“Great fish and chips & dog friendly”
Review of Blue Bell Inn

Blue Bell Inn
Ranked #4 of 36 Restaurants in Emsworth
Price range: US$5 - US$17
Cuisines: Seafood, Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Blue Bell Inn Emsworth Public House offers a comfortable space in which to meet friends and socialise and is well stocked with a wide range of Real ales some of which are local, lagers, wines and spirits. The Blue Bell has developed a reputation for delivering fine food at reasonable prices under the watchful eye of owner Giles and head chef Steve. See what the fuss is about. Only yards from the harbour quay,this busy local is at the heart of the community, its the perfect spot for a drink or a bite to eat after a walk around the harbour. We pride ourself on the quality of the food at The Blue Bell, with it all being made in house, and using local suppliers were ever possible which helps support the local economy.
Chichester, United Kingdom
“Great fish and chips & dog friendly”
Reviewed 9 October 2012

The Blue Bell Inn is a great find. This was our second visit and the standard was the same on both occasions.
One word of warning, it is very popular with the locals and it is highly advisable to book if travelling. Dogs are most welcome and there were lots when we visited.
It has a lovely pub atmosphere but it's the food that makes us want to return. Absolutely delicious fish and chips and looking at what some of our fellow diners were having the quality would appear to extend to other meals as well.
I can think of few nicer ways to spend a Sunday than a walk along the shore at Emsworth followed by lunch at the Blue Bell Inn!

• Visited August 2012

Florida, USA
“great food”
Reviewed 3 October 2012

This pub was cozy and very popular with the locals. They have great food, we decided to have dinner there both nights we were in town!

Visited September 2012
Malaga, Spain
“Great if you can get a seat....”
Reviewed 21 September 2012

The local reputation of this fab 'bistro type' pub (the food, not the actual pub - which retains its old world charm), has made it difficult to get a seat. If you walk in not having booked, all the tables in the small restaurant area will say 'reserved'. But you can ask if they have a free table and you will be hopefully be accommodated. The food ranges from fish and chips, to fish on the bone and every other type of good food. I was a bit disappointed on several visits that the fish and scampi dishes are a bit 'bog standard' and price wise OTT. BUT - on this latest visit - I had a divine starter (I was offered it as a main dish, but only wanted a bite)....
Bed of rocket leaves, lovely seared scallops (4 loverly big juicy ones, including the beard.. orange bit).... a chorizo sausage - that had as little fat as I have ever tasted (and I live in Spain!)...some finely chopped sweet onion and a lovely balsamic and oil dressing, with a wedge of lemon on the side. I cannot remember enjoying a starter so much! I think I will be encouraging my father to take me there again ;)

• Visited September 2012
hayling island
“expensive wine no veg”
Reviewed 18 September 2012

We have visited this pub for many years and always been satisfied.On our visit last week we were not very satisfied,the wine list on the table had french vine du pas at £18 50 provance rose the same price a large glass of red £4.95 these are not pub prices no surprise that I did not see one bottle of wine on the iables .I had the pork loin with bubble and squeak the dish was good if a little small but with no veg,what happeded to the platter of veg.My wife had the fish and chips which was ok but much smaller than in the past and with large potato wedges not nice crisp chips.Please go back to your old standard and put a good house wine at a reasonable price.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank lionel p
Waterlooville, Hampshire
“Good fish and chips”
Reviewed 19 August 2012

Friendly staff, nice food. The pub is placed in the busy main st and sitting outside on a nice evening was lovely.

Visited August 2012