“Most awful service ever encountered”
Review of Peking Phoenix

Peking Phoenix
Ranked #30 of 134 Restaurants in Eastleigh
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

So we went there and immediately felt unwelcome. The guy who worked there was rude, had a nasty expression on his face the whole time. It was altogether a strange experience hostile experience.

There was an elderly lady who was really sweet and after complaining to her about this guy, she said she would have a word but it obviously didn't work.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The last time I ate here was about a year ago, and I remember it being a brilliant meal. However, this visit was exceptionally disappointing and I had to apologise to my date for a really poor meal. The starter (satay beef, and 1/4 duck were really nice - and generous on the pancakes for the duck), but it was the main that was very disappointing.

We had a sweet & sour veg, a lamb dish and a pork dish. All 3 dishes were overloaded with onion (like 30% of each dish was onion), and it'd only been slightly cooked, so it got very overpowering very quickly.

Would have said something to the staff, except we were never asked about the meal, and I didn't want to make a big fuss in front of my date.

Really disappointing experience, and for me, I'm not going back.

Reviewed 9 May 2018

Went for a meal with eight friends , service was slow staff seemed uninterested Buffett expensive food was nice but I have had better at a Chinese restaurants

Reviewed 25 April 2018 via mobile

I am so disappointed in tonight’s take away. Been a customer for a long time and a regular at that. Not sure what has changed over the past half a year or so but the quality has gone right down hill. Tonight’s chips were like card board and barely warm. The ribs were not as fresh as they usually are and the curry was very watery which made it flavourless. I’m not sure if they have changed staff and chefs but it’s definitely not as quality as it used to be! I used to love eating in but since having a baby recently we have opted for take aways.
Shame really that I feel this way. Must find a new local Chinese.

Reviewed 16 March 2018

observation was that service is good but they tend to talk more to people who spend the most money.
I like a Chinese to reflect Asia for the eating experience. décor is very plain but smart..