“Nashaa now renamed Mumbai lounge” 2 of 5 bubbles

Mumbai Lounge
Ranked #83 of 117 Restaurants in Eastleigh
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti, Eastern European
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Nashaa now renamed Mumbai lounge”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014

Had a take-away a couple of weeks ago, and it was not very good at all, it used to be called nashaa, but now it has been renamed "Mumbai lounge", they must have changed the chef as well and you can tell. I will be going to the great moghul which is just around the corner for my meals from now on, as I will not be having any meals from Mumbai lounge (the take-away was also in plastic containers which weren't very good)

• Visited March 2014

Chandlers Ford
“Greatly Improved”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

We have been here a few times under the its old ownership when food and service quality was sometimes a bit patchy. It's now under new ownership (and renamed Mumbai Lounge). I've seen some negative reviews since this change, but for our visit it was all positive.

Firstly the food. This has improved noticeably both in presentation and in flavour. I had lamb chop starter and naga chicken main, both were excellent. The chops were wonderfully marinated and served with a rocket salad. The naga chicken was comfortable warm but not overpowering. giving the tangy flavour of the chilli but without boiling my head. I really liked it.

Secondly the service. Although the waiting staff seem to be largely unchanged the whole atmosphere is much more welcoming than it had sometimes been in the past. Smiles all round, attentive excellent with my children and swift with the clear up. Amazing what a change of management can do for a team.

So as I said in the title, greatly improved. I can only wonder if the other reviewers hit some teething issues that may have occurred after the change but we enjoyed our visit and will definitely be going again.

• Visited March 2014