“wonderful”
Review of 36 On the Quay

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Emsworth
36 On the Quay
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Emsworth
Reviewed 21 May 2013

Went to 36 for my husbands birthday and our anniversary on the 6th of May and was a real treat. Have to say that the food was superb!! The entrees melted in the mouth as did the scallops for starters which were heavenly. The quail was very nice and rich and the lemon desserts best I have ever had. Had some glasses of red wine as the bottles were very pricey but as a treat this was an evening to remember, wonderful!!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank joannebug
There are newer reviews for 36 On the Quay

Reviewed 13 April 2013 via mobile

Just enjoyed a lovely meal, £200 for 2 people with one bottle of wine, so for my.purse a little expensive, but for a special occasion, very good.
I live in southsea, and for an equally good meal, but not so pricy, I would reccomend restaurant 27 in southsea.
The meals demonstrated the skills of the chef, a good complexity of techniques went into the finished product. I'm sure, if you had £200 pounds to spare, you would never be disappointed here.
Lovely views over the sea from the restaurant.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Southseagal
Reviewed 29 March 2013

What a fantastic evening. The food was to die for and Ray Karen and all the staff were on excellent form. Only wish we live nearer. Thanks once again. I can't recommend 36 on the quay highly enough !!!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Sophie W
Reviewed 13 March 2013

Six of us dined to celebrate a wedding anniversary. The whole experience was wonderful from the friendly and very knowledgeable staff to the superb food and ambience. It is not cheap but well worth a visit for a special occasion. I I wished we had booked to stay the night but am hoping my husband will treat me in the future!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Wrongsideofforty
Reviewed 10 March 2013

We arrived home today after a very special one night stay at 36 On the quay.

I had organised a birthday treat for my husband; three course meal at the Michelin starred restaurant and, unknown to him, an overnight stay in the Vanilla Suite. I checked in (secretly) in the afternoon and advised the staff of my plan. They were very friendly and accommodating. When they showed me to our room I was so excited to take my husband there, with the beautiful view over the quay, that I didn't think I would be able to keep it a secret!

We arrived for dinner at 20.30 and were greeted by Karen (Proprietor) and shown to our table by a friendly waitress. We both felt that the atmosphere was very comfortable, yet you also felt very looked after; as a vegetarian, I was advised that they had prepared a special menu and it was very pleasing to find that our glasses were never left less than half full! The staff were very attentive and knowledgeable about the menu, without being intrusive or pretentious.

The meal started with delicious canapés and homemade bread was served. We ordered a delicious bottle of red (£30.00) and were served appetisers of butternut squash with a liquorish cream. We both then had incredible starters and the experience continued to the main. Next we were served with a refresher and finally a five piece 'lemon presentation'.

I secretly ordered our breakfast (to be served in our room) and then once we were outside, told my very surprised husband that we weren't going home! The room itself is large with a comfortable bed, beautiful view, contemporary television and ipod docking station, a large range of tea and coffee and a corner bath ensuite. It was silent at night; we both slept extremely well.

Breakfast was served in our room, brought to us by Karen and one of her staff. It was a lovely continental with buttery pastries, outstanding yoghurt with fruit, homemade breads and freshly squeezed orange juice. We ate this whilst drinking tea, looking over the view of the quay; very special indeed.

I felt £57.95pp for such an outstanding experience was terrific value. I was lucky enough to be offered a dinner bed and breakfast rate at £180.00- fantastic considering our suit itself is advertised as £175+pn!

I have requested that my husband take me here for my birthday next month (and as much as possible in between!). We really felt like we had a slice of heaven- a relaxing and special few days.

Thank you all at 36, we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Room Tip: Vanilla suit has the most amazing view over the quay.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank laura-janeo88
Reviewed 20 February 2013

My husband and I stayed for two nights (15-16.2.13). Fantastic location. We decided to 'push the boat out' and reserved the apartment in the main building. We were delighted with the space, large bed and amenities. The continental breakfast was wonderful, delivered to the apartment and we were able to sit eating at the dining table in the lounge. The staff were very helpful. We had lunch at the restaurant on the Saturday with a family party. The food was excellent and the chef was able to accommodate my demands, low fat and no white bread/flour. A very enjoyable stay. PS There is a small car park attached.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 12Max
Reviewed 12 February 2013

Wow had dinner on Saturday evening, from the warm welcome to the fantastic food the wonderful wine the lovely staff the whole evening was faultless.

We can’t wait to return, can't recomend 36 On The Quay higly enough

If you are planning a visit to the area find time for lunch or dinner here you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SheWizz
Also consider these accommodations in or near Emsworth
Brookfield Hotel
#3 of 4 in Hayling Island
Crouchers Hotel
Crouchers Hotel
#2 of 8 in Chichester

Been to 36 On the Quay? Share your experiences!