seem to be any other staff around. After hunting around for a while to see if we could find anyone who could deal with yet another query on our bill I decided that I might as well write off the 52 pence and we left.

This is the second time we've been to this place and we walked out the first time because we'd taken a look at the breakfast menu and decided it was far too expensive. We'd also had to wait a long time for anyone to come and serve us and the combination of both factors - expense and waiting - made us decide to leave and find somewhere else.

I give the food a score of 7/10, but the service only rates a 5/10. Both the waitresses we had were pleasant enough but, as I said earlier, both of them got our payments wrong - twice!

Somehow I don't think we'll be going back there in a hurry.

Room Tip: Althought this is a hotel, we only went into the restaurant area so we can't comment on the acco...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 June 2013

We travelled down on a Sunday night before catching a ferry to IOW in the morning.
Staff were friendly, the room was clean & comfortable, the restaurant was nice. Good food and service. Suited our needs ideally. My only fault would be the road noise, even still with the double glazing etc. it was still very noticeable.

Room Tip: Our bedroom overlooked the road, traffic lights & ford garage - we found this noisy. I would ima...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Eastleigh
Holiday Inn Southampton - Eastleigh M3,jct13
Travelodge Eastleigh Central
Travelodge Southampton Eastleigh
Premier Inn Southampton Airport Hotel
Best Western Chilworth Manor Hotel
Premier Inn Southampton West Quay Hotel

Been to Premier Inn Southampton (Eastleigh) Hotel? Share your experiences!